wicksy

Cancelled
Feb 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Clippers, Daniel Ricciardo Racing
That's where Wuhan will be a close watch over the coming months

Can we really compare ourselves with a country whose population actually do what they're told?
As soon as the foot is pulsated in this country, people will lose their minds (if it's possible to lose it further) and the virus will be back and roaring before we can blink.

FrakturedHalo

The Voice of Reason
May 6, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Can we really compare ourselves with a country whose population actually do what they're told?
As soon as the foot is pulsated in this country, people will lose their minds (if it's possible to lose it further) and the virus will be back and roaring before we can blink.
Lol they do what theyre told and remain inside their apartments and selfisolate because theyre welded in to make sure they do as theyre told 🤣

Except for those non-compliants jumping out their apartment windows trying to escape to get food, or just trying to escape from life full stop i guess. God will deal with them where the chinese government couldn't 👍🏻

wicksy

Cancelled
Feb 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Lol they do what theyre told and remain inside their apartments and selfisolate because theyre welded in to make sure they do as theyre told 🤣

Except for those non-compliants jumping out their apartment windows trying to escape to get food, or just trying to escape from life full stop i guess. God will deal with them where the chinese government couldn't 👍🏻

Let's do that then!
I'm more than prepared to let the gov't/miiltary do whatever they want if it means my family will remain safe from the morons that roam this land with no care for anyone but themselves.

FrakturedHalo

The Voice of Reason
May 6, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Let's do that then!
I'm more than prepared to let the gov't/miiltary do whatever they want if it means my family will remain safe from the morons that roam this land with no care for anyone but themselves.
Well tbh if they dont start cracking down on people soon - my cousins just out of the police academy so has been shoved onto that operation sentinel project going around doing spot checks on those who are meant to be under mandatory home quarantine, and even tho she said they're actually finding unbelievably 1 out of 3 people not even home and when they call them or finally get a hold of them and ask where the hell are you and get told "oh i just went down to XYZ" or "i went and met up with a friend at Blah Blah place" or two even told her they were at bloody work??!! 😳 not one fine has been issued, the directives been given to 'educate' these people first at what they can and cant do ffs - then theres gonna be some vigilante action from angry citizens who are doing the right thing and making the required sacrifices and putting up with the temporary (or maybe not so temporary given how many idiots still arent getting it) inconvenience to their lives for the public health good.

I have a large assortment of various welders of all sizes for an assortment of different materials: steel, poly, hdpe, aluminium whatever else you can think of at my disposal at my dad n brothers civil construction company in their factory. Just sayin'

With all due respect, I think this question is more relevant for everyday Aussies who have lost their livelihood and in many instances, may struggle to find work again.

As for the players, the large majority are on significantly above average wages and any sensible minded player should have a good savings regime. The exception might be young players just entering the game. As for those long standing senior players who have been on excellent money for many years, suggest they could or should be able to cope with a 2 month window of zero pay to be reviewed at the end of May. Further thoughts?

Then Members who have no longer have a Job would want there Money back from there Memberships

Feb 8, 2007
Point Cook
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Spurs

Not really, we seem to have the mentality that we are non touchable, despite the devastation currently in Europe, and China previously.
The "she'll be right mate" attitude wont work for us in this matter, and the morons who flaunt the government directives should be charged and fined, like the two wealthy w***ers who had the virus, but opted to not self lsolate!!....

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
we’d be at the MCG now.

Was Another time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FrakturedHalo

The Voice of Reason
May 6, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
we’d be at the MCG now.

Was Another time.
I got the alert on my phone from the AFL app "Tigers v Magpies game on now" and got hell excited, thought they had somehoe managed to talk the government around and saved the season and Id just missed the news?? Alas no just epic app fail

20200326_202241.jpg

wicksy

Cancelled
Feb 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Well tbh if they dont start cracking down on people soon - my cousins just out of the police academy so has been shoved onto that operation sentinel project going around doing spot checks on those who are meant to be under mandatory home quarantine, and even tho she said they're actually finding unbelievably 1 out of 3 people not even home and when they call them or finally get a hold of them and ask where the hell are you and get told "oh i just went down to XYZ" or "i went and met up with a friend at Blah Blah place" or two even told her they were at bloody work??!! 😳 not one fine has been issued, the directives been given to 'educate' these people first at what they can and cant do ffs - then theres gonna be some vigilante action from angry citizens who are doing the right thing and making the required sacrifices and putting up with the temporary (or maybe not so temporary given how many idiots still arent getting it) inconvenience to their lives for the public health good.

I have a large assortment of various welders of all sizes for an assortment of different materials: steel, poly, hdpe, aluminium whatever else you can think of at my disposal at my dad n brothers civil construction company in their factory. Just sayin'

Let's f@#$ do it....My undies are already on the outside of my pants in preparation...

But seriously... F@#$ those idiots...

we’d be at the MCG now.

Was Another time.

Shout out to your avatar. Great scene, great series, two great characters. I personally miss that one you had with the polar bear heaving itself into the snow, but Omar and Stringer come a close second.

Help My Club

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Then Members who have no longer have a Job would want there Money back from there Memberships

Up to each Member whether they seek a refund. I'm not sure that any member/supporter should feel that they owe the club, particularly from a financial perspective. I would hasten to say that it could/should be the other way round.

Help My Club

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
To be fair, that number is boosted by the stars who earn 900-1million.

The majority of young players and fringe players are only on 100-200k, and their average career length is 4 years...

This is true mate.

The clubs/coaches/senior players always profess about leadership. Well here's there opportunity to demonstrate it in the real world. All senior coaches, senior players (who have been in the system for a while and have earned great coin), senior management at club land and the executive at the AFL waive their salaries until the end of May or take a serious haircut say 80% to be reviewed thereafter. We are talking 2 months. As for the younger players, to protect them,how about a base salary of say $100,000 (well above the average wage) for the next 2 months.

There you go. All done.

PS : I believe Chris Scott has requested to forego his entire salary during this lockdown. Now there's a good bloke.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hearing Reports that Shopping Center are Full and People just Going out and Hanging out like nothing is Wrong

Not what I'm seeing on my limited exposure. Local centre is all but deserted other than a few people buying lunch or going to the supermarket. A lot of the retail stores are closed already, even some of the food stores.

FrakturedHalo

The Voice of Reason
May 6, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hearing Reports that Shopping Center are Full and People just Going out and Hanging out like nothing is Wrong
If i hadve taken a photo of the Bunnings Mentone carpark as I was at the lights and posted it here, i fear it would actually cause some people to think we're all gonna die because of hundreds and hundreds of idiots

Back