Autopsy AFL 2020 Second Semi Final - Tigers v Saints Fri October 9th 7:50pm AEDT/6:50 AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 43 26.5%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 29 17.9%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 64 39.5%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Benny Gale addressed the Richmond rooms on Cotch's record breaking achievement after the game.

When the Ch. 7 commentary team, who hadn't said peep about it, asked why Benny was in the rooms and were told about Cotch's achievement they changed the subject.

Can't believe he got zero recognition for it.

Still, he's enormously respected within his own club's four walls and that's about the highest honour any player can achieve.
Any other team and the commentators would be gushing,not our Cotch.

Thought the umpiring was fairly balanced. Saints fans claiming we were kissed on the dick is laughable.

Broad and baltas deliberate out of bounds were shockers and cost 2 shots on goal. Edwards kick to Houli called not 15 but the one to saints later for another shot at goal. Steele doesn't get done holding the ball or incorrect disposal first but houli gets called for tripping, leads to a goal.
Why whinge about the unpiring straight after saying it was fair? FFS, so Richmondy.

Saints were always unlikely this week, too many outs and play too slow against the Tiges. But holy hell, Tiges couldnt miss a shot in the first half! Good season Saints. Definitely a pass mark.

I think if last weeks EF was 2 minutes longer or one of our misses had gone through and we'd won against saints wed have given the Tiges a much tougher outing last night. Meh. Thats football. Hopefully we recruit a ruckman so Timmeee can be Timmeee until hes a ruckman too. Makes me wonder what could have been if wed gotten Ryder rather than Bruce.......sigh

Were very close, changing of the guard very soon, Dogs, Port, Lions and maybe Saints will be the power sides for the next 6 years. Tiges might hold on for one more as well, Cats, Hawks, West Coast, Sydney, all gone now.

Err I didnt whinge? I said it was fairly balanced. Alot of saints fans saying they were hard done by, just providing some balance. Understand?
"Broad and baltas deliberate out of bounds were shockers and cost 2 shots on goal. Edwards kick to Houli called not 15 but the one to saints later for another shot at goal. Steele doesn't get done holding the ball or incorrect disposal first but houli gets called for tripping, leads to a goal. ". You. Straight after saying it was fair. My point.

Saints were always unlikely this week, too many outs and play too slow against the Tiges. But holy hell, Tiges couldnt miss a shot in the first half! Good season Saints. Definitely a pass mark.

I think if last weeks EF was 2 minutes longer or one of our misses had gone through and we'd won against saints wed have given the Tiges a much tougher outing last night. Meh. Thats football. Hopefully we recruit a ruckman so Timmeee can be Timmeee until hes a ruckman too. Makes me wonder what could have been if wed gotten Ryder rather than Bruce.......sigh

Were very close, changing of the guard very soon, Dogs, Port, Lions and maybe Saints will be the power sides for the next 6 years. Tiges might hold on for one more as well, Cats, Hawks, West Coast, Sydney, all gone now.
1 more you reckon? I think we're pretty well positioned to stay up near the top for a fair while yet.

"Broad and baltas deliberate out of bounds were shockers and cost 2 shots on goal. Edwards kick to Houli called not 15 but the one to saints later for another shot at goal. Steele doesn't get done holding the ball or incorrect disposal first but houli gets called for tripping, leads to a goal. ". You. Straight after saying it was fair. My point.
I think you've confused whinging with observations. Do you disagree with any of them? As I said, the umpiring was fine overall. Few poor ones either way.

Last edited:

Good assessment!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aww thanks, it must be hard admitting to yourself that Cotchin and Lynch are insults to the game of Aussie Rules Football.

A far cry from Bourke, Barteltt, Dyer, Richo and Hart
Must burn that Cotch alone has captained twice as many flags as your club has won 🤣🤣🤣

Benny Gale addressed the Richmond rooms on Cotch's record breaking achievement after the game.

When the Ch. 7 commentary team, who hadn't said peep about it, asked why Benny was in the rooms and were told about Cotch's achievement they changed the subject.

Can't believe he got zero recognition for it.

Still, he's enormously respected within his own club's four walls and that's about the highest honour any player can achieve.
Anyone who watches closely sees the impact he has on the team on the ground, a safe assumption his impact off the ground is similar. Cotchin's personal reincarnation was the realisation that what he thinks of his performance is more important than what others think and so commentatoes not mentioning his achievement would be irrellevant to him.

Yeah Ryder out was massive, for multiple reasons.

Going into the game they said we were 2nd for either scores from stoppages, or scores from centre bounces, while Richmond were one of the worst in the comp at it, yet as you said, with him gone we lose scores from stoppages an extraordinary 52 to 9!

He gives our midfield an armchair ride in there and The result of him missing was there for all to see.

Then there's the fact it also robbed our forwardline of Marshall, who gives us another big target up there and makes it harder for teams to double-team King.

Having to have Jono Marsh do the backup rucking instead of Marshall was also disastrous.

Having that Ryder-Marshall ruck/forward combo was arguably our main point-of-difference as a team, and of course Ryder was BOG last week.
It’s ok we were missing our number 1 ruck as well and have been for a few weeks now. You just need to adapt and right now the saints aren’t quite ready. Don’t worry we went 3 years in a row getting bundled out first week so you should feel happy you got a win first up.

Anyone who watches closely sees the impact he has on the team on the ground, a safe assumption his impact off the ground is similar. Cotchin's personal reincarnation was the realisation that what he thinks of his performance is more important than what others think and so commentatoes not mentioning his achievement would be irrellevant to him.
I posted on our board how different we play when he’s out there. Even when he only touches it 14-15 times the rest of the team walk taller.

Ben Long would have learnt something maybe. Was a great bump although probably should have tackled him
like Grimes did to Marsh in the goalsquare without the ball?

So what do people think about the Astbury as back up ruck option, with Broad back in as cover? Bit of chatter this week about whether Balta would ruck a bit. I actually think the backline and Balta in particular have not been as cohesive since Astbury came back. Not his fault - just haven’t played as a unit together much. So maybe Astbury is the best option, since Balta has had such a great year at FB. Personally I prefer what they went for, with Broad in, rather than Chol

Will next week be Reiwoldt and Cotchin's last game? Time for a Tiger rebuild?
It’s an interesting question. We perhaps have one more year with this current group. What’s an achievement to jag at least two flags.

What last night has shown is that the Saints are on the right track. Great coach, solid list and intent to bring in more talent.

No need to deflect, mate. You'll be up there again one day.
I responded to a comment I found a tad ridicules & trolling. You suggested a rebuild off the basis of two players who these days don't really contribute much anyway. It's more their on field leadership out there which helps.

Last edited:
Back