Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 10 - Lions v Tigers Fri May 21st 7:50pm EST (Gabba) Tigercast Link in OP - Special Guest Justin Charles!

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

4D3C7199-1CD8-48B4-9709-5420874608A7.png
4TH V 8TH

AFL 2021 PREMIERSHIP SEASON
BRISBANE V RICHMOND
FRIDAY MAY 21ST 7:50PM EST (GABBA)

C4C09479-AA41-4EFA-A0A9-D0A4F59D5D60.png
TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY’S OWN SYSTEM
$1000 IN CASH PRIZES

Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won.

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

F9AD579B-B173-4043-AC8B-60076B66F2BB.jpeg
:play: CLICK HERE Current episode: S05 EP13 Featuring Jusin Charles!
Review of GWS game - Free kick theories discussed - Preview of Brisbane Lions game
Plus much more!

You can also subscribe and follow us on social media at the below links:
YouTube iTunes Spotify Facebook Twitter

TEAMS

LIONS

B: Coleman, Andrews, Starcevich
HB: Rich, Adams, Birchall
C: Zorko, Bailey, McCluggage
HF: Ah Chee, Daniher, McCarthy
F: McStay, Hipwood, Cameron
FOLL: McInerney, Lyons, Robinson

I/C: Robertson, Prior, Mathieson, Madden
EMG: T.Berry, Fullarton, Ballenden, Michael

IN: Madden
OUT: Gardiner, Lester (both injured)

TIGERS
B: Broad, Balta, Grimes
HB: Short, Vlastuin, Ralphsmith
C: McIntosh, Collier-Dawkins, Pickett
HF: Rioli, Naish, Castagna
F: Lynch, Martin, Riewoldt
FOLL: Nankervis, Baker, Graham

I/C: Ross, Houli, Aarts, Astbury
EMG: Dow, Caddy, Coleman-Jones, Martyn

IN: N/A
OUT: Mansell (managed)

Last edited:
For any Tiger fans out there, you can watch our weekly podcast show tonight live via Facebook, YouTube or Twitch!

We have a former Richmond player joining us tonight as well, a good friend of the show!

Yes we are well aware we have great heads for radio.. :p

If you want to watch the Pod, we will be going live around 8:30pm on the below platforms:

YouTube
Facebook
Twitch

Last edited:

We are going to be without two pretty key structural players for us in Lester and Darcy...can see Madden getting another run, not sure who else can come in.
I don't think it will matter mate. Take your 6 best midfielders, you can only keep 1 (who plays mostly forward anyway) and drop your best tap ruckman too.

You will likely cane us in the middle and it will show. This is a much bigger test than Giants in Melbourne, don't see us pulling it off twice.

Its hard to see where these 2 sides sit at the moment. Brissy have had a pretty soft draw and have beat up on teams that are pretty s**t at the moment. Tigers have scrapped out a few wins with a second string midfield and have had a harder draw coming up against sides in good form. This game probably wont tell us much but both need a win - if Brissy lose they'll be back in the pack - if Tiges lose they'll be 5-5 and things will be looking desperate.

Tigers love a good road trip up north but it may be a bit of a stretch this week. If the Tiges had one or two of Bolton, Edwards, Cotch or Prestia I think they'd win but I can see them losing - potentially pretty comfortably if the Lions get a bit of a run on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its hard to see where these 2 sides sit at the moment. Brissy have had a pretty soft draw and have beat up on teams that are pretty sh*t at the moment. Tigers have scrapped out a few wins with a second string midfield and have had a harder draw coming up against sides in good form. This game probably wont tell us much but both need a win - if Brissy lose they'll be back in the pack - if Tiges lose they'll be 5-5 and things will be looking desperate.

Tigers love a good road trip up north but it may be a bit of a stretch this week. If the Tiges had one or two of Bolton, Edwards, Cotch or Prestia I think they'd win but I can see them losing - potentially pretty comfortably if the Lions get a bit of a run on.

We started average. But seemingly hit form soon enough. We’re top 4 right now, knocked off Port at the Gabba and should’ve beaten Geelong in Geelong but were robbed. Dogs won well enough but we had our chances.

Both teams missing players through injury. Should be a good test of depth.

Last edited:
We started average. But seemingly hit form soon enough. We’re top 4 right now, knocked off Port at Adelaide oval and should’ve beaten Geelong in Geelong but were robbed. Dogs won well enough but we had our chances.

We played Port at the Gabba c101.

I expect Brisbane to win this relatively well.

But if the Tiger cubs can take another step it will be quite a tough game for the Brisbane midfield. However, you'd expect a top line midfield to beat up on a makeshift group like the Tigers.

If the tigers can equal in the midfield then the defensive outs for the the Lions give the Tiges a good chance.

So I expect about a 20 point Lions win. But it wouldn't shock if the Tigers do it 2 weeks in a row.

I see Brisbane getting on a run at some stage like GWS did at the start of the second quarter where we give up consecutive easy clearances for goals. Brisbane will then be too good to ever give that margin up and they probably run away with it late.

Given the home ground advantage and Richmond's midfield outs it would be both a strategic blow and a massive psychological hit to the Lions if they drop this game. With their potent forward line and presumed advantage in the midfield it really does stack up as a Brisbane win, but I doubt it will be a thumping. Tigers would need a monster Dusty game and /or superb transition out of defence into their forward line to get up. And yes, I know Neale and Rayner are missing , but one isn't coming back this season anyway and Neale isnt the equivalent of the numbers Richmond are missing.

Its hard to see where these 2 sides sit at the moment. Brissy have had a pretty soft draw and have beat up on teams that are pretty sh*t at the moment. Tigers have scrapped out a few wins with a second string midfield and have had a harder draw coming up against sides in good form. This game probably wont tell us much but both need a win - if Brissy lose they'll be back in the pack - if Tiges lose they'll be 5-5 and things will be looking desperate.

In the 9 games played so far, you've had 6 at the MCG, 2 at Marvel (that isn't travelling, it's three city blocks away), and one interstate game.

The teams we've both played thus far haven't been significantly dissimilar.

Not sure how you'd classify our draw as soft but not Richmond's.

Main players in and out since the QF in 2021. Could have missed some but I think this is correct.
Lions
Out: Neale, J Berry, Stef Martin, Lester, Gardiner, Rayner.
IN : Joe Daniher, Adams
Tigers
Out : Bolton, Lambert, Cotchin, Edwards, & Prestia
In : Tom Lynch
....................................................................................................

The Lions midfield should have an advantage over Tigers for this game. But they do have 3 relatively inexperienced players in the group
Lions midfield will line up something like this. Centre Bounce Attendance (CBA) from last game in brackets

Centre: McCluggage (10) - Deven Robinson (15) -Mitch Robinson (0)
Foll: McInerney (20) - Lyons (24) - Mathieson (18)
Forward/Mids : Zorko (14) - Bailey (9)
Bench: Jaxon Prior (0) comes onto the wing
Joe Daniher (10) : Relief Ruck
Rhys Mathieson 50 AFL games over 6 years (4 in last 2 years)
Deven Robinson 7 AFL games
Jaxon Prior 6 AFL games
I won't attempt the Tigers lineup but their CBA in brackets below from the GWS game

Collier-Dawkins (24), Nankervis (21) Dusty Martin (19), Baker (18), Graham (11), Pickett (8), Balta (6), Aarts (5), Vlastuin (4)

Should be a good test for our kids. Excited to see how they hold up.

Yes, but what people don't understand is it's one thing to have injuries but another when it's to a particular group of players, i.e 5 of our top 7 mids are out it really tests the depth which in all honesty you cannot replace.
Let's say you had Neale, McCluggage, Berry, Zorko and Lyons all out, I doubt you have players of this calibre waiting in the reserves.

We have Cotchin, Prestia, Bolton, Edwards and Lambert out, impossible to replace 5 top mids, we just don't have 5 premiership players playing in the reserves.
We brought in Hugo Ralpthsmith, Naish, Collier Dawkins etc and made some other moves, dimma put baker in the midfield which worked.

I would love it if we would get up but I think your midfield will be too strong for a depleted Richmond midfield.

Last edited:
Yes, but what people don't understand is it's one thing having injuries but when it's to a particular group of players, i.e 5 of our top 7 mids are out it really tests the depth which in all honesty you cannot replace.
Let's say you had Neale, McCluggage, Berry, Zorko and Lyons all out, I doubt you have players of this calibre waiting in the reserves.

We have Cotchin, Prestia, Bolton, Edwards and Lambert out, impossible to replace 5 top mids, we just don't have 5 premiership players playing in the reserves.
We bought in Hugo Ralpthsmith, Naish, Collier Dawkins etc and made some other moves, dimma put baker in the midfield which worked.

Might be a better comparison if you left Neale ,our best player ,in as you still have yours in. We also have a couple of kids in the middle both Prior and Robertson are on less then 10 games if memory serves. If Madden comes in to replace Lester it'll be his second game.

Regardless both teams have some significant outs so they basically cancel each other out

Back