Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 9 - Eagles v Cats Sat August 1st 8:10PM AEST (Optus) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Really good game. Enjoyed it. Umpiring was a bit dodgy both ways but I thought the way both teams went hard at the ball all night was a credit to them and made for an enthralling contest.

I thought Cripps played on over the line and was lucky to get away with it. If you have to go off your line and around the man on the mark to kick it, you've played on. Once you have played on from inside the field of play and go over the line, that's oob. Different to when you start from over the line, and even then you have to move towards the field of play. Makes up for the blatant push in the back to Kennedy early on. ;)

Yeah man, your home games are almost unwatchable because of the consistent favoured treatment. Wasn't there even some inquiry into at some stage in the last few years? You either notice it and won't admit it or you're far too one eyed to see it. I know my own mind. This is the first time I can recall not being frustrated by the pro Eagle umpiring in Perth. That really does mean that your side has been aided in winning games. Its that black and white.
LOL...you just KNOW the bogan that posted the above puffed his chest out while typing his comment!

That's a huge win by the Eagles, potentially season defining. We always seem to have a great crack away to West Coast and just fall short. Just severely lacked composure at some crucial stages.

To be honest, I'm kind of enjoying the 2020 season, where I can just appreciate a titanic contest involving my team, instead of living and dying on the result.

Its ok to move sideways out of bounds to kick it around the guy on the mark?
If you run in a straight line as part of taking the kick. Yes.

Also fine, to start out of bounds lining up for goal, then run inboard to open the angle, despite your few first steps off your line being while out of bounds.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Then it was OOB

the Cripps pass?

clearly out of bounds! Ump missed it

on the “knee” goal - kudos to the 3rd umpire - no way known you could be certain either way / have to go with original decision

IMO - the 3rd umpire often makes calls where it’s nowhere near certain enough. Umps call should be used more often

Another honourable loss to the cats, giving up a lead, and question marks around ream selection. Just a bit too cutesy Chris Scott.

Back