Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 9 - Demons v Port Thurs July 30TH 7:50PM AEST (Gabba) Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might give up on AFL now.. I've watched 3 games, 3 days in a row with 3 teams that just don't look like they want to actually win the game. The integrity of the game is at stake here.

First Fremantle load up their backline, with basically no chance of scoring, and score hardly anything for the entire game. I forgave this, because they are a young team, have some big injuries and the weather was terrible. Then I moved onto watching the Bulldogs simply look like they don't care, not try and just let Richmond run around freely taking uncontested marks and do as they please, and get belted in the process. I thought... ok, teams have off games, it happens. Then onto this Melbourne game... and I see two teams that are probably quite evenly matched. Port has a lot of young players, similar to Melbourne.. both fast and play through the middle type of teams.... But Melbourne do exactly the same as the Bulldogs last night, and look like they could care less! They have the skill as we have seen them play good football over the past month, but this is clearly an attitude problem. There is no way that Melbourne are this bad. It's an absolute disgrace.

Having my own team belted by West Coast was bad enough, but at least they gave it a crack at the start.. and just got run over the top of due to West Coast being a tough gig to win in Perth and we have our own injury problems. But Seriously, what is with these teams going into half time on 1 goal?? and then even in the second half not doing anything to redeem it? All these games I'm watching, ONE TEAM just total collapses.. these past 3 games I can tell the game is over in the first 5 minutes. West Coast, Geelong and Richmond have good defenses... ok. But Port does not have a juggernaut defense. Seeing Westhoff have his way with these fools, after seeing Westhoff 5 days ago is just sad.

So this is my vent.. No offence to Geelong, Richmond or Port fans.. your teams have played well. But the opponents you all played against have been the most pathetic and useless garbage I have seen in years! It's a complete waste of time watching this garbage. Bring back the forfeit rule to save us from these ridiculous games.

Putrid everything by Melbourne. Their game plan of playing down the line was so easy to repel. Their skills disgusting, their midfield pushed around, their effort non existent.

Besides Gawn and maybe Oliver I honestly see very little.

That was such a disappointing game from Melbourne. People may talk about Port getting the run of the umps, but Melbourne were honestly lucky that they did not concede more free kicks and get paid less free kicks. An undisciplined night for them.

I really don't know what Melbourne needs to do to get back to another PF. It's a really strange one to be honest because they haven't lost too much from that era.

That was such a disappointing game from Melbourne. People may talk about Port getting the run of the umps, but Melbourne were honestly lucky that they did not concede more free kicks and get paid less free kicks. An undisciplined night for them.

I really don't know what Melbourne needs to do to get back to another PF. It's a really strange one to be honest because they haven't lost too much from that era.
2018 was a fluke.

Back