Autopsy AFL 2021 2nd Preliminary Final - Port v Dogs Sat September 11th 7:40pm EST / 7:10pm CST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 20 11.0%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 60 33.0%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 44 24.2%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 42 23.1%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne need to capitilse on his ruck work, and score goals from stoppages to give them the slight advantage on the scoreboard, as i can't see this game being a blow out, it will be under 30 points to the winner i'm 100 % sure.
Both deep midfields, with the dogs have the deeper of the two, indicates it is going to be a tight contested tussle.

Who have Dogs beaten?

1. Dons (overachieving rebuild side full of kids)
  2. Injured, no forward hobbling Brissy by 1 point.
  3. Played 1 great half against a side in Port who were generally poor against sides above them throughout the year.
Ordinary when you actually pick it apart.

Melbourne will be a big reality check.
Who have Melbourne beaten?

1. A Brisbane team that plays ordinary outside the Gabba.
2. A cooked Geelong that didn’t even put in effort after the first quarter and have been notorious prelim chokers.

Ordinary when you actually pick it apart. (Ps Melbourne supporters I am obviously joking).

Would have been perfect if Bruce hadn't gone RIP

Also deserves to be at a packed G

A bit devvo about that
We've known it won't be a the G for weeks now so just the weird circumstances of the time and make the most of it.
I'm just happy it has a crowd this season and a full length match as last year's finals were like a Clayton's Final Series, the finals you have when not really finals... Least this season is a fair dinkum finals series. Looking forward to it in the circumstances. Shame long time suffering Demon fans cannot be there in person but it is what it is. Still fun to be had watching your team winning grand final live on tv.

Didn’t look at my phone for the whole game but let me guess how this thread played out.

Essendon and Sydney fans sooked about umpires until it became clear Port were just getting destroyed, so then they just started saying “oh well Melbourne are going to thrash you anyway.”

Love that we are in the heads of these supporters.
...so you're imagining what is in the heads of other people, and your imaginings prove that you are in their heads? :$

We would walk it out of defence and belt them by 15 goals if they did that. The reality is that we don't have any obvious deficiencies and bat pretty deep all over the ground. Assuming your idea was working for a while we would just send Marshall or Ladhams down which we have done (and they have done well) this year. We would pick a Georgiades or Clurey to reinforce either end. I'd back them in to have more impact then a completely cooked 34 year old, a guy who we don't know how badly he's injured (but clearly will be restricted and may get more sore as the game goes on) and their 3rd ruckman. If someone is going to be beat us, it will be the old fashioned way winning more positions across the ground, not by some parlor trick picking a bunch of spuds because they're tall.

Was that old fashioned enough for you?

That’s what happens when you finish first..
what a strange post

So you don’t think that Melbourne winning a premiership this year is the fairy tale the AFL want? Get used to it we got the whole gifted premiership from other supporters, mainly the Swan supporters.

The AFL could not have made it any harder for the Bulldogs, travel, quarantine, not allowed to train, not even allowed to order food for our players when the hotel ran out of sub-standard food. Regardless we are here.

So you don’t think that Melbourne winning a premiership this year is the fairy tale the AFL want? Get used to it we got the whole gifted premiership from other supporters, mainly the Swan supporters.

The AFL could not have made it any harder for the Bulldogs, travel, quarantine, not allowed to train, not even allowed to order food for our players when the hotel ran out of sub-standard food. Regardless we are here.
We finished first so we got to pick Adelaide.
Port came second and obviously played in Adelaide they were never having three games at that oval..
they were never having the first two weeks of finals in Perth so it was either in Adelaide or Brisbane depending if we won or lions won.. you had to play as the away team against the lions and port who could have a game in their state.. Melbourne couldn’t play home games at the G. so I’m unsure how we are theirs pets tucked away in Perth 😅 isn’t the whole not being able to train a government thing and not an AFL thing? I feel like you’re trying to make an excuse incase we win and that it was given to us. Both teams get a break it’s literally dead even now

I am saying, the AFL made it uneccessarily hard for the Bulldogs, to shore up your potential fairytale premiership.
But how? You would have played Essendon at home first week you win and You play Brisbane at home just like you would have with out covid restrictions. You win you play at Adelaide just like you would have?
We finished first and didn’t get the luxury of playing all finals at the G.. where we would have liked. You finished outside the top 4.. so without covid you play at home, Brisbane, Adelaide and back to Melbourne. Not like the AFL controls covid. Your post just doesn’t make sense. I honestly think it gives you guys the mental edge. Now you get a break. The travelling is done. Both teams will be fresh.. there’s no excuses, who ever loses just lost to a better team on the day. Both deserve to be there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on. If the Dees win the flag it’ll be richly deserved for a team that has been the best team all year. If the dogs win it’ll be equally deserved due to how they’ve won it from outside the four and with all the travel etc.

The two best teams of the year are in the GF. Let’s try and celebrate that rather than the shitfights.

Come on. If the Dees win the flag it’ll be richly deserved for a team that has been the best team all year. If the dogs win it’ll be equally deserved due to how they’ve won it from outside the four and with all the travel etc.

The two best teams of the year are in the GF. Let’s try and celebrate that rather than the shitfights.
This!
Both teams have been given their cards and have no say with anything. The only thing Melbourne had a say in was where they play their two finals as obviously we had no home. Besides that both team deserve to win it. I would love to win but at the same time I love the doggies and will be happy for them also

Clinical performance by the Dogs. Aside from a $hit last few weeks in the H&A season, they were a top 2 team so the GF matchup is a deserved one.

Bazlenka Martin continuing the rich vein of finals form.

Port just didn’t show up. Too fumbly and just rubbish all round. Didn’t bode well from the start when Hinkley had Drew on the bench instead of blanketing Libba who had about 5 touches in about 5 mins.

Hope our players expose you as the soft front runners you are when you arent being gifted goals from umpires

Can you name a final youve won in the past decade against the free kick count? (I wont wait I already know there isn't one)
Things that age worse than milk.

We finished first so we got to pick Adelaide.
Port came second and obviously played in Adelaide they were never having three games at that oval..
they were never having the first two weeks of finals in Perth so it was either in Adelaide or Brisbane depending if we won or lions won.. you had to play as the away team against the lions and port who could have a game in their state.. Melbourne couldn’t play home games at the G. so I’m unsure how we are theirs pets tucked away in Perth 😅 isn’t the whole not being able to train a government thing and not an AFL thing? I feel like you’re trying to make an excuse incase we win and that it was given to us. Both teams get a break it’s literally dead even now
We were also told we could pick where we played, we chose Adelaide... and then got sent to Launceston....

The Dogs midfield is big and physical, if the Dogs lose it won't be because of that
I actually went to the Dogs, Swans game at Marvel this year. And saw first hand how the Swans went to work physically on the Bulldogs midfielders, swarming them at every ball up. Bulldogs midfielders were overwhelmed at every contest with no time or space. Swans beat them around the ball effectively taking away their One wood and ended up winning comfortably.

But only 3 sides really can trouble the Dogs imo. Richmond and Sydney. Teams with great defensive systems, 2 way running and who can execute under extreme heat.

The third is Melbourne but only if we bring the heat and dont unravel in front of goal like the last contest in R19. Still hard to get a gauge on who wins this one.

Last edited:
I actually went to the Dogs, Swans game at Marvel this year. And saw first hand how the Swans went to work physically on the Bulldogs midfielders, swarming them at every ball up. Bulldogs midfielders were overwhelmed at every contest with no time or space. Swans beat them around the ball effectively taking away their One wood and ended up winning comfortably.

But only 3 sides really can trouble the Dogs imo. Richmond and Sydney. Teams with great defensive systems, 2 way running and who can execute under extreme heat.

The third is Melbourne but only if we bring the heat and dont unravel in front of goal like the last contest in R19. Still hard to get a gauge on who wins this one.
And that game vs Sydney was probably our worst for the year imo. Could not have played any worse yet only lost by 19 points.

Back