Prediction Afl 2021 - potential doomsday for league if covid19 stays

Remove this Banner Ad

Iwish

XUS NEK
Apr 22, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What will the 2021 Afl season be like if there are still some covid19 around the country going into next season?
Will there still be crowd restrictions?
Will fans still buy their memberships if they can't go to games?
We know that according to figures both ourselves and the crows haven't been able to get the 20000 thru the gates which up to now has been allowed.
Are some fans not coming back to footy until covid is gone?
Will sponsor ship $$ decrease
All 18 clubs will make huge loses this year if they can't at least start moving foward next year millions more will be lost
There are a lot of questions and guess work about the future
Health comes first so we must do what we can to beat covid but for the Afl along with other sporting codes worldwide 2021 may be a doomsday scenario.

What will the 2021 Afl season be like if there are still some covid19 around the country going into next season?
Will there still be crowd restrictions?
Will fans still buy their memberships if they can't go to games?
We know that according to figures both ourselves and the crows haven't been able to get the 20000 thru the gates which up to now has been allowed.
Are some fans not coming back to footy until covid is gone?
Will sponsor ship $$ decrease
All 18 clubs will make huge loses this year if they can't at least start moving foward next year millions more will be lost
There are a lot of questions and guess work about the future
Health comes first so we must do what we can to beat covid but for the Afl along with other sporting codes worldwide 2021 may be a doomsday scenario.

Things change day to day so you can’t look that far forward.

Evolve to the current situation or don't.

- Hook up with Kayo to sell virtual memberships that include member only features in Kayo (perhaps a local commentary of games), I know it would be extremely easy to have a members only discord channel where people watch the game via Kayo and someone from the club does special comments/commentary via discord
- Organise member-only zoom sessions with the club, eg a members only selection day session with a coach discussing certain decisions.
- Sell memberships based on 100% attendance if a limit of 10k at games, the guaranteed first 10k membership.
- Sell a 10k - 20k membership, attendance guaranteed if the limit increases to 20k.
- Organise more membership based community meetups, i.e. coaches or past players doing Q and A sessions for up to 50 people at a local pub/club with the appropriate rules in place

I'm sure we could come up with at least 20 good ideas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This might sound silly, but is there any way that we can bomb the virus?

I feel like if we could do that, the virus could be scared into submission and would stop attacking us.

Just an idea so no h8 please.

Evolve to the current situation or don't.

- Hook up with Kayo to sell virtual memberships that include member only features in Kayo (perhaps a local commentary of games), I know it would be extremely easy to have a members only discord channel where people watch the game via Kayo and someone from the club does special comments/commentary via discord
- Organise member-only zoom sessions with the club, eg a members only selection day session with a coach discussing certain decisions.
- Sell memberships based on 100% attendance if a limit of 10k at games, the guaranteed first 10k membership.
- Sell a 10k - 20k membership, attendance guaranteed if the limit increases to 20k.
- Organise more membership based community meetups, i.e. coaches or past players doing Q and A sessions for up to 50 people at a local pub/club with the appropriate rules in place

I'm sure we could come up with at least 20 good ideas.
I'd pay more for my membership if it included a local commentary option on kayo and/or FTA. Commentary is a blight on the game at the moment, and memo to broadcasters - less is more.

Forgot to put it up before but caro on her regular Thursday stint on AA 2 weeks ago, said the CEO's had a meeting and doing budgets and plans that 2021 and they are all doing budgets that there wont be people allowed to attend games, or in any great numbers. Seems to have been driven by Vic clubs, but clubs are trying to plan for limited crowds in 2021.

Sounds like clubs are preparing worst case scenarios budgets as well as likely scenario budgets.

Said that clubs had expected a 25%-40% members drop off, but no club will loose more than 5% of members. Sounded like membership numbers total not $$$ drop off. She said AFL Members have taken the discount offered (think $170) and have stayed on in large numbers.

Clubs are worried that members will stay on, and pay up for a second year if they cant offer games to attend.

Listen between 1.57 and 4.25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back