Autopsy AFL 2021 First Semi Final - Lions v Bulldogs Sat September 4th 7:20 EST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 46 40.7%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 12 10.6%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 12 10.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Good summary. Can see the Dogs got the better of it in the last which will obviously be looked at more in such a close game. Was a cracking game, even if I'm obviously disappointed with the result.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Good summary. Can see the Dogs got the better of it in the last which will obviously be looked at more in such a close game. Was a cracking game, even if I'm obviously disappointed with the result.
It helps explain people's grievance with umpiring. More of the poor calls against the Dogs came in the 1st half, more of the Lions ones came in the 2nd during a time where everyone is already hyped up / tense. Hopefully once the dust settles people can appreciate the game for what it was. Should go down as a classic

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
"Some kid" = ex professional umpire

No AFL accredited ump, could umpire under 9s. You can't just post a fans opinion and say 'we win'.

I disagree with half of them.

Mate 10-2 frees in the last, 23-11 after 1/4 time, 4-5 contentious ones down the stretch.

You won, enjoy it. But * off with defending the fact you didn't get a good whistle. It's laughable.

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It helps explain people's grievance with umpiring. More of the poor calls against the Dogs came in the 1st half, more of the Lions ones came in the 2nd during a time where everyone is already hyped up / tense. Hopefully once the dust settles people can appreciate the game for what it was. Should go down as a classic

You got an extremely good whistle in the second 1/4 too FYI.

Whilst the focus of the angst is on the last 1/4 that was just the boil over, it was on from 1/4 time in a huge way.

'hold' bulldogs.. 'push bulldogs'.. 'hold bulldogs'.. 'block bulldogs' ... one after the next, it was comical.

guruisatiger

Grand Poohbah of Ganymede
Oct 25, 2006
from the hinterlands of sri lanka and tibet
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
B.S.C youngboys.. Borussia Dortmund
We were awesome tonight, couldn't be prouder. Coming here to rag a young team with half their players out, after the game of the year, is embarrassing for Tigers fans.
half ????
surely the beast or the barometer or whatever he calls himself
would have beaten the dogs on there own ,including the umpires
he is that good after all

Mar 4, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts

Cracking game, did you know the result made us the first club to win a GF that didn't feature a Vic club and set in motion the need for your inquiry 2 years later.

Such a shame Lynch is obviously suffering onset CTE, his punch drunk slurring in commentary is a sad look on the game.

guruisatiger

Oct 25, 2006
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams

Whilst the focus of the angst is on the last 1/4 that was just the boil over, it was on from 1/4 time in a huge way.

'hold' bulldogs.. 'push bulldogs'.. 'hold bulldogs'.. 'block bulldogs' ... one after the next, it was comical.
re watch the last quarter against the eagles in round 23
lions were gifted that game ,,,even had the time keeper
on your side just to make sure you got the double chance
and you still blew it

guruisatiger

Oct 25, 2006
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Cracking game, did you know the result made us the first club to win a GF that didn't feature a Vic club and set in motion the need for your inquiry 2 years later.

Such a shame Lynch is obviously suffering onset CTE, his punch drunk slurring in commentary is a sad look on the game.
johnathon brown makes lynch look and sound like a rhodes scholar

TiAn_

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 19, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Only have yourselves to blame tbh. Everyone knows the umpires choose the winners and your mob treated them like they were just there to officiate.

I’m laughing too.

TiAn_

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 19, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
No AFL accredited ump, could umpire under 9s. You can't just post a fans opinion and say 'we win'.

I disagree with half of them.

Mate 10-2 frees in the last, 23-11 after 1/4 time, 4-5 contentious ones down the stretch.

You won, enjoy it. But fu** off with defending the fact you didn't get a good whistle. It's laughable.

I hope this masks the pain of your team not being good enough. You probably started to really believe in them after Rd 23 too. Sad. The sun will come up tomorrow bud.

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I hope this masks the pain of your team not being good enough. You probably started to really believe in them after Rd 23 too. Sad. The sun will come up tomorrow bud.

My team has major issues. Mental fortitude, lazy mids, down hill skiers. I am thinking and discussing this everyday. I also think the best 4 teams in the comp made prelims.

Thats how I make myself feel better, knowing we arnt good enough and probably would have lost to Port by 60 points.

And no - I was never a believer in us after round 23, we had beaten a bunch of bottom feeders and where massively banged up.

But I will not lie down on the fact the umps gave us a bath last night, why is it so tough to except you had a good whistle?

Why are dogs fans so defensive about it, its bizarre.

samass03

Senior List
Oct 13, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
My team has major issues. Mental fortitude, lazy mids, down hill skiers. I am thinking and discussing this everyday. I also think the best 4 teams in the comp made prelims.

Thats how I make myself feel better, knowing we arnt good enough and probably would have lost to Port by 60 points.

But I will not lie down on the fact the umps gave us a bath last night, why is it so tough to except you had a good whistle?

Because we disagree with you, just because you feel a certain thing doesn’t make it factual. Incredible that you don’t understand other people will have opinions…

TiAn_

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 19, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

And no - I was never a believer in us after round 23, we had beaten a bunch of bottom feeders and where massively banged up.

You’re flying through the stages of grief now. Pretty soon you’ll even accept that the umpiring was fine and the better team won. Don’t worry, you’ll get your Gabba frees back next year, except when you play us obviously.

Stax on the mill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood

No need to be so perplexed. Maybe, just maybe, Bulldog fans, and plenty of neutrals don’t agree with your claims, and by extension your attempt to diminish the Bulldog’s achievement in winning against the odds.

Back