Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 1 - Pies v Dogs Fri March 19th 7:50pm AEDT (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Dogs were very good and if it wasn't for the Pies defence it would have been close to a 10 goal margin. It's too bad for them that everyone forward of halfback couldn't hit the side of a barn door most of the time and when they did they'd drop chest marks. I really enjoyed the first half but the second half was definitely of lower quality as Collingwood kept fu**ign up and the Dogs were playing tempo footy when they could.
Yeah second half was mostly pretty dull and skills dropped off badly. Interesting enough for Dogs fans but I could see why neutrals would not have loved it.

Yeah second half was mostly pretty dull and skills dropped off badly. Interesting enough for Dogs fans but I could see why neutrals would not have loved it.
Yeah, second half definitely wasn't great but I really enjoyed watching the first half. Thought there was some good footy from the Dogs and some great defence from the Pies, especially for so early in the season.

Didn't mind the umpiring, was s**t both ways, obviously disappointed with the loss but i think we take positives out of it, actually thought we were the better team in the second half, if not we at least matched them anyway, Dogs are a bloody good side, would hate to play them under the roof.

My point is that the supporters that were booing Treloar at the start, threw their toys out of the cot and went home when in the last 10 mins they knew they lost. The true Collingwood supporters were there until the end and supported their team. They also had the class to acknowledge the commitment Treloar gave to the CFC.
What a lot of coddswallop, the true collingwood supporter. Who are you, Enid Blyton, The Five Have a Wonderfully Polite Day at the Football.

Woosha won a premiership. Want to ask West Coast fans how they felt about him in his last year?

Longmire won a flag and made a further two Grand Finals. Want to know how Sydney fans feel now?

Yes, Beveridge won a flag, but he's been underachieving for 4 years now.
Has Beveridge been under achieving or the players?

A poor win by the Dogs.

10 goals from 60 entries.
+150 in possessions
+ 19 in inside 50’s

Just a 15 point win to show for it and Collingwood actually looked slightly the better side after the first quarter.

If Dogs supporters are content being a 7th-8th side with a week 1 finals exit then they would have been dancing on the roofs after last nights win.

However, if they want to aspire to be in the class of the Richmonds, Ports, Brisbane’s and Geelongs of the league, then they would have been concerned with the overall performance.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A poor win by the Dogs.

+150 in possessions
+ 19 in inside 50’s

Just a 15 point win to show for it and Collingwood actually looked slightly the better side after the first quarter.

If Dogs supporters are content being a 7th-8th side with a week 1 finals exit then they would have been dancing on the roofs after last nights win.

However, if they want to aspire to be in the class of the Richmonds, Ports, Brisbane’s and Geelongs of the league, then they would have been concerned with the overall performance.

7th-8th will have them at least 5 spots ahead of your mob so pipe down.

A poor win by the Dogs.

+150 in possessions
+ 19 in inside 50’s

Probably a typical win for the dogs. Win it in the middle, lock it forward but not score due to a crowded forward half then leak goals into a wide open defence when the opposition gets through the press.
Is not necessarily a matter of needing better forwards or defenders as is often claimed although a small forward who can find space in a crowded forward line might help us get a couple of extra goals a game.
I'm concerned that a game plan based around locking the ball in the forward half won't hold up against the good teams with the new man on the mark rule making it easier to transition from defence. Hopefully we can find a more balanced strategy because our list should be challenging for top 4.

We’ve had a good look at B. Smith and Walsh over the last two nights. They’re both emerging quickly. I’m totally biased and think Smith is and will be a better player.

Walsh had 31 and kicked 0.1 (against a better team)
Smith had 35 and kicked 2.0

What do neutrals think?
Who give a s**t, too early on in the season to be starting a pissing contest, both are great players, I’m just happy we have smith in our side

7th-8th will have them at least 5 spots ahead of your mob so pipe down.
What’s Melbourne got to with last nights game and the Dogs?

Just critiquing the Dogs performance and I wasn’t impressed considering all the media hype this mob gets, year after year.

I’m sure the Dees will stink up the joint this afternoon but that’s another matter.

What’s Melbourne got to with last nights game and the Dogs?

Just critiquing the Dogs performance and I wasn’t impressed considering all the media hype this mob gets, year after year.

I’m sure the Dees will stink up the joint this afternoon but that’s another matter.
It's going to take a few weeks to get rolling. Our break glass in case of emergency for forward line issues is JUH. Could be the missing piece bringing him in as 3rd tall. Hopefully we can run with our current setup for a couple more games before pulling that lever.

The good teams win when they have to, and in the case of last night it was about beating an opponent that's had the wood over us for a few years.

The Dogs had 450+ disposals and 60+ inside 50's. Richmond equally frustrating with inside 50's per goal last night/

Geelong had 69 inside 50's when they beat Melbourne by 186 points.

If collingwood or carlton are going to give up that many inside 50's against efficient forward lines they are going to not lose by a few goals but lose by huge amounts.

We’ve had a good look at B. Smith and Walsh over the last two nights. They’re both emerging quickly. I’m totally biased and think Smith is and will be a better player.

What do neutrals think?
both elite for the amount of games played,theyre both capable of playing 250 games and captaining clubs one day,the astonishing
thing is Paddy Dow is a #3 pick and hes miles off both Walsh n Smith,that has to be of concern to Carlton,seriously Carlton have issues

What do neutrals think?

Both v good.

Never understood this splitting hairs comparison thing.

I learned a lot last night. For example, did you know that double d is the very last row? I had no idea. To find double d, what you do is, you take an elevator as high as it'll go, and then you start climbing stairs until there are no more stairs to climb and your your face is planted up against a concrete wall. You'll find that those seats have less legroom than all the others, and there's no give in the backrest because you're up against a concrete wall, so you'll need to contort your body to fit into it. Next you need to put on a cap to shield your eyes from piercing lights that are positioned along the scaffolding and point directly at you. And don't forget to squint so you can make out the players way down below. To be stuck up there when the stadium is half empty is a real special feeling. Did I mention there's a security camera directly ahead, hanging from the ceiling, just in case you have thoughts of moving about. And did you know that security still scan you as you walk into the stadium? People just accept this as normal now. See, if you treat people like criminals for long enough, or take away their freedoms or civil liberties for long enough, after awhile they just accept it, and forget what life used to be like. Why are they still scanning us? Is there still a 'war on terror'? I thought covid defeated terrorism. I haven't heard the words terror or terrorism roughly since the 'pandemic' started. Thank god for covid. No doubt when our leaders decide that the 'pandemic' is over, they'll switch our focus back to terrorism. One invisible threat replaces another. So yes, I spread my arms out, and did a little pirouette just like I was told. And then I scanned my phone like a good little slave, so my government knows my whereabouts at all times (in the name of covid of course). And my car almost broke down at the entrance. That is a moment of sheer terror. When you pay the entrance fee, and then put your foot on the accelerator and nothing happens. Instead the engine light comes on. Sheer ******** terror. So the game hadn't even started yet, and I was already in a foul mood. The players come out, and there's no banner. Pathetic. Now I'm fuming. The players take their positions, and instead of Steele & Mayne on the wings, it's a couple of kids, Brown & Noble. Now I'm depressed. Then I start to feel sick. I get the shivers, then the sweats, a headache and a fever. So this morning I took the test. You know, the PCR test. Until now I thought the test was just a fraudulent piece of crap that gives false positives, but god damn if it didn't pinpoint the exact cause of my symptoms. It wasn't covid at all, it was from the umpiring. So be warned everyone attending games the rest of round 1, the umpiring might cause covid like symptoms. It doesn't mean you're sick, it's just the influence of what's his name, s**t sibling of whiskers, stripping away the essence of aussie rules, on year at a time. If he really wants the ball to land on the wing from a kick-out, maybe he should grow a pair, and do what he always wanted - shorten the field. Maybe all the games should be at the SCG. Let's transfer the whole competition to Sydney and play on a little toy field. Just for Hocking. You know how to open the game up? Pay a free kick once in a while. No need to change rules, just get the umps to do their ******* job. How dare they 'put the whistle away' for the first 45 minutes of the game last night. Absolute disgrace. The last quarter was a farce. Players cramping. In fact they were already doing that in time on of the 3rd, and umpires so dejected that they didn't even recall a center bounce when it landed outside the circle. And did you see the player run off their mark instead of standing still in the last quarter, and the umps just put it in the too hard basket. They've had enough. And why wouldn't they. Every year it takes them about a month to settle down, because of rule changes. As a supporter I shouldn't have to wait a month. I said three years ago that Hocking was the most dangerous thing in the history of aussie rules, and he needs to be stopped. The only thing worse than umpiring is the crappy after match show on SEN, with a guy called Damien Watson. Jesus christ. This guy has cornered the moron demographic. But it doesn't have to be that way Damian. You set the tone. Might as well just play music Damian. Don't even bother with talkback. The game was fraught with danger for Buckley. Can you imagine the furore if the Pies won the game, and once again he failed to give the Bulldogs enough credit in his aftermatch presser? Remember that? A couple of years ago he gets a media beating for 7 days straight, for supposedly not giving the Bulldogs enough credit. WTF. In the meantime, a lowlife like Scott completely gets away with crap like 'Richmond aren't as good this year as last year'. Publicly slanders another club and gets away with it. Double standard. I don't think I've said it yet this year, so I might as well take care of it now - **** the media. On a positive note, Crisp is finally back in the midfield, after 4 years trying to find a replacement for him in defense, looks like Quaynor's the chosen one. Big shoes to fill. Good luck kid. When Jack slotted that goal it felt like old times. Also I shared an elevator with Darcy Moore's old man last night. I was cool as a cucumber. No staring. No autograph. A sizeable man though. Enormous. Incredibly large head.

Back