AFL Grand Final AFL 2021 GRAND FINAL - Demons v Dogs Sat September 25th 7:15pm EST / 5:15pm WST (Optus) Congratulations Demons! 🍾🏆 Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 16 4.4%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 16 4.4%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 132 36.4%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 108 29.8%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 50 13.8%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 33 9.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bulldogs form line is superior, Melbourne beat Geelong but Port beat Geelong and the Bulldogs smashed Port.
Bulldogs get a neutral venue .
Bulldogs have Grand Final experience.
Bevo will have a plan for Petracca.
Stephen May will play injured.
Bulldogs have a better midfield.

Bulldogs by 22 points.
Norm Smith -The Bont
Most goals- Josh Schache playing on the 3rd tall.
We beat Brisbane and the WB won by a point.

Go figure.

We beat Brisbane and the WB won by a point.

Go figure.
Melbourne have played one good team in the last 6 weeks (excluding 2 games against Geelong) and were 6 goals down against Geelong at one stage .
Before that you drew with Hawthorn and then were beaten by the Bulldogs by 20 points.
So the form line is not strong besides a good win Vs Brisbane.

Last edited:
3 weeks ago Bevo had everyone writing off Dogs dropping late games, all the experts said cooked, trolled the lot of 'em.
Last week everyone said Port would win, got smashed.

King is the 'king' of stats and usually gets it wrong, stats and recent history are irrelevant when the ball is bounced in the GF.

In 12 days they'll win a 2nd flag in 5 years, what about all the experts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shame it’s not at the ‘G on a Saturday afternoon.
It is a shame because this will be a really good game of football.

But Optus Oval is a pretty nifty ground!
60,000 people will fit and DOGS V DEES, those members and fans who can go, will be there.
There'll be a lot!
But these, Sandgropers, who I've got to know over a couple of decades, are pretty crazy football people too,
they 'll go!

Eastern brothers, it is a really good ground. Thats coming from a Victorian "visitor" thats been here about thirty years.

There is nothing like the MCG on Grand Final day, I've seen two of them. A win and a loss.

BUT this will be a good thing, this is a traditional footy state, it'll go mad.

And a fair few West Aussies still follow their old clubs from VFL days and not always Eagles or Dockers.
Most are of course following their states two clubs . But Doggies have a fair old number of members here, like most other clubs all over the country. The Dees will too.

This ground will fill up, fear not, TV fans in the east you'll feel it.

And the crowd will be loud.

Trust me?

Melbourne have played one good team in the last 6 weeks (excluding 2 games against Geelong) and were 6 goals down against Geelong at one stage .
Before that you drew with Hawthorn and then were beaten by the Bulldogs by 20 points.
So the form line is not strong besides a good win V Brisbane.
Both teams coming off 70+ point wins in the PF. It doesn’t get any clearer than that re form.

So the form line is not strong besides a good win Vs Brisbane.

Didn't Hawthorn belt the Bulldogs in that time? Or does that not count, only our draw to them counts as it goes against your argument?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Didn't Hawthorn belt the Bulldogs in that time? Or does that not count, only our draw to them counts as it goes against your argument?

Hawthorn beat us comfortably. Essendon beat us the week before with Peter Wright looking like ******* Lockett, and Port missed a bunch of shots and still won by a kick. I wouldn't have backed us against any decent team at that point, our form line was shocking.

Whatever happened Bevo and the team managed to right the ship, and now we look more like the team we were in the first half of the year.

The only form line that matters is last week's, and as you or another poster rightly pointed out both sides look pretty good on that basis. I'm not discounting the fact either team could be on and the other not, resulting in a comfortable win, but my guess would be an arm wrestle until at least late in the third.

The Bulldogs did dip at the end of home and away but then smashed Essendon, beat Brisbane at the Gabba and smashed Port in Adelaide.
Melbourne's finals form has been impressive as well but I think the odds are wrong.
I think it should be an even money game or Bulldogs slight favourites.
I don't think many Dee's players have played in a GF.

Back