Autopsy AFL 2021 Finals Week 1 - EF1 Dogs v Bombers Sun August 29th 3:30pm EST (Uni of Tas)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 35 27.8%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 15 11.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Makes a big difference in the context of the game when 2 soft free kicks are paid in front of goal to push the margin out to 2 and a bit goals in those conditions. I wouldn't be doing cartwheels if I was the Bulldogs.
Essendon got soft chances themselves from 50m penalties and free kicks that they failed to convert - can't really blame anyone for that

Young team and played our hearts out for 3 quarters. Eventually the umpiring just destroys your energy. Fell apart in the last quarter but understandable.
You guys played on the edge and push the boundaries. It’s a game style issue IMO

Dogs aren't a top 4 team. They're a 5-8 team. It's only the umpires that flattered their ladder position this year. Didn't you notice that they lost all the game when the umpires were neutral?
Came for the melts, not disappointed :D

Essendon didn't kick a goal for the whole 2nd half. Cant blame the umpires for that.
Not blaming the umpires, nor am I suggesting Essendon would've won; but the whole context of the game changed when Weightman got those 2 soft free kicks in front of goal. 2 and a half goals in those conditions was huge.

I said a while ago we have to be prepared to go backwards next year. We are still 2-3 years away from where we need to be. Need to clean out the deadwood and keep hitting the drafts hard. We do need a KPF badly but even McKay would’ve gone goal less today with our utterly pathetic forward entries.
Right from the very start today we were bombing wide to the pockets. Little wonder our forward coach is being moved on
2 years of Josh Jenkins as a DFA? Just need someone to split the defenders with 2MP

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won’t hold up against a decent side. McInerny will have give the worst ruckman in history a bath next week.
Ayce Cordy
Peter Street
Nick Bruton

He's not even the 3rd worst ruckman we've hd in recent memory

First thing we need to do is either move to the MCG or demand that the roof at Marvel stays open no matter if it’s snowing. Then the club needs to install sprinklers at the Hangar and train with them on every single day.
We have been the most pathetic wet weather side in the comp for 20 years and it’s just sickening how bad we are in the wet. Blind hack kicks forward won’t win you any games of football

Mate, 7 sides are going to end this year thinking what if? You’ll look at what went right, what went wrong, make some changes and hit the new year full of hope that this is the one.
Same as every year for every team that doesn’t hold up the cup

If we lost by 2-3 goals I wouldn’t care it’s how we lost that I’m furious about

I’ve been holding hope for 20 years And alway ends the same way

If we lost by 2-3 goals I wouldn’t care it’s how we lost that I’m furious about

I’ve been holding hope for 20 years And alway ends the same way
Sure. But you finished 8th for a reason and came up against a team that was top 2 for most of the year. You have a lot to work with and a lot to work on, but it’s not all doom and gloom

Back