Autopsy AFL 2020 Second Preliminary Final - Lions v Cats Sat October 17th 7:40pm AEDT/6:40pm AEST (Gabba) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win a d by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 55 42.0%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 38 29.0%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Draw - Lions in extra time

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Draw - Cats in extra time

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Also Fagan isn't an immature 20 year old so of course he isn't going to throw a tantrum in a post-match presser. Massive lol at the idea that he isn't hurting or angry about the result.

It's not about being a sore loser, just showing you're a little downbeat after a completely shattering loss, barely putting up a fight, missing the opportunity for a once in a lifetime home GF.

Fagan is talking like it's a foregone conclusion that Brisbane improve every year over the next 5 years, but that's not realistic and selling dreams to the supporter base.

Likely this was their one and only chance for a premiership.

Cats kick straight and this one was an absolute decimation, Brisbane never seemed to be in it at all despite the scoreboard, it was just the Cats weren't putting the space on the score board margin.

Cats are in pretty ominous form their last two wins.

Cats kick straight and this one was an absolute decimation, Brisbane never seemed to be in it at all despite the scoreboard, it was just the Cats weren't putting the space on the score board margin.

Cats are in pretty ominous form their last two wins.

Geelong are the form team you have to say. The only reason Richmond are favourites is because of what they did one year and three years ago.

Yes , I have noticed that Xtreme. I must say it's a little bit creepy.

I have seen tbe light and know a good team when I see one. Plus Chris Scott looks ace with the beard!

You are in dream land, that wasn’t the only bad decision. What about the clear mark to
John Scarlett 15 metres out when umpire Sheales was 60 metres behind the play, or the
fact that Bartletts final quarter goal was clearly touched. Or any of the other half
dozen things that went against Geelong and shouldn’t have. Polly Farmer wasn’t the only
Geelong person to bring up the bad decisions, the coach Peter Pianto, who would usually
not say anything about umpires, was so upset the next day on World Of Sport that he
said that the best team had lost, and they had.
are you my in-laws..........??!!!!

I have seen tbe light and know a good team when I see one. Plus Chris Scott looks ace with the beard!
He is more likeable with the beard 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That and the fact we seem to always catch teams having a bad night. Hopefully Richmond have a bad night next week as well.
yep, two weeks ago I looked at that side of the draw and thought it was the one to avoid. Turned out to be a cakewalk when both Collingwood and Brisbane apparently didn't bring their A games. That seems too unlikely though, Geelong must be the reason. But then I think again, why didn't Brisbane spread to cover Geelong's loose players on the fat side, even in the first quarter after two weeks rest? Half the time Geelong could even pass through the centre square.

Bit of both?

He's paid to get results not have perspective. The guy was grinning and giggling with reporters after the most shattering loss of his coaching career. Players played with a similar level of investment tonight.

Even if I wasn't shattered I'd at least act as though I was distraught with my team's effort.

No fire in the belly at Brisbane.

His reaction after the game doesn’t jump in a time machine and impact the result

Also Fagan isn't an immature 20 year old so of course he isn't going to throw a tantrum in a post-match presser. Massive lol at the idea that he isn't hurting or angry about the result.
He has to shoulder some of the responsibility though. Dropping Coleman for Yoleman was a bad call and his ongoing selection of Daniel McStay this year has held back the development of some of our young tall forwards for absolutely no benefit. The chickens came home to roost tonight and while we were smashed by a far superior midfield on the night, the abject performance of McStay didn’t help. Fagan’s problem is that no matter how badly McStay plays, he gets selected the next week. In the last round of the year against Carlton, McStay had 5 Disposals at 20% Efficiency, took one mark and laid 3 tackles. The game was an absolute stinker. What does Fagan do? He gives him another chance against Richmond in the first final. That is a coaching failure. Against Richmond McStay has 3 Disposals at 66% , doesn’t lay a tackle, kicks his one and only goal of the finals series and is generally invisible. Fagan’s response, select him for the Preliminary Final. Tonight McStay probably played his worst game ever, which is saying something. For the record he had 3 disposals at 0% Efficiency, kicked one behind, took two marks and had two tackles. This is my one and only criticism of Fagan, he lacks imagination and is captive to the idea that if he sticks with McStay he will magically come good one day and he will be vindicated. It a flawed approach and Fagan’s biggest coaching failure. Brisbane effectively went in tonight a man down. Add Stef Martins game, 6 Disposals at 0% Efficiency and countless turnovers, and you could say were two players down tonight.

Last edited:
Congratulations Geelong , Was a dominant performance for the 2nd week in a row and the players look like they are really focussed and determined to make 2020 the year of the cat. Hoping its a great Grand Final with tigers winning but am not s confident as i was last year.

I like the Lions and would have been a fairytale story for them to make the GF and win but i would have been more confident against them than the Cats who have experience and big weapons as well as matchup well against Richmond. But i feel for all the cocky lions supporters on BF must be just so hard watching your team produce such an impotent performance when they needed to make it count . maybe next year

He has to shoulder some of the responsibility though. Dropping Coleman for Yoleman was a bad call and his ongoing selection of Daniel McStay this year has held back the development of some of our young tall forwards for absolutely no benefit. The chickens came home to roost tonight and while we were smashed by a far superior midfield on the night, the abject performance of McStay didn’t help. Fagan’s problem is that no matter how badly McStay plays, he gets selected the next week. In the last round of the year against Carlton, McStay had 5 Disposals at 20% Efficiency, took one mark and laid 3 tackles. The game was an absolute stinker. What does Fagan do? He gives him another chance against Richmond in the first final. That is a coaching failure. Against Richmond McStay has 3 Disposals at 66% , doesn’t lay a tackle, kicks his one and only goal of the finals series and is generally invisible. Fagan’s response, select him for the Preliminary Final. Tonight McStay probably played his worst game ever, which is saying something. For the record he had 3 disposals at 0% Efficiency, kicked one behind, took two marks and had two tackles. This is my one and only criticism of Fagan, he lacks imagination and is captive to the idea that if he sticks with McStay he will magically come good one day and he will be vindicated. It a flawed approach and Fagan’s biggest coaching failure. Brisbane effectively went in tonight a man down. Add Stef Martins game, 6 Disposals at 0% Efficiency and countless turnovers, and you could say were two players down tonight.

5S4RfCR.png

Back