Autopsy AFL 2020 Second Semi Final - Tigers v Saints Fri October 9th 7:50pm AEDT/6:50 AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 43 26.5%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 29 17.9%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 64 39.5%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
73550C93-D987-483A-960B-C5F5ACF0EC02.png

2020 TOYOTA AFL PREMIERSHIP
SECOND SEMI FINAL • RICHMOND V ST KILDA
FRIDAY OCTOBER 9TH 7:50PM AEDT/6:50PM AEST (METRICON)

LAST TIME THEY MET ROUND 4
ST KILDA 15.3.93
RICHMOND 10.7.67

JOIN THE BIGFOOTY FINALS TIPPING COMPETITION!

Finals Tipping on BigFooty's own system.
Tip the AFL Finals now

Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won.

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

FINALS TEAMS

TIGERS

B: D.Astbury, D.Grimes, N.Balta
HB: L.Baker, N.Vlastuin, B.Houli
C: K.McIntosh, J.Graham, M.Pickett
HF: S.Bolton, J.Castagna, D.Martin
F: T.Lynch, J.Riewoldt, D.Rioli
FOLL: T.Nankervis, S.Edwards, T.Cotchin

I/C: D.Prestia, J.Short, K.Lambert, N.Broad
EMG: O.Markov, J.Caddy, M.Chol, J.Aarts

IN: T.Lynch, N.Broad
OUT: J.Aarts, M.Chol (both omitted)

SAINTS

B: J.Marsh, D.Howard, B.Paton
HB: N.Coffield, C.Wilkie, J.Geary
C: B.Hill, S.Ross, J.Billings
HF: D.Butler, T.Membrey, J.Sinclair
F: D.Kent, M.King, J.Battle
FOLL: R.Marshall, Z.Jones, J.Steele

I/C: S.Savage, H.Clark, D.Hannebery, J.Lonie
EMG: R.Abbott, D.Roberton, N.Hind, J.Webster

IN: J.Marsh, J.Battle, S.Savage
OUT: B.Long (suspended), J.Carlisle (family reasons), P.Ryder (injured)

BYES - BRISBANE PORT ADELAIDE

Join Michaels and the Bigfooty Tigercast Crew as they discuss the HUGE Semi Final game!

**episode contains language, if easily offended, don't listen**

GET YOUR FREE DIGITAL AFL FINALS RECORD HERE

RICHMOND 12.8.80
ST KILDA 6.13.49

Last edited:

Coolangatta

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2007
Western Australia
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Smart move for Richmond to pick Metricon. 100% record there. Saints are 2-1 there, so it's hard to get a gauge, but I doubt it'll matter much. If the Saints bring the heat, they're a chance. They haven't been as consistent as the Tigers, though, so I expect them to bow out.

Carlisle having a kid hurts, think of his partner !!!.

Also brings in the "let's do it for Carlisle" factor.

No game is an easy game especially this year.

Taking nothing for granted.

Umpires love the fairy tale also and will subconsciously ride it,human nature.

So our team better be prepared for everything.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Nervous about this one being a knockout final now. Ryder and Marshall was a huge fear without Soldo, now at least it's just Marshall. He will still beat Nankervis, but it shouldn't be as damaging as if they were both in tandem.

The Saints have beaten us in 2017 and 2020 home and away, so they actually represent a bit of a bogey side in our successful years, not the most comfortable opponent to play against.

History shows the top 4 loser always gets underrated and yet often wins the week after so that suggests there's cause for optimism, but there's something about the Saints this year that I think we will find tricky. Ironically I was more confident against the Lions than I am this week, maybe that's just because last week wasn't a knockout game so it was less worrisome.

HG Pennypacker

Team Captain
Sep 15, 2011
London
AFL Club
Adelaide
Lynch back will be a huge boost (obviously). The Richmond forward line looked a bit impotent at times the other night.

I would have given the saints a chance but no Ryder and potentially Carlisle really hurts.

I think tigers by 3 or 4 goals

RichLeMonde

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2019
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Celtics

Has Carlisle decided he’s definitely unavailable?

It’s a shame Ryder got hurt - very sad seeing him the bench, poor bugger. He would have really stretched Richmond
When teams lose players ,teams know they have to try harder so this actually gives them more reason to go for it.

Not taking anything for granted,we had the game in grasp on Friday but just could not put them away on the scoreboard then they got a sniff,Umpires started throwing around 50s galore and that was that.

Have to be fully prepared for this.

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Reckon we would have been right in this with Ryder (who was BOG yesterday, and has been huge for us several times this year when teams were getting on top of us and we needed someone to stand up and lead), and if they get Lynch back and we also lose Carlisle, that's also likely to really hurt.

He's struggled in recent weeks after a good start to the year, but was back to his best yesterday and would be ideal for Lynch.

Then we probably lose Long as well and that's not great when he would be the perfect matchup for one of their small quick forwards.

If we win this, with all of them and Gresham (who's kicked 5+ goals twice against Richmond in recent years) missing, it will be some win.

Have to just go out there with a nothing-to-lose, balls-to-the-wall type attitude/mindset.

Murraj1966

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
We've already gone beyond where people expected us to be, which has seemed to be our issue this year; Winning what we should vs what we shouldn't and getting the results mixed up.

Disappointing to lose Carlisle and Ryder but hopefully Battle can get up to make it a bit easier and maybe an extra mid.

Lot of people saying Tigers by a lot, and I hope the Richmond boys are dismissing us the same way.

I’d say more likely, the “let’s do it for Paddy factor.”
Even more likely they’ll do it for the members and themselves.

We’ll be confident because we did win the home and away game, but that was ages ago and I think ultimately our outs ( possibly Battle not back either) and your experience should get you the win. One thing I know, based on the last two games, they are going to be up for it and we’ll not die wondering.

Hope it’s fast, exciting and close though.

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
Lynch in Chol out makes a huge difference. Ryder out also helps. Saints have been great this year and I love what they’ve done but the fairytale ends this Friday.

Yes, Lynch in is a plus.

Riewoldt needs a gee up (cattle prod), his effort was very insipid. With Lynch back, he’ll probably kick 5 big ones.

It’s good to see the Saints get their mojo back this season, but I think the Tigers will do them by 25 + points.

Back