Autopsy AFL 2021 First Semi Final - Lions v Bulldogs Sat September 4th 7:20 EST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 46 40.7%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 12 10.6%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 12 10.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

BB925964-461F-424D-A4DC-263B80B85C75.png

AFL 2021 PREMIERSHIP SEASON FIRST SEMI FINAL
BRISBANE V WESTERN BULLDOGS
SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 4TH 7:20PM (GABBA)

C4C09479-AA41-4EFA-A0A9-D0A4F59D5D60.png
TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY’S OWN SYSTEM

$1000 IN CASH PRIZES

Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won.

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

TEAMS

LIONS

B: M.Adams, D.Gardiner, B.Starcevich
HB: G.Birchall, H.Andrews, D.Rich
C: H.McCluggage, D.Zorko, M.Robinson
HF: L.McCarthy, T.Fullarton, Z.Bailey
F: K.Coleman, J.Daniher, C.Cameron
FOLL: O.McInerney, J.Lyons, L.Neale

I/C: D.Robertson, J.Berry, N.Cockatoo, J.Payne
EMG: C.Ah Chee, R.Lester, R.Mathieson, C.Ballenden

IN: D.Robertson, J.Payne
OUT: D.McStay (injured), J.Prior (omitted), R.Mathieson (sub)

BULLDOGS
B: E.Wood, A.Keath, B.Williams
HB: T.Duryea, R.Gardner, B.Dale
C: A.Treloar, J.Dunkley, L.Hunter
HF: L.Vandermeer, A.Naughton, B.Smith
F: T.Liberatore, T.English, C.Weightman
FOLL: Le. Young, J.Macrae, M.Bontempelli

I/C: J.Schache, M.Hannan, C.Daniel, R.Smith
EMG: M.Wallis, Z.Cordy, A.Scott, J.Johannisen

IN: Nil

Last edited:
Tipping dogs now they have their mogo back they played very well v essendon i do feel they can beat brisbane and play port the next week.

Charlie Cameron worries me.

Wood played ok on him last time but is out of form (although better against Essendon). Duryea can play a shutdown role but Dale/Williams are probably too attacking to shut down such a dangerous small forward.

I suspect we go into the game unchanged. Schache weirdly only seems to play well in the wet so we'll need to get someone to sneak into the GABBA and turn the sprinklers on before the game.

We’re on top of the world before our last game , wouldn’t jump off them at home sorry dogs ., on rebound yes no mcstay but we will find a stop gap and point to prove. Umpires will not be as loving either

lions by 28

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who comes in for McStay or does Adams go forward?
With Hipwood going down and now McStay we haven't got much left in the shed as far as KPF options go, some of the possibilities discussed have been.

Connor Ballenden.
Big O playing forward and Archie Smith in the ruck.
Marcus Adams going forward and Jack Payne coming in down back or Payne forward and Adams stays back.
Playing smaller eg. Jarrod Berry as a pseudo 3rd tall.

Fagan is renowned for making as little changes as possible to our preferred structure so my tip is we go with Connor Ballenden.

We’re on top of the world before our last game , wouldn’t jump off them at home sorry dogs ., on rebound yes no mcstay but we will find a stop gap and point to prove. Umpires will not be as loving either

lions by 28

On top of the world is a bit of a stretch. Had big wins against poor sides who had checked out for the season and beat a mediocre Fremantle in Perth, not really anything to gloat about. Melbourne looked after your lot comfortably on Saturday and before our form slump the Dogs were able to take care of them as well.

Our second half on Sunday was as good as anything we produced in the first 20 weeks which had us sitting at either 1st or 2nd on the ladder.

Lions will go in favourites at home but if we bring our best footy which is looking likely it’ll go right down to the wire.

Last edited:
Is Harris Andrews injured? Aaron Naughton could have a field day, if only he could kick.

4th vs 5th, with just percentage separating the teams after the home away season. It's about as good a semi final match up as you could ask for.
Not much between the two sides - if both sides turn up to ready to play, should be a cracker.

Back