Fixture AFL 2021 Community Series Pre-Season FIXTURE Starting March 4th - Final Fixtures Released and Updated.

Remove this Banner Ad

parano1a

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
UPDATE Revised Fixture:

2021 AAMI Community Series Fixture
Thursday, March 4

Carlton v St Kilda, Marvel Stadium, 7.10pm AEDT

Friday, March 5
Collingwood v Richmond, Marvel Stadium, 7.10pm AEDT

Saturday, March 6
Hawthorn v North Melbourne, University of Tasmania Stadium, 1.10pm AEDT
Fremantle v Adelaide, Fremantle Oval, 1.10pm AWST
Geelong v Essendon, GMHBA Stadium, 7.10pm AEDT

Sunday, March 7
Sydney v Gold Coast, Giants Stadium, 1.10pm AEDT
Greater Western Sydney v Brisbane, Manuka Oval 4.10pm AEDT
West Coast v Port Adelaide, Leederville Oval, 4.10pm AWST

Monday, March 8
Western Bulldogs v Melbourne, Marvel Stadium, 3.10pm AEDT

All 2021 AAMI Community Series matches will be broadcast live on FOX FOOTY, Kayo and through the Official AFL LIVE App, thanks to Telstra.

Last edited:
Time to start thinking about footy, fingers and toes crossed for an uninterrupted season and crowds for all states.
The pre-season kicks off March 4th and I for one cannot WAIT!

:adelaide::brisbane::carlton::essendon::freo::geelong::goldcoast::gws::hawthorn::melbourne::north::port::richmond::stkilda::sydney::westcoast::bulldogs:

Match threads and teams will be up week by week as per normal.
Cheers everyone, have a great year.

AFL Executive General Manager of Clubs and Broadcasting Travis Auld said the decision to revise the fixture was made by the league, together with clubs, to safeguard the health and safety of the competition and the community by reducing travel prior to the home-and-away season.

FULL PRE-SEASON FIXTURE

Thursday March 4

Carlton v St Kilda, Marvel Stadium (7.10pm AEDT)

Friday March 5

Collingwood v Richmond, Marvel Stadium (7:10pm AEDT)

Saturday March 6

Hawthorn v North Melbourne, University of Tasmania Stadium (1:10pm AEDT and local time)

Fremantle v Adelaide Crows, Fremantle Oval (4:10pm AEDT) (1.10pm local time)

Geelong Cats v Essendon, GMHBA Stadium (7:10pm AEDT)

Sunday March 7

Sydney Swans v Gold Coast Suns, GIANTS Stadium (1:10pm AEDT and local time)

GWS Giants v Brisbane Lions, Manuka Oval (4:10pm AEDT and local time)

West Coast Eagles v Port Adelaide, Leederville Oval (7:10pm) (4.10pm local time)

Monday March 8

Western Bulldogs v Melbourne, Marvel Stadium (3:10pm AEDT)

Last edited:

Time to start thinking about footy, fingers and toes crossed for an uninterrupted season and crowds for all states.
The pre-season kicks off February 18th and I for one cannot WAIT!

:adelaide::brisbane::carlton::essendon::freo::geelong::goldcoast::gws::hawthorn::melbourne::north::port::richmond::stkilda::sydney::westcoast::bulldogs:

Match threads and teams will be up week by week as per normal.
Cheers everyone, have a great year.

WEEK 1 (All times are AEDT)

Thursday February 18

Geelong Cats vs Essendon — GMHBA Stadium, 7.10pm

Friday February 19

West Coast Eagles vs St Kilda — Leederville Oval, 7.40pm

Saturday February 20

Collingwood vs Hawthorn — Morwell Recreation Reserve, 3.10pm

GWS Giants vs Sydney Swans — Blacktown International Sportspark, 6.10pm

Sunday February 21

Port Adelaide vs Carlton — Bennett Oval (Whyalla, SA), 5.10pm

WEEK 2

Friday February 26

Fremantle vs Melbourne — Fremantle Oval, 7.10pm

Saturday February 27

Richmond vs Western Bulldogs — Lavington Sports Ground (Albury, NSW), 3.10pm

Gold Coast Suns vs Brisbane Lions — Metricon Stadium, 7.40pm

Sunday February 28

North Melbourne vs Adelaide — North Hobart Oval, 2.10pm

WEEK 3

Wednesday March 3

Sydney Swans vs Collingwood — C.ex Coffs International Stadium, 7.10pm

Thursday March 4

St Kilda vs Geelong Cats — RSEA Park, 7.10pm

Friday March 5

GWS Giants vs Essendon — Manuka Oval, 7.40pm

Saturday March 6

Western Bulldogs vs Gold Coast Suns — Victoria University Whitten Oval, 1.40pm

Carlton vs Brisbane Lions — Ikon Park, 4.40pm

Hawthorn vs Port Adelaide — UTAS Stadium, 7.40pm

Sunday March 7

Adelaide Crows vs Richmond — Flinders University Stadium (Noarlunga), 1.10pm

Melbourne vs North Melbourne — Casey Fields, 4.10pm

West Coast Eagles vs Fremantle — David Grays Arena (Mandurah), 7.10pm
Nope looking like clubs are not travelling so we will have to play port twice

Mark Stevens said they have changed pre season fixture and that it will only be the one game played.

OP updated already lol. I hope it’s not an omen.
I think it will or I hope anyway that it will be a 22 game season can’t see way it couldn’t be Victoria , Qld and NSW got on top of their last COVID-19 outbreaks pretty Quickly

So my guess is that the fixture is going to be

Fremantle vs West Coast
Adelaide vs Port Adelaide
Brisbane vs Gold Coast
GWS vs Sydney
Richmond vs Western Bulldogs
Essendon vs Geelong
Collingwood vs Hawthorn
Melbourne vs North Melbourne
Carlton vs St Kilda

That would keep most matches as fixtured with the addition of Adelaide vs Port Adelaide and Carlton vs St Kilda as they were not originally fixtured to play.

The teams can then choose who (and if) they have a scratch match with someone else or the same team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like that they have made nearly all the matchups fairly even in terms of where the clubs are at. Obvious outliers being Geelong and Essendon and Fremantle and Adelaide but otherwise pretty solid.

I really miss the days pre big money when all footballers played every game with pride and winning the pre-season cup was taken seriously. What it has degenerated to over the past 20 years has effectively just robbed the fans by making the season feel shorter.

I really miss the days pre big money when all footballers played every game with pride and winning the pre-season cup was taken seriously. What it has degenerated to over the past 20 years has effectively just robbed the fans by making the season feel shorter.

I'd just get the bottom 4 sides on the ladder from the previous season and have 15 v 18, 16 v 17 in 20 minute halves at one venue (ex. if there are at least two Vic sides, have it at Marvel with one Vic side in each game). Losers then play off for practice in 20 minute halves, then winners play off in 20 minute halves for the right to get into the Quarter Finals. All 4 sides effectively play the equivalent of one full game in Round 1 against 2 opponents.

I'd just get the bottom 4 sides on the ladder from the previous season and have 15 v 18, 16 v 17 in 20 minute halves at one venue (ex. if there are at least two Vic sides, have it at Marvel with one Vic side in each game). Losers then play off for practice in 20 minute halves, then winners play off in 20 minute halves for the right to get into the Quarter Finals. All 4 sides effectively play the equivalent of one full game in Round 1 against 2 opponents.

Didn't they try those little mini round-robins in the preseason a few years back?

• One Pre-Season Practice Match
    • Scheduled by the AFL, to be played against a team in the same State, to be held across the last week in February.
    • Teams to decide on the format of each game including number of players, number of quarters, quarter length etc
I assume the practice matches won't be televised like the AAMI community series.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back