Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 10 - Lions v Tigers Fri May 21st 7:50pm EST (Gabba) Tigercast Link in OP - Special Guest Justin Charles!

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Other than Bolton the others would be below almost every lions midfielder regardless. I'd say this would be blood bath but you have one D.Martin who can win the game by himself.

Cotchin, Prestia, Edwards below almost every lion's mids, what are you smoking?

True Dusty can win games off his own boot but this is going to be a much higher mountain to climb!

Can't see Richmond winning this unless they take out our players behind play like they did last week.
lol,You watched AFL 360,don’t worry ,the umps will go in dry(again) against the Tigers.

These media articles are there to reinforce that.

Make up some rubbish about us being dirty to give the umps an excuse to rort us.

Other than Bolton the others would be below almost every lions midfielder regardless. I'd say this would be blood bath but you have one D.Martin who can win the game by himself.
Gotta be joking. Cotchin, Prestia, Edwards and Lambert allegedly no good lol

Combined midfield with all available I'd go with >

Nankervis, Neale, Cotchin.
McCluggage, Edwards, Bolton.

Bench 3 mids- Lyons, Prestia, Zorko.

Dusty fwd/mid.

Our forward line is starting to click now. Playing way better than what we showed in the first few rounds.

If Tigers don't cut off our supply in the middle, we'll win well.

Will be interesting to see what tactics Dimma and co come up with, another test of their expansive thinking capabilities. Tiges have pretty good form under the pump.

Will be interesting to see what tactics Dimma and co come up with, another test of their expansive thinking capabilities. Tiges have pretty good form under the pump.
I don’t think Richmond will be intimidated by the Lions.
Umps will scare us though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This game will come down to whether the Lions can exploit our midfield or not. The team injury comparison is not really like for like. Richmond's injuries are all in the same area of the ground which is why its effect is compounded. I think missing Rayner and Neale from the center certainly hurts but not to the same extent the absence of Cotchin, Prestia, Edwards and Bolton.

Probably the greatest effect of missing these players though, is their onfield leadership. I can't tell you the amount of times Cotchin single handedly dragged the rest of the side across the line with his determination and on field heroics. Edwards hands creates space for others, Prestia is a warhorse and Bolton arguably our best player this year. So why I could talk about others players we're missing as well, it is the leadership and class we are missing all from the one key area of the ground that really hurts our chances tomorrow night...

Tigers by 32

I actually like opportunities these injuries are giving our development players. This is effectively a free hit for our club and who knows, we might uncover some hidden gems. Even from last weeks game, I'm excited by RCD; his strength and pose around goal. I'm thrilled to find that Baker was so clean through the middle and a weapon by foot. I'm pleased to see that Manfield can play forward as well as back. I'm impressed by Naish's sublime ball use and speed on the wing. All of this, I would not have seen if not for injuries and opportunity.

So why many think the result of this game is a given, I actually think we will surprize and win the game. Our forwardline will keep their backmen accountable - Andrews will need to match up on Lynch for starters - and our backline will trouble their list of talls. Who else loves to see Cameron v Grimes match up?! Cameron beat him last time with Grimes winning previously. Grimes is a proud man and will not have forgotten Cameron's victory last time they meet. He'll be out for revenge.

As always, it will be a game of tactics, styles and adaptability from the box. I think Brisbane should win given our outs but if its close early then watch out!

I actually like opportunities these injuries are giving our development players. This is effectively a free hit for our club and who knows, we might uncover some hidden gems. Even from last weeks game, I'm excited by RCD; his strength and pose around goal. I'm thrilled to find that Baker was so clean through the middle and a weapon by foot. I'm pleased to see that Manfield can play forward as well as back. I'm impressed by Naish's sublime ball use and speed on the wing. All of this, I would not have seen if not for injuries and opportunity.

So why many think the result of this game is a given, I actually think we will surprize and win the game. Our forwardline will keep their backmen accountable - Andrews will need to match up on Lynch for starters - and our backline will trouble their list of talls. Who else loves to see Cameron v Grimes match up?! Cameron beat him last time with Grimes winning previously. Grimes is a proud man and will not have forgotten Cameron's victory last time they meet. He'll be out for revenge.

As always, it will be a game of tactics, styles and adaptability from the box. I think Brisbane should win given our outs but if its close early then watch out!
That's more like it!

Liam Baker is an extremely good player, clean hands, lace out passes, tackler, and always bounces up after being thrown down. Don't forget the mongrel haircut. He should be a cult figure at Punt Rd, if not already.

BRISBANE LIONS v RICHMOND

Friday May 21, 7.50pm at the Gabba

LIONS

B: Coleman, Andrews, Starcevich
HB: Rich, Adams, Birchall

C: Zorko, Bailey, McCluggage

HF: Ah Chee, Daniher, McCarthy
F: McStay, Hipwood, Cameron

FOLL: McInerney, Lyons, Robinson

I/C: Robertson, Prior, Mathieson, Madden

EMG: T.Berry, Fullarton, Ballenden, Michael

IN: Madden
OUT: Gardiner, Lester (both injured)

TIGERS

B: Broad, Balta, Grimes
HB: Short, Vlastuin, Ralphsmith

C: McIntosh, Collier-Dawkins, Pickett

HF: Rioli, Naish, Castagna
F: Lynch, Martin, Riewoldt

FOLL: Nankervis, Baker, Graham

I/C: Ross, Houli, Aarts, Astbury

EMG: Dow, Caddy, Coleman-Jones, Martyn

IN: N/A
OUT: Mansell (managed)

Everything points to a Brisbane win, IMHO.
Tigers by 43... with hope in my heart.

Back