Autopsy AFL 2021 2nd Preliminary Final - Port v Dogs Sat September 11th 7:40pm EST / 7:10pm CST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 20 11.0%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 60 33.0%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 44 24.2%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 42 23.1%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for the rationale response.

Vic teams play between 3 - 17 games yes, WB at the lower end. But get the opportunity to train on the ground all the time.
If the Bulldogs play a game on Saturday there for example, they have a training run on the Thursday. And don't have to travel 700-4000 kms to have it.
This is incorrect. The Bulldogs generally only play 2 H&A games per year at the MCG, exactly the same as Port. It's the reason why many were so annoyed in 2015 when we played a home final there. There's also no training on the MCG or Marvel for Vic clubs as far as I'm aware. The Thursday session is done at Whitten Oval for the Bulldogs.

The SA government not allowing the Dogs to have a training session anywhere prior to the game is ridiculous decision (not by the AFL) and a disadvantage, but that's covid. Didn't make a big difference in Brisbane from the looks of it.

No one gives a fu** how he responded in the past...its how he will respond to heavy treatment this week that matters.

Its pretty easy to see the dogs will win via umps this weekend.
Port won the free count convincingly in round 23.

We play generally 3 games a season at the MCG. I dare say most interstate clubs would do the same. There would be a few exceptions obviously.

In any case. I don't think this view of "Bulldogs can go jump" is the right mindset at all. All teams should have the opportunity to train at a ground they are playing at. The fact that it frustrates you that Port don't get the opportunity suggests a change needs to be made. A change I agree with.
That it needs to be changed, of course it does. For everyone.
What frustrates me is that it's only NOW an issue that makes a headline. It's the only way that change seems to happen, when those with the advantages (yes I'm lumping all Vic teams together as one general bloc) are disadvantaged at some stage.

And I can assure you, my mindset matter not one iota to any solution.:)

A reasonable enough post, but the reality is prevailing opinion defines history. Which umpire made which decision, whose knee was stuffed, all these things will be forgotten. All that will be left is the result and the footage and people will see it's Optus and remember it as one of the 'Covid Years'. If anyone looks further into it, they will read the newspaper archives that Port (hopefully) beat a undermanned Bulldogs outfit and then went on to beat Melbourne at a neutral venue. We know that will be the discussion, because it's been rubbed in our faces for 2 full seasons. Even Hinkley is clearly getting sick of it and he's a suck up. By his standards he had a decent crack at reporters trying that line where they ask 'what do you think about x coach of y club whinging about Adelaide's restrictions'.
I think at the end of the day mate, the point I was trying to make is that you enjoy it how you want to enjoy it. It's not as if it's fantasy land to suggest the winner of this years premiership will deserve it. Excuses as to why you won it are just that, excuses. I put on the 2016 grand final once a year and I genuinely do not think once about what other people think about that premiership. I relive the moment I knew we won and I enjoy it. That's what sport is.

Good luck tomorrow night. I'm not buying into any conspiracies. We are one of the four best teams in the comp this year as you are. There are 14 other clubs that wish they were us and there will ultimately be 17 other clubs that wish they won the flag, regardless of what the circumstances were.

Am I missing something?

Yes, interstate clubs should get to train on the MCG before games there. But isn't this a little different, unless I am mistaken we can't train anywhere in the whole state before the game, not just the Adelaide Oval?

That’s absolutely pathetic if they are not allowing the Dogs to train on the oval before a final.

Don’t see how they can hide it under the excuse of COVID. If they can come into the state they can train on the oval.

Of course I’ll take any extra Benefit before the match no matter how small but I’d be livid if Port weren’t able to train on the oval after travelling from Bris to WA to SA to play.

That’s absolutely pathetic if they are not allowing the Dogs to train on the oval before a final.

Don’t see how they can hide it under the excuse of COVID. If they can come into the state they can train on the oval.

Of course I’ll take any extra Benefit before the match no matter how small but I’d be livid if Port weren’t able to train on the oval after travelling from Bris to WA to SA to play.

From Victoria I can understand.. but we’ve spent the week in Perth for this reason haha.

From Victoria I can understand.. but we’ve spent the week in Perth for this reason haha.

Even if you’d come from Vic I think it’s over the top. The clubs essentially still in isolation while training on the AO. No interaction with the public or public facilities, outdoors and spread out across what a 4-500 square metre space or however big it is?

Even if you’d come from Vic I think it’s over the top. The clubs essentially still in isolation while training on the AO. No interaction with the public or public facilities, outdoors and spread out across what a 4-500 square metre space or however big it is?

Hmm I can only assume it’s because we were out in the public in Perth. But Jesus.. even if port were denied access to Melbourne to train the day before, I’d even admit it was a joke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice old melty melt.
Am I missing something?

Yes, interstate clubs should get to train on the MCG before games there. But isn't this a little different, unless I am mistaken we can't train anywhere in the whole state before the game, not just the Adelaide Oval?

Evidently it was why we played our home game against Collingwood at Docklands late in the year as we weren't going to be able to train.

No Captains run allowed for the Dogs at Adelaide Oval today?

Is the SA Health Minister a Port supporter?

Cannot fathom a reason for this that makes sense and doesnt sound paranoid.

Thoughts?
I'm sure they have their reasons. :)

The problem is the politicians have staked their careers on the decision. They have been blocking everyone else and giving the AFL consideration that normal people wouldn't receive. Someone in Andrew's cabinet, or the health department makes a decision with 24 hours notice, it goes bad, all of a sudden the health minister's career is in tatters. At the end of the day, it's not the SA government's job to make sure WB have a fair shake at a football match. I have an immuno compromised mother in Adelaide, a diabetic father, a heavily pregnant sister in law in Pyrmont, and live in Qld myself. Is it dumb and overkill? sure. Was it dumb forcing Port to travel to a city with Covid rapidly escalating because the Adelaide restrictions were too hard? Probably. All I know is if the shoe was on the other foot, people would be more worried about their own than someone else's football team and if something happened to my soon to be nephew because of Glady's abject stupidity, i'd want to mount heads on pikes.

We're going to have to pray for rain. I doubt there's a forwardline in the competition who would be too concerned about a Gardner/Cordy KPD combo and Wood/Williams will probably play on the next tallest.
Schache is, weirdly, a better player in wet conditions than he is in dry conditions. Martin is obviously nowhere near peak fitness too so I suspect English will take more of the ruck duties than we would have otherwise liked.

Back