Autopsy AFL 2021 Finals Week 1 - QF1 Demons v Lions Sat August 28th 7pm CST/ 7:30pm EST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons y a goal or less

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 32 35.2%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 31 34.1%
  • Demons by a lot

• Lions by a lot

• Draw

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Demons just don’t get penalized for holding the ball or clear throws and the Lions tacklers are not being rewarded.

Umps just seem to turn that blind eye when it suits them and every team has been on the wrong end of it but tonight the Lions are copping it with no lube.
Why are you making these comments? All this does is rile people up and encourage to keep whingeing about umpiring. Isn’t there an umpiring thread to discuss this? Why doesn’t BF put a game day thread on the umpiring board so people can go there and moan about umpiring decisions as opposed to clogging up game day threads with umpiring rubbish?

3/4 time

Clear frees paid

Melbourne: 8

Brisbane: 4

Clear frees missed

Melbourne: 5 (Q2 – Brisbane ruckman incorrectly disposes it, Q2 – Brisbane player holding the ball, Q2 – Brisbane ruckman didn’t separate in boundary throw in and was within 1m of Gawn, was even holding him lol, Q3 – Neale throws it to himself BEFORE getting handball out, Q3 – Unrealistic attempt by Brisbane forward)

Brisbane: 6 (Q1 - Oliver incorrect disposal, Q1 – Gawn holding the ball, Q3 – Lever throws ball out to avoid htb Q3 – No sufficient attempt by Lever to get the ball out, Q3 – Brisbane player hung onto, Q3 – May sheapharded beyond the legal distance.)

“50/50s” paid

Melbourne: 3

Brisbane: 2

“50/50s” missed

Melbourne: 25

Brisbane: 23

Bad calls paid

Melbourne: 2 (Q3 – Tackle was not dangerous, Q3 – That was not high on Oliver. ARGUABLY in the back, but if that’s in the back so are most specky attempts.)

Brisbane: 6 (Q1 – High in ruck infringement, Q2 – Where the **** was the 50?, 4 replays and im still confused. Q2 – Mark paid which did not travel 15m Q3 – Wasn’t in the back, Neale took a dive, Q3 – Melbourne player tackled instantly with no prior opportunity while still trying to get it out. Paid HTB Q3 – Umpire paid holding against Gawn, there was no hold.)

50s missed

Melbourne: 8 (Q1 – Brisbane player enters protected area after Lever mark, Q1 – Daniher knocks ball out of May’s hand, Q1 – Brisbane player did not stand the mark, Q2 – Brisbane player did not stand the mark, Q2 – Brisbane player goes over mark and holds up Brown from moving on the ball quickly, Q3 – Brisbane player runs through mark, Q3 - Brisbane player casually wanders over mark, Q3 – To get on mark, Brisbane player enters through the protected zone.)

Brisbane: 3 (Q1 – Melbourne player clearly goes over mark and hangs on to avoid quick movement, Q3 – Melbourne player doesn’t stand mark to turn around and whinge to umpire, Q3 – Melbourne player encroached over the mark before “stand”ing)
It must be seriously miserable to watch the game like this.

3/4 time

Clear frees paid

Melbourne: 8

Brisbane: 4

Clear frees missed

Melbourne: 5 (Q2 – Brisbane ruckman incorrectly disposes it, Q2 – Brisbane player holding the ball, Q2 – Brisbane ruckman didn’t separate in boundary throw in and was within 1m of Gawn, was even holding him lol, Q3 – Neale throws it to himself BEFORE getting handball out, Q3 – Unrealistic attempt by Brisbane forward)

Brisbane: 6 (Q1 - Oliver incorrect disposal, Q1 – Gawn holding the ball, Q3 – Lever throws ball out to avoid htb Q3 – No sufficient attempt by Lever to get the ball out, Q3 – Brisbane player hung onto, Q3 – May sheapharded beyond the legal distance.)

“50/50s” paid

Melbourne: 3

Brisbane: 2

“50/50s” missed

Melbourne: 25

Brisbane: 23

Bad calls paid

Melbourne: 2 (Q3 – Tackle was not dangerous, Q3 – That was not high on Oliver. ARGUABLY in the back, but if that’s in the back so are most specky attempts.)

Brisbane: 6 (Q1 – High in ruck infringement, Q2 – Where the **** was the 50?, 4 replays and im still confused. Q2 – Mark paid which did not travel 15m Q3 – Wasn’t in the back, Neale took a dive, Q3 – Melbourne player tackled instantly with no prior opportunity while still trying to get it out. Paid HTB Q3 – Umpire paid holding against Gawn, there was no hold.)

50s missed

Melbourne: 8 (Q1 – Brisbane player enters protected area after Lever mark, Q1 – Daniher knocks ball out of May’s hand, Q1 – Brisbane player did not stand the mark, Q2 – Brisbane player did not stand the mark, Q2 – Brisbane player goes over mark and holds up Brown from moving on the ball quickly, Q3 – Brisbane player runs through mark, Q3 - Brisbane player casually wanders over mark, Q3 – To get on mark, Brisbane player enters through the protected zone.)

Brisbane: 3 (Q1 – Melbourne player clearly goes over mark and hangs on to avoid quick movement, Q3 – Melbourne player doesn’t stand mark to turn around and whinge to umpire, Q3 – Melbourne player encroached over the mark before “stand”ing)
Do you actually enjoy footy or just watch it to whinge about umpiring?

Footy fans, you gotta love them. It's very easy to LOL a post over an incorrect prediction. It still wasn't very convincing, but it's not a very convincing top 4 this year anyway!
Look to be fair, I think you’re somewhat right. The notion that we get Geelong in a fortnight is a worry. They were very underwhelming against Port, but they bounced back in the PF last year after being run down in the media and in here.

My concern is they can get a sizeable lead quickly. Hence the last round of the home and away season. They’ll regroup against the Giants and give it a really good shot. I know I’ve labelled them too slow and not built for finals, but I think those comments weren’t my finest.

Dees were awesome last night, completely outplayed my boys in the second and final quarters by some margin. Dan McStay going down was pretty big in the context of the game, allowing Lever a free ride, but I don't think the result would have been any different.

In terms of the Lions I think/ hope we get a win next week at the Gabba allowing us a shot at Port, who we have matched up well on in recent years. We aren't completely out of it, but if it all ends in tears it won't destroy us. Hasn't been our year really and we do seem to be a couple of players short of a really good side.

Dees and Port grand final looks a good chance. It would hurt to see Port win tho as I feel we are a better side, form and injuries aside. Dees flag I can live with

Clayton Oliver is the best player in the competition . Coaches award , followed by a BOG in the QF.

Dees were awesome last night, completely outplayed my boys in the second and final quarters by some margin. Dan McStay going down was pretty big in the context of the game, allowing Lever a free ride, but I don't think the result would have been any different.

In terms of the Lions I think/ hope we get a win next week at the Gabba allowing us a shot at Port, who we have matched up well on in recent years. We aren't completely out of it, but if it all ends in tears it won't destroy us. Hasn't been our year really and we do seem to be a couple of players short of a really good side.

Dees and Port grand final looks a good chance. It would hurt to see Port win tho as I feel we are a better side, form and injuries aside. Dees flag I can live with
Lions really need to regroup for next week and keep pushing hard. No guarantees next year and beyond even with injured inclusions.
The window for teams winning a flag isn’t wide and I saw the cats and lions looking a little battle weary, lacking intensity this weekend. Finals campaigns are long and arduous and you must strike while the irons hot.

Have laughed at people who just look at my breakdown of umpiring and jump to a conclusion.

- No, I dont normally watch games like this

- No, it didn't require me spending any more time watching the game than I normally would (the few incidents I have to rewind and double/triple/and once or twice, quadruple check plays. - Ie, hand over Oliver's shoulder I made up fast forwarding after a goal or throwin) - Each of my posts at each break, then at full time were done within seconds of the siren

- No, I dont believe it had any effect on the game

And for people just assuming I feel Melbourne got a ride? This isn't Rd 10 where they got a ride all day, then 1 non-call goes against them and they feel jibbed. The umpires did a fairly good job in this game. In fact, I'd argue Brisbane got a slight ride and got away with more.

Really impressive win by the Dees ,really hoping they can take it all the way and win the flag ......and how good is Clayton Oliver

Back