Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 8 - Swans v Hawks Sat July 25th 3:35pm AEST ( SCG) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It's one of those frees which sometimes it gets paid and sometimes the player gets a warning. Probably either needs to be stamped out or paid everytime. Anyway Papley was enormous and a class above all our defenders. Deserved all his goals.
Yep. Paps was enormous. If any teams want him, they better start looking under the couch for all the spare change they can find. From a swans perspective, while it would be easy to highlight Paps, Rampe and Parkers efforts I was really impressed with Elijah Taylor and he put his body on the line in some vital contests in the last 10. Lewis Taylor was composed in and under late and Ling positioned himself beautifully as the floating back late. A lot of those things don't show up on the stats sheet but by god they were important.

Papley was awesome, hes a star. I hold no ill will towards him for being a sh*t stirrer, he doesnt hold the whistle.

Clarko was right to question that one though, you do see it all the time and itsnot paid, like the one 2 seconds later.

It broke us.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Yeah mate I agree. At the time I wasn't annoyed at Papley at all but Gary Lyons garbage comments about it.

My opinion was okay fair enough it was there but then it should have been reversed to Mitchell on there goal line.
BUT I don't think the result would have changes much we struggled moving the ball out of there backline so Papley probably would have been able to create a goal some other way anyway.

Yep. Paps was enormous. If any teams want him, they better start looking under the couch for all the spare change they can find. From a swans perspective, while it would be easy to highlight Paps, Rampe and Parkers efforts I was really impressed with Elijah Taylor and he put his body on the line in some vital contests in the last 10. Lewis Taylor was composed in and under late and Ling positioned himself beautifully as the floating back late. A lot of those things don't show up on the stats sheet but by god they were important.
I have alot of respect for the swans. Good players create there own opportunitys.

And I know exactly what your talking about here, we used to have the King of influence over stats wearing the number 33. Those little things that mateship and playing for one and another. Those are the things you love to see as a supporter.

On the otherhand we have none of that and even when we shepard it looks so robotic. Ugh....

I have alot of respect for the swans. Good players create there own opportunitys.

And I know exactly what your talking about here, we used to have the King of influence over stats wearing the number 33. Those little things that mateship and playing for one and another. Those are the things you love to see as a supporter.

On the otherhand we have none of that and even when we shepard it looks so robotic. Ugh....
Did you foresee this years performance as being likely at the beginning of the year? I feel like I looked at your list at the start of the year and thought you could make finals with your list.

Clarkson complaining about umpires again and papley is best in comp for milking frees.
Said the free kick count 22-13 was like an extra player against them,does he have a point or cant accept his team can get beaten ?

Did you foresee this years performance as being likely at the beginning of the year? I feel like I looked at your list at the start of the year and thought you could make finals with your list.
It's not the list. We beat Brisbane round one in a pretty good game.

I'm not talking about stuff like, will this list win a premiership or anything like that just this list isn't a clear bottom 4.

Right now I can't see us winning another game.

There are BIG issues with the team. The only bloke who seems to be able to work his way through adversity is Will Day.

Got easily pushed under the ball for a goal against at the start of the game then created the spillage that lead to Scrimshaws opportunity in the last. That isn't his job it's his 4th game and he is well undersized to what his perfect playing shape should be.

It's like resting your hops on win and loseing on young Elijah Taylor while Rampe just half harts all his contests.

Anyway that's my rant

It's not the list. We beat Brisbane round one in a pretty good game.

I'm not talking about stuff like, will this list win a premiership or anything like that just this list isn't a clear bottom 4.

Right now I can't see us winning another game.

There are BIG issues with the team. The only bloke who seems to be able to work his way through adversity is Will Day.

Got easily pushed under the ball for a goal against at the start of the game then created the spillage that lead to Scrimshaws opportunity in the last. That isn't his job it's his 4th game and he is well undersized to what his perfect playing shape should be.

It's like resting your hops on win and loseing on young Elijah Taylor while Rampe just half harts all his contests.

Anyway that's my rant
Makes sense. Would the game against Freo be a possibility for a win? They haven't looked great. If as you say, those that should step up do, I think that's where your next win comes from.

Makes sense. Would the game against Freo be a possibility for a win? They haven't looked great. If as you say, those that should step up do, I think that's where your next win comes from.
No easy games right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one could foresee it a month ago. We were 3-1 and had played 3 of last year's top 4. Then all of a sudden we looked a completely different team, playing a different way and don't look capable of beating any side.

No one could foresee it a month ago. We were 3-1 and had played 3 of last year's top 4. Then all of a sudden we looked a completely different team, playing a different way and don't look capable of beating any side.
That's what I mean. I appreciate Barlow's explanation with the senior players just not working hard enough and leaving it up to a kid to get the club out of its slump. Just didn't see it coming. I guess the thing to hang hopes on is that if they do work their way out of the slump the list is capable of putting together a string of wins in quick succession.

Clarkson complaining about umpires again and papley is best in comp for milking frees.
Said the free kick count 22-13 was like an extra player against them,does he have a point or cant accept his team can get beaten ?
Hawthorn will win the free kick count handsomely next week. Papley will not get any.

Clarko can get ****ed. Glad to see his shitty side going backwards due to his shitty coaching. His players are a reflection of his coaching...shithouse. Enjoy tom mitchell hack disposals and having a pensioner in burgoyne being one of your best players. s**t coaching, s**t recruitment and a s**t gameplan. Can't wait to see wingard requesting a trade due to Clarko.

Clarko can get f’ed. Glad to see his shitty side going backwards due to his shitty coaching. His players are a reflection of his coaching...shithouse. Enjoy tom mitchell hack disposals and having a pensioner in burgoyne being one of your best players. sh*t coaching, sh*t recruitment and a sh*t gameplan. Can't wait to see wingard requesting a trade due to Clarko.
cd

I look at it this way.

Hawks coach (and supporters) have only just realised what the rest of us have for years. Because he's (you're) losing now.
Funny you don't seem to understand where I come from in this, this is not about Hawthorn , its about Australian Rules and how it is being ruined by new rule after rule, when it should never have been touched.
But your welcome to your opinion I am not whinging for the Hawks I am whinging for every one who follows anybody and sees their side get crucified by umpires with a million ways to interpret rules, that is the basis of football now IT IS NOT AS GOOD AS IT WAS.
And yes Clarko impememnted the training and recruiting and practising that cres=ated keepings off footy, and that is why we were so unbeatable at times, we even escaped the mangling of the rules by Gil and Hocking and co, I'm not talking about my club , I have been around a long time I remember when we couldn't win games, at all, late fifties and through the 60's after out Geelonh loss 63, but I also believe I saw the greatest football games that ever existed on the foot on field sports arenas of the world, 1989 GF was magnificent, we nearly dropped it, thank gosd we didn't , but that was football, the game is too fast now, and the rules too grey and the umps are trigger happy with the whistle, too many injured players now , no contact contest , players can't kick straight, handball is so quick most is throwing, normal defending practices against opponents get a free kick against you, especially defenders trying to stop forwards, they just can't, BECAUSE MOST TIMES IT'LL GET A FREE AGAINST. SEE IT EVERY WEEK, WE CAN'T ALL BE BLIND, our game is close to the point of no return, and it is bloody basketball now!

Clarko can get f’ed. Glad to see his shitty side going backwards due to his shitty coaching. His players are a reflection of his coaching...shithouse. Enjoy tom mitchell hack disposals and having a pensioner in burgoyne being one of your best players. sh*t coaching, sh*t recruitment and a sh*t gameplan. Can't wait to see wingard requesting a trade due to Clarko.
Thats a nice intelligent comment Shiv, you obviously haven't got over 2014 , but you'll be ok.
Clarko is not that bad either brother, but Syders didn't look much better than our rabble.

Back