Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 9 - Eagles v Cats Sat August 1st 8:10PM AEST (Optus) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

D9F28C32-B5C3-4DA3-BE55-60C053DE624D.png

2020 TOYOTA AFL PREMIERSHIP
Round 9 • EAGLES V GEELONG
SATURDAY AUGUST 1ST 8:10PM AEST (OPTUS)

Tipping on BigFooty's own system.
Tip now - $1000 in cash prizes.

Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won.

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

ROUND 9 TEAMS

EAGLES

B: L.Duggan, T.Barrass, S.Hurn
HB: B.Sheppard, H.Edwards, T.Cole
C: D.Sheed, T.Kelly, A.Gaff
HF: J.Cripps, J.Darling, J.Cameron
F: J.Waterman, J.Kennedy, L.Ryan
FOLL: N.Naitanui, E.Yeo, L.Shuey
I/C: O.Allen, J.Nelson, B.Ainsworth, B.Ah Chee
EMG: X.O’Neill, B.Williams, J.Rotham, N.Reid

IN: H.Edwards, B.Ah Chee
OUT: J.Rotham (omitted), J.Redden (injured)

CATS

B: M.O’Connor, M.Blicavs, J.Kolodjashnij
HB: J.Henry, H.Taylor, T.Stewart
C: S.Menegola, P.Dangerfield, L.Fogarty
HF: M.Duncan, T.Hawkins, G.Miers
F: S.Simpson, G.Rohan, B.Close
FOLL: E.Ratugolea, C.Guthrie, B.Parfitt
I/C: J.Bews, L.Henderson, C.Constable, Z.Tuohy
EMG: J.Parsons, N.Kreuger, Z.Guthrie, C.Stephens

No changes

Posters resorting to umpire whinging will be removed from the game day thread. Take it to the Umpires/Rules/Tribunal/MRP board

Last edited:

Everyone on the Eagles bandwagon now. Would not be surprised if Eagles drop this one.
Everyone jumped on our bandwagon in July last year after a couple of impressive games and we cocked up a home game vs a half cooked, out of form Collingwood. This team for whatever reason doesnt take favouritism well.

Everyone jumped on our bandwagon in July last year after a couple of impressive games and we cocked up a home game vs a half cooked, out of form Collingwood. This team for whatever reason doesnt take favouritism well.
I still have nightmares about that last piece of piss soda game we had against hawthorn....

I still have nightmares about that last piece of piss soda game we had against hawthorn....

Its the bathwater that does it. The second this team gets going and papers start talking them up almost everyone starts to think they're king sh*t. Effort then drops and we get rolled by crap teams.

Expecting to get over Geelong but wouldnt be surprised if we lost to one of Carlton/ Hawthorn.

Would have liked an earlier start but it should stay fine. I reckon we are finding our feet and will win comfortably.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Missing McGovern and Redden and Willie Rioli but more than enough seasoned campainers to get the Eagles home.
Predicting a slightly messy very vocal 50% capacity crowd .Lots of anger towards fat jive ass turkey cliver palmer and his liberal stooges to be directed at Geelong tonight
Be a great opportunity for someone to knock up 30k f#%^ off clive posters and hand them out

Got a plastic tenner on geelong at $4 the other day.

bit of a consolation prize if we lose. With their outs and optus we really shouldnt.
Speaking of plastic tenners b05279cfd6086ad1285c8c16188e7e4d.gif
I will just leave Clive quietly there were he's happy and not doing any damage

Last edited:
WCE should win comfortably but these are the sort of games where we pull the finger and surprise those who have written us off.
Pfffft

Geelong to slide down the ladder in 2̶0̶1̶1̶ ̶2̶0̶1̶2̶ ̶2̶0̶1̶3̶ ̶2̶0̶1̶4̶ ̶2̶0̶1̶5̶ ̶2̶0̶1̶6̶ ̶2̶0̶1̶7̶ ̶2̶0̶1̶8̶ ̶2̶0̶1̶9̶ ̶ 2020!!!

+ Dahlhaus, Narkle, Clark, Atkins and both our rucks in Stanley and Fort. This current Geelong lineup is as weak as it will get or has been for a long while.

Yeah let's not get carried away. You still have 7 of 9 on the list from last year's B&F top 10. We're missing McGovern, Hutchings, Redden and others but Petruccelle and Jones being injured isn't noteworthy.

McGovern and Redden are the real outs. That said, Redden hasn't been great this year.

Hutchings would be handy if we wanted to tag Dangerfield, but he's better suited to Selwood who isn't playing.

Redden has been a bit anonymous this year. In his WC career he polled 10 Brownlow votes in 2018 (and came second in the B&F) and has polled 0 in any other season.

Back