Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 9 - North v Crows Sat August 1st 2:35 pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• North by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Crows by a lot

• Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Red Bull

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 29, 2010
mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Carlton
Still cannot believe Adelaide paid two first rounders for what Bryce Gibbs churns out...must get genuinely tough for Adelaide fans to stomach

2DFC498A-08A1-4A4E-A6B5-6F9D7BCA10E6.jpeg

This could very well be the worst team of the century. And that includes some dreadful Demons, Carlton & Lions sides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 20, 2009
Pascoe Vale
AFL Club
Geelong
In all seriousness, it must be so frustrating being a Crows fan. They show glimpses of effort and skill for 15-20 minutes part-way through games, but then tune out for the rest of the match.

If they were just completely shizen, you could accept that. But they're clearly capable of better than what they're churning out at the moment.

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
This could very well be the worst team of the century. And that includes some dreadful Demons, Carlton & Lions sides.
I’d say we aren’t at those levels yet, but another couple of years of this and we will go close. I think you must’ve wiped some of those memories away, but Brisbane lost a game to us by 137 points in 2016. Amazing how that was only 4 years ago!

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
In all seriousness, it must be so frustrating being a Crows fan. They show glimpses of effort and skill for 15-20 minutes part-way through games, but then tune out for the rest of the match.

If they were just completely shizen, you could accept that. But they're clearly capable of better than what they're churning out at the moment.
Then they insult us with the selections during the week and still pretend this is a rebuild.

Bungeye

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Adelaide made the kangaroos look like a top 4 side! It just goes to show when you give a team time and space the players can show off their skill. Imagine the unbelievable highlights we've being denied because of a defensive mindset. I like to thank the Adelaide Crows for letting the Kangaroos play football and giving us a good highlight reel.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
Again, do your best, even the most optimistic supporters have been bashed into oblivion. I’m sure it will get worse too as they’re still deluded enough to bring back players like Gibbs, Atkins and Knight when they can sniff a win.
I'm not knocking any Crows fan here. That's passion. Anyone can forgive you for giving up on the season.

Though I cant see the two trolls that aren't here, and only rock up for Port losses.... Spineless.

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
Gotta admire the Crows supporters. Dedicated lot, despite their horrible season. Game day thread on main board a miserly 8 pages, yet on Crows board it’s 46 pages and counting. And barely a complaint or criticism of the club or players amongst the lot of them.
Ah what? The whole game day thread is just supporters venting about how bad the club and effort of players is. If you’re going to troll, at least put some effort in.

Go and find me anyone on our board who could find a positive today. You’ll be a while.

I’d say we aren’t at those levels yet, but another couple of years of this and we will go close. I think you must’ve wiped some of those memories away, but Brisbane lost a game to us by 137 points in 2016. Amazing how that was only 4 years ago!
Certainly haven't wiped those memories away, which is why I included the Lions in that group, sadly.

You're right though that sustained failure is a measurement that the Crows can't be tested on yet but so far in terms of a singular season, this is up there for one of the worst thus far.

Duckenthusiast

All Australian
Jul 4, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I reckon they did zero due diligence on it, knowing what we know about the Crows admin.

It was so bizarre. They threw a tantrum that he was wasn't a father/son and spent Gibbs' entire career chasing him. Gibbs rebuffs them time after time. Even the 2 years prior when Adelaide chased him, he would have been a good get. Then after Adelaide had basically moved on from him after he signs a long term career finishing contract with Carlton and out of nowhere he wants to swan in to a team that had played a grand final and get away from Carlton that had given him long term security. I honestly thought Adelaide would tell him to gagf, that they would have taken 22,24,26 yr old Gibbs, but not 28 year old Gibbs who wanted to extract an overcooked deal from another team and pass it onto Adelaide when he rejected them so many times before. Not only did they sign for him, they traded 2 first rounders to do it. They both deserve each other.

And on another note, Gibbs is a total utensil. Absolute front running, self-centred utensil. You don't think we remember when you slammed Gray's head into the turf, whinged in the Vic media about getting suspended for it, whinged in the media about Schulz not getting suspended for something about 10% as bad, and then mocking Sam Colquhoun for getting dropped after he called you out for it. We know who you are Gibbs you utensil.

Back