Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 10 - Pies v Port Sun May 23rd 3:20pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez, it must be frustrating being a Pies fan.

They come charging out of the blocks, looking like a really solid team when they're running and attacking. Then after 1/4 time, they go back into a defensive, creep-around-the-boundary, sideways kicking style that lets the opposition back in.

I've seen them do this many times now, so it must be some sort of instruction or strategy. But I can't imagine why you wouldn't just keep going with what's working....

To be fair, Grundy played bloody well

I thought he tried harder and did more than any of his teammates to get the Pies home.
Even in the final minutes, he was busting a gut and having an influence

Wasn't his fault the Pies suck.

What's happened to Sidebottom? He is a mere shadow of the gun All-Australian Brownlow runner-up from 2018
He looks cooked to me. Might be time to retire.

fair call. He was their best IMO and will forever cop flak as a result of the size and length of the contract, none of which are his fault but attribute to pies lost management.
Sidebum fumbling the handball receive in the forward 50 in the final couple mins was costly. He and Pendlebury tho, as their elder statesmen, are still in their top 6 which doesn’t bode well for their future.

Not too disappointed to see the like of McCreery and Poulter showing they’ve got what it takes at the top level. Would like to see Macrae, Henry and Murphy spend more time in the top 22 to give Pies fans a better idea of what the future will hold.

Fair enough, but are they better then Treloar or Stephenson?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok fair enough, you talking about Grundy falling over himself? Please clarify.
They're talking about the "deliberate OOB" call which was slightly deflected by the Melbourne player - no way the umpire saw it and you need slow mo on the replay to see it.

Back