Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 10 - Giants v Eagles Sun May 23rd 1:10pm EST (GS)

Who will win and by how much?

• Giants by a goal or less

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Giants by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Giants by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eagles by a lot

• Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Black Saab

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 14, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
GWS +100 in disposals and +30 in tackles.

Lazy effort from WC again.
Agreed.

The other stat I was surprised by was the number of uncontested marks way in favour of the Giants. GWS are still very sharp by foot obviously but I would have thought WCE would have matched them in this stat.

Black Saab

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 14, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Richmond won a premiership away from home
Eagles cant beat average teams

Even though this giants win puts Richmond out of the 8
I love seeing this over rated eagles team get beaten
Yeah but who cares about being outside the 8 in May???

As Richmond supporters we've had a couple of results go our way this round despite losing on Friday night. Sydney and WCE are good results for us because they keep us in right in the mix. If the Power go down today too that will also be pretty helpful.

fnerd

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2009
Castilly rock
AFL Club
Fremantle
Really? We've caught them dead to rights holding in front of goal and nothing. Cole gets smashed in the head, player land in his back and then he gets pinged for a throw.

Cole tackled just then, never had the ball and it's play on.

I mean, our midfield has spudded it up but the umpires are clearly on the take for GWS this game.
You were kissed on the dick all game as usual yet your still whinging about the ups?...like cripps whinging over a non mark despite the kick going 3 metres ,whingw whinge whinge ,its what wc players do after every contest they don't win and their supporters are no different

May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Come on man, the Eagles have been very average today and the Giants out worked them.

West Coast are a very puzzling side.
Yes, the midfield spudded it up and the backline made some pretty odd decisions.

Pretty frustrating watching the umps call frees for GWS, yet when the exact same thing happens 2 seconds later for us it's play on.

I mean, Allen took a mark and was getting to his feet and a GWS player just straight up tackled him and the umpire didn't pay 50...

That and having to put up with the GWS cheer squad commentating the game.

AFL officiating/media is utterly pathetic.

Black Saab

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 14, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Dumbest bandwagoning fanbase going around.
Lots of these Eagles posters dominate the Richmond game day thread when the Tigers lose, yourself included.

But anyway, seriously, WCE are an enigma. They looked to have the far superior side on paper going in but they just never got going...again.

Still, it's only May.

May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
You were kissed on the dick all game as usual yet your still whinging about the ups?...like cripps whinging over a non mark despite the kick going 3 metres ,whingw whinge whinge ,its what wc players do after every contest they don't win and their supporters are no different
Mate, we got smashed by the umps.

Please refrain from commenting as it's obvious you're totally unable to take off your purple-coloured glasses when watching WCE play.

I think you're confusing the players whinging to the umps with Geelong players.

And yes, Cripps having a whinge over a 3m kick was pretty funny.

May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Lots of these Eagles posters dominate the Richmond game day thread when the Tigers lose, yourself included.

But anyway, seriously, WCE are an enigma. They looked to have the far superior side on paper going in but they just never got going...again.

Still, it's only May.
Missing Yeo and Shuey badly. Also perplexing selection decisions in regards to playing so tall for whatever reason.

Both Hurn and Ryan very underdone coming back in, probably should've had a run in the WAFL first.

Black Saab

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 14, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Yes, the midfield spudded it up and the backline made some pretty odd decisions.

Pretty frustrating watching the umps call frees for GWS, yet when the exact same thing happens 2 seconds later for us it's play on.

I mean, Allen took a mark and was getting to his feet and a GWS player just straight up tackled him and the umpire didn't pay 50...

That and having to put up with the GWS cheer squad commentating the game.

AFL officiating/media is utterly pathetic.
Didn't you carry on on Friday night laughing at Richmond supporters re the free kicks?

Eagles should have won this game hands down. They had the better side but yet again they just looked very flat.

What you undoubtedly have in your favour is clean ball usage that can quickly result in goals and it keeps your side in the contest but they needed more than that today. Giants worked harder but they have been surprising. They are still a dangerous side despite the missing personnel.

Black Saab

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 14, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Missing Yeo and Shuey badly. Also perplexing selection decisions in regards to playing so tall for whatever reason.

Both Hurn and Ryan very underdone coming back in, probably should've had a run in the WAFL first.
Yeah Ryan did not at all look like the dangerous game breaker he became before his injury. Just needs more game time.

But even missing Yeo and Shuey I would have thought there was more than sufficient fire power loaded to handle the Giants. Then again, I'm probably writing GWS off too much??

Back