Autopsy AFL 2020 Second Semi Final - Tigers v Saints Fri October 9th 7:50pm AEDT/6:50 AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 43 26.5%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 29 17.9%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 64 39.5%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Murraj1966

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Richmond had the accuracy when it counted, and it ended up being the difference. Brisbane experienced similar last year and hopefully we can learn from it like they did.

I will say one thing, what Tom Lynch did and Trent Cotchin did is no worse than Ben Long but we'll now experience the 'Big Club Bias' in play here. You tell me that Jones head getting dragged down like that could not "potentially cause injury" to his neck any worse than the "whiplash" to McLean.

Great season and nice to get out of the bog, wasn't liking being so close to Essendon in the "last won a final" game.

pablo668

Premiership Player
May 3, 2007
Claremont
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
Well, the Saints are big improvers I think, Ratten a far better coach than I thought (mea culpa) Richmond looking very strong.
Saints did kick themselves out of that a bit too.

TBH can't pick next week, should be an interesting game though.

Rich01

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Great game saints.
Superb year.
Inspired coaching performance.
Cotchin deserves a week off for the "potential to cause injury" on Jones and Lynch deserves a week off because that knee on Howard was another campaigner act from the bloke and he has gotten away with too many this year
great season from your team bud. Don’t be too disheartened

Richmond had the accuracy when it counted, and it ended up being the difference. Brisbane experienced similar last year and hopefully we can learn from it like they did.

I will say one thing, what Tom Lynch did and Trent Cotchin did is no worse than Ben Long but we'll now experience the 'Big Club Bias' in play here. You tell me that Jones head getting dragged down like that could not "potentially cause injury" to his neck any worse than the "whiplash" to McLean.

Great season and nice to get out of the bog, wasn't liking being so close to Essendon in the "last won a final" game.

Both should be given a week, but as you flagged and as we both already know, they will be receiving fines and be free to play.

Last edited:

CaptainHowdy87

Premiership Player
Jul 14, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Saints had some moments in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, but this game was played on Richmond's terms, and they barely got out of 3rd gear. Solid win. Nankervis, Edwards, Bolton, Grimes, Baker and Lynch were brilliant.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Think that just speaks volumes of the Richmond football club, put anyone in our system and they can be successful. Whereas Carlton can have multiple top 10 draft picks year after year and they are still Carlton.
No argument from me. Let's hope it doesn't take 30 years like the tigers...,although we're almost there

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Dr Awkward

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 23, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
Good season from the Saints, some exciting players there. I don't think we saw the best of them tonight. Don't think we played well either but happy with no injuries and another crack at a prelim.

takethepowerback

Senior List
Apr 19, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
West ham
If we are digging back 12 months, why not dig back to our last finals encounter, that panned out well.

Haha..more just pointing out that it doesn't depend on one game. i.e. lynch's form over 12-18 months.

Looking at one game, might be problematic. So back to my original point - glad you aren't match committee

Anyway should be a good game!

Wavvey

All Australian
Apr 4, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Portland Trailblazers
Congrats on your great season Saints. Always tough to lose, but I'm sure all fans would be proud.

Not looking forward to next week, will take a mighty effort from the Tiges to knock off Port

Vassp

Premiership Player
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
I would kill to have the same umpiring applied to Geelong that the Tigers get.

Player marks the ball, no play on called, tackled to the ground and... nothing.
he ran over the mark and and kept going, the correct call should've been play on or holding the ball.

Apart from the the supreme awefuleness of Josh Bruce, there hasn't been a worse high profile recruit than Brad Hill this year. Been so disappointing all season and especially so tonight - looked like he wasn't keen on body contact on a few occasions.

On SM-A908B using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is a confounding comment. Brad Hill wasn't recruited for his body on body talents... he is an outside runner who has a laser-accurate kick, he provides that in spades. I thought he has been fairly decent for the Saints.

Back