AFL Grand Final AFL 2021 GRAND FINAL - Demons v Dogs Sat September 25th 7:15pm EST / 5:15pm WST (Optus) Congratulations Demons! 🍾🏆 Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 16 4.4%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 16 4.4%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 132 36.4%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 108 29.8%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 50 13.8%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 33 9.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

BC344D44-611A-4249-B4FD-22C6289B41ED.png

AFL 2021 PREMIERSHIP SEASON GRAND FINAL
MELBOURNE V WESTERN BULLDOGS
SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 25TH 7:15 EST / 5:15PM WST (OPTUS)

PRELIMINARY FINALS

MELBOURNE 125 D GEELONG 42
WESTERN BULLDOGS 116 D PORT ADELAIDE 45

#putoutyourcheeseboards
Win prizes

C4C09479-AA41-4EFA-A0A9-D0A4F59D5D60.png
TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY’S OWN SYSTEM

$1000 IN CASH PRIZES

Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won.

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

TEAMS

DEMONS

B: M.Hibberd, S.May, J.Lever
HB: T.Rivers, H.Petty, C.Salem
C: A.Brayshaw, C.Petracca, E.Langdon
HF: A.Neal-Bullen, T.McDonald, T.Sparrow
F: C.Spargo, B.Brown, B.Fritsch
FOLL: M.Gawn, C.Oliver, J.Viney

I/C: J.Harmes, L.Jackson, J.Bowey, K.Pickett
EMG: J.Melksham, J.Jordon, J.Hunt, K.Chandler

IN: Nil
OUT: J.Jordon (sub)

BULLDOGS
B: E.Wood, A.Keath, B.Williams
HB: C.Daniel, Z.Cordy, B.Dale
C: B.Smith, T.Liberatore, L.Hunter
HF: C.Weightman, A.Naughton, A.Treloar
F: J.Schache, T.English, M.Hannan
FOLL: S.Martin, J.Macrae, M.Bontempelli

I/C: J.Johannisen, J.Dunkley, T.Duryea, R.Smith
EMG: L.Vandermeer, E.Richards, A.Scott, R.Gardner

IN: A.Keath, C.Weightman
OUT: R.Gardner (omitted), A.Scott (sub), L.Vandermeer (omitted)

MELBOURNE 140
WESTERN BULLDOGS 66

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This GF is going to be a classic.

In the red and blue corner we have one of the best teams I’ve seen in a long time. They have all the ingredients.

Strong system. Incredibly disciplined and even under immense pressure they believe in their structures and plan.

Heroic leaders in the Trac, Oliver and Gawn.When the tough gets going they have guys who can change the momentum of a game:

Unbelievable defense. May, Lever and Salem are as good as any defence ive ever seen. Intercept marks still doesn’t get the credit it deserves. Not only does it thwart an attack it enables rebound fast enough to challenge a zone. They do this better than anyone I’ve seen, whilst being fierce shutdown defenders too, with Salem setting up 2-3 other guys to rebound.

They also have players everywhere who fly under the radar. From Fritch to Langdon to Spargo to Pickett. So many players capable of impacting an ark wrestle.

But if I had to find one weakness it’s speed. And the Dogs have it in spades.

If Beveridge isn’t already telling them, the Dogs must be manically fast with handball and kicking to win this. Good thing is they’re like that for the most part anyway.

if I was a Demon I’d be worried if the Dogs turned up with Matrix like speed, even at the expense of quality. If you have the courage to fast and keep running I think you can win.

Last edited:

Oct 14, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This will be a great contest.
Would of been a disaster if Port got through.

Dogs just.
Yeah it’s going to be insane. Ask Chief how confident I was the Dogs would flog Port. Have no idea how they made it to a prelim. They’re not even top 8 material.

Tap Tap Tapperoo

Club Legend
Dec 15, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
I’ve said most of the year that the Dogs are the only team where I felt their best is as good, or better, than our best. Although, I didn’t think we had a performance like Friday night in us tbh.

Hopefully we can stifle their ball movement like we did earlier in the year, should be a cracker. I’m definitely less confident than I would have been if we were playing Port.

And I think the week off helps the Dogs more given we’ve just had a week off.

BarryMorgan

Premiership Player
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I’ve said most of the year that the Dogs are the only team where I felt their best is as good, or better, than our best. Although, I didn’t think we had a performance like Friday night in us tbh.

Hopefully we can stifle their ball movement like we did earlier in the year, should be a cracker. I’m definitely less confident than I would have been if we were playing Port.

And I think the week off helps the Dogs more given we’ve just had a week off.
Dunno, a week’s rest seemed to do your blokes good on Friday!

Probably the best two twos for most of the year

Fitting they meet in the GF

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

mike ross

All Australian
Jun 8, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Miami Heat
You'd think with Melbourne being slightly fresher with having a week off and the Dogs playing each week, the Dees should be favourites and the Dogs will run out of legs.

In this era with the professionalism of footy clubs and their training and recovery systems it doesn't seem to bother them anymore like it did in past eras.

Two best clubs in the comp all year. They both deserve to be in it and I'd say Melbourne will be favourites slightly.

Goodluck to both clubs and both sets of supporters. And just quietly it's great to have two Vic teams in the big one again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hazardinho

Team Captain
Dec 6, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
This is probably the strongest GF contest between two heavy weights since 2008 since Hawthorn and Geelong. I can see this being a low scoring final like 70 or 80 points scored by both teams, these two teams will go down in history as one of the best the games seen, as both have era defining players on their list and the scary part is they're still young. Melbourne are kinda like Geelong back in the late 2000's where they just don't concede goals, like they're super compact but can also kill you is so many different ways, whereas bulldogs are probably more talented on paper than Hawthorns 2013-2015 teams but not as well coached, no disrespect to Bevo kind of side to compare the current doggies team. It's gonna be a great final, i genuinely don't know who wins, i'm kind of seeing and comparing which team has the better story line.

Dogga6

All Australian
May 11, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
Huge respect to the dogs. Thought they cost themselves a premiership chance when they lost to Port. But Beveridge once again finds a way to get this club out of adversity. 2 grand finals in his time from outside top 4 is an outstanding achievement and clubs in the hunt for a coach would kill for Bevo.

They'll benefit from having the week off. Guys like Weightman, Keith, Martin will be huge inclusions and there's no doubting that the dogs would be really confident going into this game.

Reckon we'll see one of the great midfield battles of a grand final we've seen in a long time. Doggies bat deep and have speed on the outside, whereas Dees have the x factor and more defensive rounded.

Cannot wait.

Hazardinho

Team Captain
Dec 6, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
Huge respect to the dogs. Thought they cost themselves a premiership chance when they lost to Port. But Beveridge once again finds a way to get this club out of adversity. 2 grand finals in his time from outside top 4 is an outstanding achievement and clubs in the hunt for a coach would kill for Bevo.

They'll benefit from having the week off. Guys like Weightman, Keith, Martin will be huge inclusions and there's no doubting that the dogs would be really confident going into this game.

Reckon we'll see one of the great midfield battles of a grand final we've seen in a long time. Doggies bat deep and have speed on the outside, whereas Dees have the x factor and more defensive rounded.

Cannot wait.
I wouldn't say teams would kill to have Bevo, as he has his hands on a super team and is expected to compete but his certainly done extremely well to turn the moral of the team and get them in a position of winning a flag, so he definelty needs to get his due praise, and some doggies supporters will definitely need to write some apology letters to Bevo for the unjust slander he gets.

Oct 14, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This is probably the strongest GF contest between two heavy weights since 2008 since Hawthorn and Geelong. I can see this being a low scoring final like 70 or 80 points scored by both teams, these two teams will go down in history as one of the best the games seen, as both have era defining players on their list and the scary part is they're still young. Melbourne are kinda like Geelong back in the late 2000's where they just don't concede goals, like they're super compact but can also kill you is so many different ways, whereas bulldogs are probably more talented on paper than Hawthorns 2013-2015 teams but not as well coached, no disrespect to Bevo kind of side to compare the current doggies team. It's gonna be a great final, i genuinely don't know who wins, i'm kind of seeing and comparing which team has the better story line.
Great post and agree with a fair bit of that. It’s going to go down to the wire. Less than one goal and absolutely frenetic intensity. Am so pumped. Dogs have the speed, they are also peaking in form and they have the best midfield just about I’ve ever seen.

Dees are the complete package: as good a side as I’ve seen in a very long time.

cannot split them

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
If Bailey Smith plays well GF its one of the great finals series by a young player

We were robbed of this matchup in Round 10 when COVID hit and the dogs didn’t turn up to play. In the return bout, I thought the dees were a bit flat. We now get this match in the grand final with both sides up and about and ready to go.

Crazy Covid prevented fans from attending either game. Now the same but 10 times worse.

Hazardinho

Team Captain
Dec 6, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
If Bailey Smith plays well GF its one of the great finals series by a young player
Idk, he'd have to do something pretty special like against Port, he's gotta perform like Balta in 2020, Bontempelli 2016, Selwood 2007 for him to be in the conversation for one of the best, and you'd imagine Melbourne would put some work into him.

Back