Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 8 - Crows v Bombers Sun July 26th 1:05pm AEST (AO) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Crows by a lot

• Bombers by a lot

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 7, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Falcons
Brodie Smith was crying in the rooms after, is there a reason why you would take joy in any team going winless through a season? They’re humans, not robots. Our positives have been building the last 3 weeks and I really hope they can crack a win to bring some positivity into the club. I would think a Saints supporter could sympathize with a struggling team after what they’ve put you through over the last decade.
Decade? 1966 was a long time ago

Go the Guts

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Mighty Double Blues
Crows will win a game sooner rather than later, probably next week. The trend of teams on losing streaks (trust me, Essendon supporters are well educated to talk about this) is that the big losses turn into narrow ones... before the inevitable victory arrives.

I am just very glad that win wasn't today. The Crows have been travelling poorly, yes, but I think any game where a team has 6 of their top 10 players (Heppell, Shiel, Stringer, Hooker, Fantasia & Daniher) not playing... it was a legitimate danger game. I think we only have the capacity to properly cover 1 or 2 of those players missing... other teams can do it more comfortably. Crows had their own personnel missing as well but I don't think at that level.

No, but we did lose 2 of our best players early in the game, and that cost us the match. Our Captain Doedee had the ball on a string in the first quarter, he was having an insane game, and went out with a hammy, along with Brad Crouch.

Go the Guts

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Mighty Double Blues
That Connor run was awesome but does a little kick to yourself count as a bounce? Can you handball it as well?
Pretty sure bouncing it or touching it on the ground is the only legitimate play

Kick to self counts as a bounce in Gaelic..... I actually think he lost control of the ball and managed to get his boot under it. Was awesome to watch anyway. As was when he completely missed the ball handing us a goal not far out from the goalsquare.

Gaelic rules:

"Solo: A solo is one of the most difficult skills in Gaelic Football, especially when performed at speed. It is executed by dropping the ball from the hand to the foot, and then flicking it with the foot back up to the hand. This move is completed while running.

1. A player in possession may carry the ball a maximum of four steps before either:

a) bouncing the ball on the ground back to himself

b) kicking the ball to himself (solo)

2. The player may not take more than one bounce consecutively while running

3. He must at least alternate it with a solo every other four steps, although there is no limit to the amount of consecutive solos a player may take."

Last edited:
May 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Kick to self counts as a bounce in Gaelic..... I actually think he lost control of the ball and managed to get his boot under it. Was awesome to watch anyway. As was when he completely missed the ball handing us a goal not far out from the goalsquare.

Gaelic rules:

"Solo: A solo is one of the most difficult skills in Gaelic Football, especially when performed at speed. It is executed by dropping the ball from the hand to the foot, and then flicking it with the foot back up to the hand. This move is completed while running.

1. A player in possession may carry the ball a maximum of four steps before either:

a) bouncing the ball on the ground back to himself

b) kicking the ball to himself (solo)

2. The player may not take more than one bounce consecutively while running

3. He must at least alternate it with a solo every other four steps, although there is no limit to the amount of consecutive solos a player may take."

Its not Gaelic rules though.......its AFL (apparently).

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
Brodie Smith was crying in the rooms after, is there a reason why you would take joy in any team going winless through a season? They’re humans, not robots. Our positives have been building the last 3 weeks and I really hope they can crack a win to bring some positivity into the club. I would think a Saints supporter could sympathize with a struggling team after what they’ve put you through over the last decade.
After the grief we have copped for years I can think of several teams I’d like to see go winless in a season 😂
It is heaven living in Adelaide when both SA teams lose though

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Lol we're watching 2 bottom 4 teams here.

Stringer and Heppell aren't solving Essendon's problems, no matter what their delusional fans think.

Yeah because that’s all we had out 🤣
Shiel, Hooker, Fantasia and Daniher don’t count? Only 5 All Australians and 3 B&F winners among the outs....

Boristown

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah because that’s all we had out 🤣
Shiel, Hooker, Fantasia and Daniher don’t count? Only 5 All Australians and 3 B&F winners among the outs....

Daniher is cooked.
Fantasia? lol.
Shiel is good, but Adelaide losing 2 of their top 5 players in game more than balances that out.
And Hooker? Dude is old af and no where near the player he used to be.

You guys fell over the line against the worst team of the last 5 years, who have lost 10 in a row, with 2 players on the bench and you got the rub of the green with the umpires at every critical moment.

Just accept that you got lucky.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Daniher is cooked.
Fantasia? lol.
Shiel is good, but Adelaide losing 2 of their top 5 players in game more than balances that out.
And Hooker? Dude is old af and no where near the player he used to be.

You guys fell over the line against the worst team of the last 5 years, who have lost 10 in a row, with 2 players on the bench and you got the rub of the green with the umpires at every critical moment.

Just accept that you got lucky.

Apparently all our wins have been “lucky” despite virtually leading from start to finish in just about all of them.

You can lol all you like but they are significant losses from the team and are all best 22 players, plus a couple of fringe players who are injured who probably would have taken their spots.

Have a look how Collingwood are travelling with significant outs, as much as you all want to see Essendon fail they are holding well and their depth is a major part of it.

Accept it

Back