Autopsy AFL 2021 2nd Preliminary Final - Port v Dogs Sat September 11th 7:40pm EST / 7:10pm CST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 20 11.0%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 60 33.0%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 44 24.2%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 42 23.1%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

emilybrown

Debutant
Dec 10, 2008
deerpark
AFL Club
Melbourne
I am saying, the AFL made it uneccessarily hard for the Bulldogs, to shore up your potential fairytale premiership.
But how? You would have played Essendon at home first week you win and You play Brisbane at home just like you would have with out covid restrictions. You win you play at Adelaide just like you would have?
We finished first and didn’t get the luxury of playing all finals at the G.. where we would have liked. You finished outside the top 4.. so without covid you play at home, Brisbane, Adelaide and back to Melbourne. Not like the AFL controls covid. Your post just doesn’t make sense. I honestly think it gives you guys the mental edge. Now you get a break. The travelling is done. Both teams will be fresh.. there’s no excuses, who ever loses just lost to a better team on the day. Both deserve to be there

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Come on. If the Dees win the flag it’ll be richly deserved for a team that has been the best team all year. If the dogs win it’ll be equally deserved due to how they’ve won it from outside the four and with all the travel etc.

The two best teams of the year are in the GF. Let’s try and celebrate that rather than the shitfights.

emilybrown

Debutant
Dec 10, 2008
deerpark
AFL Club
Melbourne
Come on. If the Dees win the flag it’ll be richly deserved for a team that has been the best team all year. If the dogs win it’ll be equally deserved due to how they’ve won it from outside the four and with all the travel etc.

The two best teams of the year are in the GF. Let’s try and celebrate that rather than the shitfights.
This!
Both teams have been given their cards and have no say with anything. The only thing Melbourne had a say in was where they play their two finals as obviously we had no home. Besides that both team deserve to win it. I would love to win but at the same time I love the doggies and will be happy for them also

RAPPA

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 20, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Clinical performance by the Dogs. Aside from a $hit last few weeks in the H&A season, they were a top 2 team so the GF matchup is a deserved one.

Bazlenka Martin continuing the rich vein of finals form.

Port just didn’t show up. Too fumbly and just rubbish all round. Didn’t bode well from the start when Hinkley had Drew on the bench instead of blanketing Libba who had about 5 touches in about 5 mins.

ThePhreshOne

Premiership Player
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Hope our players expose you as the soft front runners you are when you arent being gifted goals from umpires

Can you name a final youve won in the past decade against the free kick count? (I wont wait I already know there isn't one)
Things that age worse than milk.

Iamspock

All Australian
Jun 17, 2007
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We finished first so we got to pick Adelaide.
Port came second and obviously played in Adelaide they were never having three games at that oval..
they were never having the first two weeks of finals in Perth so it was either in Adelaide or Brisbane depending if we won or lions won.. you had to play as the away team against the lions and port who could have a game in their state.. Melbourne couldn’t play home games at the G. so I’m unsure how we are theirs pets tucked away in Perth 😅 isn’t the whole not being able to train a government thing and not an AFL thing? I feel like you’re trying to make an excuse incase we win and that it was given to us. Both teams get a break it’s literally dead even now
We were also told we could pick where we played, we chose Adelaide... and then got sent to Launceston....

Alpine Lodger

Debutant
Aug 12, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Supersonics
The Dogs midfield is big and physical, if the Dogs lose it won't be because of that
I actually went to the Dogs, Swans game at Marvel this year. And saw first hand how the Swans went to work physically on the Bulldogs midfielders, swarming them at every ball up. Bulldogs midfielders were overwhelmed at every contest with no time or space. Swans beat them around the ball effectively taking away their One wood and ended up winning comfortably.

But only 3 sides really can trouble the Dogs imo. Richmond and Sydney. Teams with great defensive systems, 2 way running and who can execute under extreme heat.

The third is Melbourne but only if we bring the heat and dont unravel in front of goal like the last contest in R19. Still hard to get a gauge on who wins this one.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CarnTheScray

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I actually went to the Dogs, Swans game at Marvel this year. And saw first hand how the Swans went to work physically on the Bulldogs midfielders, swarming them at every ball up. Bulldogs midfielders were overwhelmed at every contest with no time or space. Swans beat them around the ball effectively taking away their One wood and ended up winning comfortably.

But only 3 sides really can trouble the Dogs imo. Richmond and Sydney. Teams with great defensive systems, 2 way running and who can execute under extreme heat.

The third is Melbourne but only if we bring the heat and dont unravel in front of goal like the last contest in R19. Still hard to get a gauge on who wins this one.
And that game vs Sydney was probably our worst for the year imo. Could not have played any worse yet only lost by 19 points.

Alpine Lodger

Debutant
Aug 12, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Supersonics
And that game vs Sydney was probably our worst for the year imo. Could not have played any worse yet only lost by 19 points.
Yes I went there as a neutral, expecting match of the round. But came away disappointed. Fair to say Bailey Smith has improved since then.

bullruckle81

Senior List
Mar 24, 2008
Japan
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
…Both teams will be fresh.. there’s no excuses, who ever loses just lost to a better team on the day….
Unless the free kick count is in the plus for the team you don’t support. In which case it’s not cause your team weren’t up to it on the day, it’s because those damn umpires gifted the other team the win!!

That’s how you do it right certain swans fans?

Last edited:

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Unless the free kick count is in the plus for the team you don’t support. In which case it’s not cause your team weren’t up to it on the day, it’s because those damn umpires gifted the other team the win!!

That’s how you do it right?
Lost the free kick count by 6 last night, win by 71 points. Melbourne only got three more frees than Geelong and gave them an even bigger smashing.

Hopefully the free kick narrative dies with those stats, but obviously it won’t.

If the dogs lose to Melbourne it’ll be because they were the better team. End of. Hopefully there are similarly minded dees fans if it turns out the other way.

emilybrown

Debutant
Dec 10, 2008
deerpark
AFL Club
Melbourne
Haha

That’s how you do it right certain swans fans?
Haha to be fair when we lost to the dogs it was 25 to 11 frees
When we won it was 16-15 still your way 🤷🏽‍♀️Ill take the second one please!!

Bungeye

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Terrible performance! I watch sports all around the world and the AFL continually under delivers in big matches. Something needs to be done!

Gysberts2Bate

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Most important part of the second Dees v Dogs matchup is us hopefully learning to not put ourself in a position to give away soft free kicks. Repeatedly robbed ourselves of momentum, especially in the last quarter. Playing with the discipline we showed in R11 will go a long way towards us winning the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad