Autopsy AFL 2021 2nd Preliminary Final - Port v Dogs Sat September 11th 7:40pm EST / 7:10pm CST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 20 11.0%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 60 33.0%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 44 24.2%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 42 23.1%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Dogs fans how big a gamble is Martin coming in?
Seems to be a long time out for an old fella Bevo must be confident he’ll go most of the way?

Seems to be a long time out for an old fella Bevo must be confident he’ll go most of the way?
He's been "fit" for a couple weeks, but I reckon this is ultimately a gamble we're having to take to try make up for Keath. I genuinely would be more confident in this game with Bont out than Keath out. He's arguably our most important player. Martin in is potentially a huge gain, is risky, but if we didn't do it I just can't see how we would've had a chance

He's played like three practice games and been in full training for a while, Bevo has been talking his chances down. He's either ready to tear it up or it's a super hopeful move after losing Keath.

Well shi** just got super interesting didn’t it lol. Looking forward to Saturday. Hating this waiting game.

Hoping a competent ruck shall result in less need for defenders. We did beat Melbourne earlier in the year with Cordy as our sole defender (Technically Keath played but got injured within a few minutes).

Such a weird season. 6-7 weeks ago I felt like making a prelim was a bare minimum but since the dip in form and the injuries I've considered it a success.

Keith is a huge out. Hopefully Dixon take advantage of this and has a blinder. Had a number of quiet weeks on the scoreboard. While he has still been critical to our fwd structure, it would be great for his confidence to kick a bag.

Do you reckon we are going to hear about how many injuries the WB have at all Saturday? They beat a side with half its forwardline missing plus were down a player on the bench and the media + BF have spent the week shitting on Brisbane for choking. Everyone was happy to sink the boot in when we had 4-6 best 22 missing plus people playing injured (we had to send Hartlett into our forwardline because he could barely walk against Carlton+ Rozee/Houston have been injured for half the year + SPP has been gassed). At the end of the day if their midfield is as good as they have been telling us all year, they will give their forwards some looks and pressure our entries. I'm a bit over the re-writing of history of how we choked last year, even though we were never the favourite, not once. People were writing us off this year, telling us we hadn't beaten any top 8 sides. Then it was we hadn't beaten any top 4. Then when we beat top 4, they were out of form. Then we belted Geelong a week after they dropped a game (and the minor premiership) to the now favorites by a point. At no stage have I heard over the past week, 'I reckon Port are going to win because they are on the highest winning streak of any club' or 'if Port play as well as they did against Geelong they're a fair shake against anyone'. All we have heard about is about how we are at an advantage because of the home ground (we beat WB away last time) and because of injury clouds (Mitch Georgiades is injured, Fantasia clearly managing his knee). Ultimately we have had good luck with injury over the past few years due to a huge focus on our fitness staff. The fact that we had alot of bad luck with knees, ankles, and other impact injuiries this year hasn't effected us as much as other sides because we have built a list with depth all over the ground. Martin is 34 and played 8 games last year, that's why Brisbane were happy to let him go. It's not even a real injury, he was a hail mary stopgap. It's consistent with WB's list management post flag, they've tried to grab other club's handoffs with Cloak, Scahache, Trengove, Bruce, Martin instead of investing in their own. No one gave us a pass when Schulz hardly played a game post 30 or when Ryder was out for a year. They just said it was s**t list management to not have backups. The WB get the same salary cap as everyone else. The lack of depth in the KPPs is the reason they can fit 197 good midfielders into their cap.

I'm a bit bored of hearing rubbish like we should commit ritual suicide if we lose and if we win, it doesn't matter anyway.

So Martin is in. So why the big defensive rant this morning from Bevo after the suggestion Martin might play?

Do you reckon we are going to hear about how many injuries the WB have at all Saturday? They beat a side with half its forwardline missing plus were down a player on the bench and the media + BF have spent the week shitting on Brisbane for choking. Everyone was happy to sink the boot in when we had 4-6 best 22 missing plus people playing injured (we had to send Hartlett into our forwardline because he could barely walk against Carlton+ Rozee/Houston have been injured for half the year + SPP has been gassed). At the end of the day if their midfield is as good as they have been telling us all year, they will give their forwards some looks and pressure our entries. I'm a bit over the re-writing of history of how we choked last year, even though we were never the favourite, not once. People were writing us off this year, telling us we hadn't beaten any top 8 sides. Then it was we hadn't beaten any top 4. Then when we beat top 4, they were out of form. Then we belted Geelong a week after they dropped a game (and the minor premiership) to the now favorites by a point. At no stage have I heard over the past week, 'I reckon Port are going to win because they are on the highest winning streak of any club' or 'if Port play as well as they did against Geelong they're a fair shake against anyone'. All we have heard about is about how we are at an advantage because of the home ground (we beat WB away last time) and because of injury clouds (Mitch Georgiades is injured, Fantasia clearly managing his knee). Ultimately we have had good luck with injury over the past few years due to a huge focus on our fitness staff. The fact that we had alot of bad luck with knees, ankles, and other impact injuiries this year hasn't effected us as much as other sides because we have built a list with depth all over the ground. Martin is 34 and played 8 games last year, that's why Brisbane were happy to let him go. It's not even a real injury, he was a hail mary stopgap. It's consistent with WB's list management post flag, they've tried to grab other club's handoffs with Cloak, Scahache, Trengove, Bruce, Martin instead of investing in their own. No one gave us a pass when Schulz hardly played a game post 30 or when Ryder was out for a year. They just said it was sh*t list management to not have backups. The WB get the same salary cap as everyone else. The lack of depth in the KPPs is the reason they can fit 197 good midfielders into their cap.

I'm a bit bored of hearing rubbish like we should commit ritual suicide if we lose and if we win, it doesn't matter anyway.
Are you okay? Serious question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you reckon we are going to hear about how many injuries the WB have at all Saturday? They beat a side with half its forwardline missing plus were down a player on the bench and the media + BF have spent the week shitting on Brisbane for choking. Everyone was happy to sink the boot in when we had 4-6 best 22 missing plus people playing injured (we had to send Hartlett into our forwardline because he could barely walk against Carlton+ Rozee/Houston have been injured for half the year + SPP has been gassed). At the end of the day if their midfield is as good as they have been telling us all year, they will give their forwards some looks and pressure our entries. I'm a bit over the re-writing of history of how we choked last year, even though we were never the favourite, not once. People were writing us off this year, telling us we hadn't beaten any top 8 sides. Then it was we hadn't beaten any top 4. Then when we beat top 4, they were out of form. Then we belted Geelong a week after they dropped a game (and the minor premiership) to the now favorites by a point. At no stage have I heard over the past week, 'I reckon Port are going to win because they are on the highest winning streak of any club' or 'if Port play as well as they did against Geelong they're a fair shake against anyone'. All we have heard about is about how we are at an advantage because of the home ground (we beat WB away last time) and because of injury clouds (Mitch Georgiades is injured, Fantasia clearly managing his knee). Ultimately we have had good luck with injury over the past few years due to a huge focus on our fitness staff. The fact that we had alot of bad luck with knees, ankles, and other impact injuiries this year hasn't effected us as much as other sides because we have built a list with depth all over the ground. Martin is 34 and played 8 games last year, that's why Brisbane were happy to let him go. It's not even a real injury, he was a hail mary stopgap. It's consistent with WB's list management post flag, they've tried to grab other club's handoffs with Cloak, Scahache, Trengove, Bruce, Martin instead of investing in their own. No one gave us a pass when Schulz hardly played a game post 30 or when Ryder was out for a year. They just said it was sh*t list management to not have backups. The WB get the same salary cap as everyone else. The lack of depth in the KPPs is the reason they can fit 197 good midfielders into their cap.

Tell me more about Cloak and especially this Scahache bloke. Any good?
Bruce a hand off? We don’t develop our own?

I wonder if we risk him if Keath was fit.
Maybe so but could have handled the question better. It's not the first time he has got all defensive at the media only for the assumption to be correct. Not sure what he achieves acting like that when there are better ways to play things down.

Again, all reasons why you should win. Scared

If both Keith and Bont play but are only 75% fit or less then that’s a huge gamble too take two under done players into a prelim (understand why though when it’s those two).

Then if they pull the plug on Young and back in Martin without a match in 3 months, that’s 3 underdone players already.

If Port didn’t win with those 3 not at regular fitness, off the break, at home with a full team to pick from, that will be a massive choke.

Biggest choke since Jason Dunstall put Hawthorn in the shade 45 points up at the Gabba!!!!

Back