Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 9 - Blues v Hawks Fri July 31st 5:40pm AEST (OPTUS) Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 43.2%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Youre like 1,000 monkeys and 1,000 typewriters discovering the adage just isnt true.
LLC8F0XWfeSFAIxTXtXHtLEjaaQ=.gif

Your club is a sh*t show, which will be made apparent in the second half of the season. Your record against the top 8 as it sits right now:
0-2 51%
Hawthorn's:
2-1 99%

All your wins against teams currently outside the 8, and none of them by a margin of more than 15 points.

We've not adapted well to the COVID conditions, and our confidence has taken a battering, but I wouldn't swap our list for yours in a million years. Talent aside, I'd be sad having to cheer for convicted drug cheats.
We ARE in the top 8. Despite playing a game less than scrub teams like yours.

Hawthorn have lost to 2 of the bottom 5 and barely beat another one. hahahaha.

Round 5:Collingwood 48-63 Essendon
Round 6:Collingwood 59-27 Hawthorn

Hawthorn 3rd oldest team in the league hahahaha.

We ARE in the top 8. Despite playing a game less than scrub teams like yours.

Hawthorn have lost to 2 of the bottom 5 and barely beat another one. hahahaha.

Round 5:Collingwood 48-63 Essendon

Yes, your biggest margin of the year. Congrats.

Speaking of barely beating bottom sides, your only wins this year besides pies was:

Adelaide by 3, Roos by 14, Swans by 6, and Dockers by 6.

What a s**t show. Only one win against a team outside the bottom 4, and none against teams currently in the 8. As soon as you come up against quality, you get thumped. Still completely head ****ed from the drugs scandal.

Get off it mate
" The Blues fell apart in the final three quarters as the lowly Hawks butchered them 89-27 after Carlton exploded out of the blocks in the afternoon Perth sun".

1596237099996.png
1596237234170.png 1596237266637.png

I believe that one of the main issues that Hawthorn had is that they’re not good at Giants Stadium. It was basically their worst ground even before they played games there this season. It was kinda unfortunate that they were chosen for the Sydney hub for this reason. Oh well, they still have a solid bunch of games coming up so it’s up to them to keep their season alive now.

Funny coming on here seeing supporters from essendon and Carlton saying your list is terrible and will be for the next 5 years. Has always made no sense to me when both teams have been terrible for a decade and still are barely pushing for the 8 .

I still don't see it with Carlton cripps is a superstar but he is already banged up and outside of that i dont see any potential superstars despite all of there early picks .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can agree with most of that but this Richmond side that has been dominating lately was a basket case for a lot longer then 20 years and they managed.

We have done the hard work beating top 8 sides Geelong, WB, Essendon & Port if it weren't for a miracle kick, coughing up games to likely bottom 4 Melbourne and Hawthorn is mental and a real issue.
Essendon and the Dogs aren't top 8 sides mate.

Get off it mate
" The Blues fell apart in the final three quarters as the lowly Hawks butchered them 89-27 after Carlton exploded out of the blocks in the afternoon Perth sun".

View attachment 924438
View attachment 924439View attachment 924441
Since 2000 the ledger is 22-5. Talk about being owned!!
Love it the last week the temerity of these salary cap cheats coming on here & trying to beguile us, this is priceless.
Mate just got beat the the Essendruggers & this year will be worthwhile.
HFC does a lot of things well, but sticking it up the media & the conga line of suck holes who follow it is our magnum opus.

I believe that one of the main issues that Hawthorn had is that they’re not good at Giants Stadium. It was basically their worst ground even before they played games there this season. It was kinda unfortunate that they were chosen for the Sydney hub for this reason. Oh well, they still have a solid bunch of games coming up so it’s up to them to keep their season alive now.

Hawthorn still have home games to come against Essendon, Adelaide, Gold Coast and Bulldogs. With Fremantle in Perth in two weeks.

Hawthorn’s record on big grounds this year (MCG, Etihad, Optus Stadium) 4-0

Hawthorn’s record on small grounds this year (GMHBA, Giants Stadium, SCG) 0-5

If those games were played at the MCG, there’s a very good chance Hawthorn win.

Hawthorn still have home games to come against Essendon, Adelaide, Gold Coast and Bulldogs. With Fremantle in Perth in two weeks.

Hawthorn’s record on big grounds this year (MCG, Etihad, Optus Stadium) 4-0

Hawthorn’s record on small grounds this year (GMHBA, Giants Stadium, SCG) 0-5

If those games were played at the MCG, there’s a very good chance Hawthorn win.
I’d say they’d probably beat GWS, Melbourne and Sydney, but I’d say that Collingwood would still defeat Hawthorn. I know Hawthorn has a really good record against Collingwood, but our good record against Hawthorn did not save us in Round 3.

It’s interesting to see how the remainder of the season pans out for Hawthorn. Will they go for finals or will they take it easy so that they can get a few picks? Probably the former if I know Clarkson well enough.

I’d say they’d probably beat GWS, Melbourne and Sydney, but I’d say that Collingwood would still defeat Hawthorn. I know Hawthorn has a really good record against Collingwood, but our good record against Hawthorn did not save us in Round 3.

It’s interesting to see how the remainder of the season pans out for Hawthorn. Will they go for finals or will they take it easy so that they can get a few picks? Probably the former if I know Clarkson well enough.

I'll have an answer for you after the West Coast game in about three weeks. ;)

Back