Autopsy AFL 2020 Second Preliminary Final - Lions v Cats Sat October 17th 7:40pm AEDT/6:40pm AEST (Gabba) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win a d by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 55 42.0%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 38 29.0%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Draw - Lions in extra time

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Draw - Cats in extra time

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
The 1967 GF rematch.

Much more likeable blokes back then like Polly Farmer and Royce Hart, absolute gentlemen of the game unlike modern day flogs like Dangerfield and Cotchin.

"As long as we win tomorrow, I’ll be happy. After that we have a fairly easy draw and I reckon we can be on top after five matches."

- Royce Hart on the eve of his first game

How would that go over today?

bilko2

Senior List
May 17, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We will see next week. Love it how Tigers beating Port proves legitimacy yet Geelong comfortably handling a side the great Tigers lost to doesn't mean anything.
All good. Will be interesting to see if the Tigers allow the Cats to bring the ball up through defence (their 2nd, 3rd and 4th kicks) unopposed as pretty much Collingwood and Brisbane did.

Wavvey

All Australian
Apr 4, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Portland Trailblazers
Will Charlie Cameron ever catch any heat? Or does he get to escape it because he is exciting to watch?

Went missing after the first quarter, and saw him multiple times decide to not chase when he could of put on pressure and jogged around. Finished the game with 5 disposals.

There must a thousand Hawthorn flogs on Big Footy who hate Geelong and you're trying to land a blow on the one who doesn't give a sh*t.

The only anger I'm feeling right now (if you can call it that) is why I didn't bet on the Cats to win the flag earlier in the year when I knew they were the team to beat.
Get well soon.

Mantastic

Premiership Player
Jun 22, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man City, Cleveland Browns
Geelong’s defence is slow and our much quicker forwards should have a field day. Expecting Hipwood, Cameron, Coleman, McCarthy, Bailey and Rayner to tear them to shreds. Add in scoreboard contributions from Zorko, McCluggage, Robinson, Berry, Neale, Lyons or McInerney and we will blow them out of the water. We have too many offensive weapons for them. Finally, we won’t be tossing up lollipops as we enter our offensive 50 like Collingwood did. Just as we did against Richmond, expect Geelong to have very few intercept marks in defence. Lions by lots.

Nostradamus

Geelong’s defence is slow and our much quicker forwards should have a field day. Expecting Hipwood, Cameron, Coleman, McCarthy, Bailey and Rayner to tear them to shreds. Add in scoreboard contributions from Zorko, McCluggage, Robinson, Berry, Neale, Lyons or McInerney and we will blow them out of the water. We have too many offensive weapons for them. Finally, we won’t be tossing up lollipops as we enter our offensive 50 like Collingwood did. Just as we did against Richmond, expect Geelong to have very few intercept marks in defence. Lions by lots.
How'd that work out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Black white

Club Legend
May 4, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Will Charlie Cameron ever catch any heat? Or does he get to escape it because he is exciting to watch?

Went missing after the first quarter, and saw him multiple times decide to not chase when he could of put on pressure and jogged around. Finished the game with 5 disposals.
cameron.jpg

Hard to chase on an invisible bike.

ijaxcat

All Australian
Apr 28, 2011
Bright
AFL Club
Geelong
The funny thing with Geelong supporters sooking over Fred Swift's mark on the goal line that it was taken seconds before the final siren and Richmond were 2 goals up, even if it was a goal Richmond would have won anyway
You are in dream land, that wasn’t the only bad decision. What about the clear mark to
John Scarlett 15 metres out when umpire Sheales was 60 metres behind the play, or the
fact that Bartletts final quarter goal was clearly touched. Or any of the other half
dozen things that went against Geelong and shouldn’t have. Polly Farmer wasn’t the only
Geelong person to bring up the bad decisions, the coach Peter Pianto, who would usually
not say anything about umpires, was so upset the next day on World Of Sport that he
said that the best team had lost, and they had.

Captain_Bender

Premiership Player
May 21, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
"As long as we win tomorrow, I’ll be happy. After that we have a fairly easy draw and I reckon we can be on top after five matches."

- Royce Hart on the eve of his first game

How would that go over today?
What about naming your greatest team ever and naming yourself at centre half forward

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
The honesty is refreshing. Players today have to be such robots

Hart copped a lot of flak for publishing an autobiography at barely 22yo, which contained a "greatest ever" team with himself at CHF. This has since morphed into "the team I'd like to play with". Not sure what the truth is, but he had the ability to back up his opinions.

There have been recent attempts in the media to link modern Richmond to the 1970's arrogance, but I don't see it.

Talking about with the new bye mate. We won 2 qualifying finals and 2 flags with the big Lay offs. Don’t think it makes that much of a difference

We all know about those 3 though
Good for you. It's going to be 4 flags next week.

Back