Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 9 - Demons v Port Thurs July 30TH 7:50PM AEST (Gabba) Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

D2D86EFE-0247-487A-88F0-888C1E742BCA.png

2020 TOYOTA AFL PREMIERSHIP
Round 9 • MELBOURNE V PORT ADELAIDE
THURSDAY JULY 30TH 7:50PM AEST (GABBA)

Tipping on BigFooty's own system.
Tip now - $1000 in cash prizes.

Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won.

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

ROUND 9 TEAMS

DEMONS

B: J.Lockhart, O.McDonald, J.Lever
HB: C.Salem, S.May, M.Hibberd
C: E.Langdon, C.Oliver, T.Sparrow
HF: J.Melksham, S.Weideman, A.Brayshaw
F: K.Pickett, M.Hannan, T.McDonald
FOLL: M.Gawn, C.Petracca, J.Viney
I/C: N.Jones, J.Harmes, L.Jackson, B. Fritsch
EMG: C.Spargo, A.Tomlinson, A.Neal-Bullen, N.Jetta

IN: T.Sparrow, T.McDonald
OUT: H.Bennell (Managed), N. Jetta (Omitted)

POWER

B: S.Mayes, T.Clurey, J.Lienert
HB: H.Hartlett, T.Jonas, D.Byrne-Jones
C: X.Duursma, O.Wines, K.Amon
HF: S.Powell-Pepper, B.Ebert, C.Rozee
F: Z.Butters, C.Dixon, R.Gray
FOLL: P.Ladhams, D.Houston, T.Boak
I/C: J.Westhoff, T.Rockliff, K.Farrell, M.Georgiades
EMG: R.Bonner, W.Drew, J.Garner, B.Woodcock

IN: J.Lienert, T.Rockliff
OUT: R.Bonner (Omitted), T.Marshall (Injured)

Posters resorting to umpire whinging will be removed from the game day thread. Take it to the Umpires/Rules/Tribunal/MRP board

Last edited:

What does history tell us about teams on a 4 day break?

The only time I can think of this situation occurring is the Collingwood/Essendon Anzac games?

Does anyone remember any 4 day break games, and how that team went? Might be tough for Melbourne, particularly because the Brisbane game was such a hard fought game right until the end.

Melb comfortably.
Ladhams is a very good young ruckman however
Gawn to have more hitouts than Port Adel's score, and more hitouts to advantage than Port Adel goals.

(Also I wish to subscribe to the Game Day thread on the umpires board if there are plans for one.

This one would turn into an equivalent of Melbourne home game, with lots of polite golf clapping and 'well played No 42 - I like the cut of your jib' and cheese boards and neutral club supporters.

The Umpires board version would turn into a Port Adel home game equivalent. Only PA fans would rock up, lots of booing and screaming at umpires, complaints about the lack of chips for dinner, and we could leave at 3/4 time and noone else would notice except for lurking Crows fans.)

What does history tell us about teams on a 4 day break?

The only time I can think of this situation occurring is the Collingwood/Essendon Anzac games?

Does anyone remember any 4 day break games, and how that team went? Might be tough for Melbourne, particularly because the Brisbane game was such a hard fought game right until the end.
Melbourne and Essendon has played 1 or 2 over the last few years after the ANZAC day/eve games

Standard has been terrible, but we have won

Intrigued by the 3 tall set up, all of Weideman/Jackson/McDonald are mobile enough for it to work IMO.
Port have a short backline so it will eaither work wel with the talls clunking their marks or backfire as in theory they will be able to clear the ball out of their backline with ease

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port have a short backline so it will eaither work wel with the talls clunking their marks or backfire as in theory they will be able to clear the ball out of their backline with ease

I'm not sure of the numbers but I don't feel as if even with the smaller forward line that we were that much a forward pressure side that locked the ball in. That kind of defeats the purpose of the smaller forward line.

Hard to get too enthused about this game, given the garbage served up on Monday and Last Night.

This festival of Football (whilst I can understand why during this COVID19 crisis) is going to result in poorer standard of footy as so many games crammed in such a short space of time.

Don't care who wins (would like to see Harley Bennell do well) as long as it's a close, exciting match.

Hard to get too enthused about this game, given the garbage served up on Monday and Last Night.

This festival of Football (whilst I can understand why during this COVID19 crisis) is going to result in poorer standard of footy as so many games crammed in such a short space of time.

Don't care who wins (would like to see Harley Bennell do well) as long as it's a close, exciting match.

Bennell is not playing - has been "managed"

Have supporters of a team who are on top of the ladder with a healthy percentage ever been as negative as Port’s? Port should win comfortably (and we’ll play Westhoff back in to form).

First game of Melbourne i will have the chance to watch for the season. Hopefully those “gorn” and “petracker” fella’s dees fans are raving about don’t dissatisfy :)

Back