Autopsy AFL 2021 2nd Preliminary Final - Port v Dogs Sat September 11th 7:40pm EST / 7:10pm CST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 20 11.0%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 60 33.0%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 44 24.2%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 42 23.1%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

And that game vs Sydney was probably our worst for the year imo. Could not have played any worse yet only lost by 19 points.
Yes I went there as a neutral, expecting match of the round. But came away disappointed. Fair to say Bailey Smith has improved since then.

Dogs very good. Port disappointing.
Should be a good grand final. Looking forward to it.

…Both teams will be fresh.. there’s no excuses, who ever loses just lost to a better team on the day….
Unless the free kick count is in the plus for the team you don’t support. In which case it’s not cause your team weren’t up to it on the day, it’s because those damn umpires gifted the other team the win!!

That’s how you do it right certain swans fans?

Last edited:
Unless the free kick count is in the plus for the team you don’t support. In which case it’s not cause your team weren’t up to it on the day, it’s because those damn umpires gifted the other team the win!!

That’s how you do it right?

Lost the free kick count by 6 last night, win by 71 points. Melbourne only got three more frees than Geelong and gave them an even bigger smashing.

Hopefully the free kick narrative dies with those stats, but obviously it won’t.

If the dogs lose to Melbourne it’ll be because they were the better team. End of. Hopefully there are similarly minded dees fans if it turns out the other way.

Haha

That’s how you do it right certain swans fans?
Haha to be fair when we lost to the dogs it was 25 to 11 frees
When we won it was 16-15 still your way 🤷🏽‍♀️Ill take the second one please!!

Terrible performance! I watch sports all around the world and the AFL continually under delivers in big matches. Something needs to be done!

Most important part of the second Dees v Dogs matchup is us hopefully learning to not put ourself in a position to give away soft free kicks. Repeatedly robbed ourselves of momentum, especially in the last quarter. Playing with the discipline we showed in R11 will go a long way towards us winning the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you have to view it as Gawn and Jackson vs Martin and English. Without Martin it’s not pretty reading.
It’s not, but, Port dominated the hit outs and you won by 71 points. So Martin was smashed anyway. Don’t think it matters. I am worried about when the ball hits the floor. I’d be wanting guys like Brayshaw and Viney getting more tackles than possessions. We want;

WB get ball = WB get tackled

That’s the key (or one of many)

It’s not, but, Port dominated the hit outs and you won by 71 points. So Martin was smashed anyway. Don’t think it matters. I am worried about when the ball hits the floor. I’d be wanting guys like Brayshaw and Viney getting more tackles than possessions. We want;

WB get ball = WB get tackled

That’s the key (or one of many)

I think the difference with having Martin instead of Young/English is that he can at least half a contest if he doesn't win the hitout. At times without Martin we've been completely uncompetitive through the ruck.

It's not surprising that our best form has been the games Martin has played this year.

But yeah as in nearly all games this year the midfield battle will be the key. On paper the Dees can match us in that area or if Oliver and Petracca are really on than they could outright beat us through there.

I think the difference with having Martin instead of Young/English is that he can at least half a contest if he doesn't win the hitout. At times without Martin we've been completely uncompetitive through the ruck.

It's not surprising that our best form has been the games Martin has played this year.

But yeah as in nearly all games this year the midfield battle will be the key. On paper the Dees can match us in that area or if Oliver and Petracca are really on than they could outright beat us through there.
That’s right. I like English and he will have an exceptional career but Gawn is Gawn and literally peaking. Martin can provide a large body and get crashing into his opponent. Good player.

I think it will take huge games from all our midfielders to win that battle. You’re simply so good and deep in there. I think that if it comes down to forwards and defenders we have you covered, so the midfield has to really pump.

Back