Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 11 - Dogs v Demons Fri May 28th 7:50pm EST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 31 43.1%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Its hard to see the dogs beating Melbourne in a final at the G. It's a lot easier at the G to force teams wide and have to kick it down the line which will suit Melbourne a lot more than tonight.

True but there's also more space to open things up if you can move the ball quickly. Think we play the Dogs at the G in August, will be an interesting game to see what they do differently to counter our defensive system.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs supporters have quietened down, you came up against a good opponent without your usual armchair ride from the umpis and got a reality check.

Well done Dees, they are the real deal, legit premiership contenders.

Dogs supporters have quietened down, you came up against a good opponent without your usual armchair ride from the umpis and got a reality check.

Well done Dees, they are the real deal, legit premiership contenders.

If only we got to play your spineless mob every week...

If only we got to play your spineless mob every week...
Kind of sums the Bulldogs up

Flat track bullies who buckle under pressure against hard contested teams

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Beveridge gamestyle too easy to breakdown. If you sustain tackle pressure they turn the ball over.
They look great against teams that can’t do it though.

It takes a lot of discipline to sustain the pressure because it was not just the pressure on the first and second touch, it was the pressure on the third and fourth flip possession that caused the error. Harmes was excellent at body pressuring Liberatore too, and knocking him off the ball as he tried to pick it up, or knocking him as he disposed which really disrupted their flow - they rely so heavily on him getting it out to the space their other mids hold to start that flip chain to buy more space.

Bulldogs still looked really dangerous on the occasions they successfully flipped it into space.

Bevo backed in his game plan and didn’t want to adjust to Melbourne’s intercepting setup. Lever had 13 intercept possessions and there were a total of 33 between four of our back six. Crows went to work on that.
Saying that, our pressure around the footy was great and the dogs just couldn’t move the footy once they got it. We also exposed them down back with 16 inside 50 marks. Also helped by some good ball movement from us.

Dees were fantastic last night. If they bring that high pressure game in finals it will hold them in good stead.
Question mark over the Dogs under pressure. Both their losses have come at the hands of teams bringing extreme pressure - if that’s their kryptonite they will struggle later in the year. Granted, I did not see arguably their best win of the year vs Port who are also a good pressure team so I’m willing to hear what they did differently in that game that they can repeat later because it’s not an awfully large sample size to question them over.

Bevo backed in his game plan and didn’t want to adjust to Melbourne’s intercepting setup. Lever had 13 intercept possessions and there were a total of 33 between four of our back six. Crows went to work on that.
Saying that, our pressure around the footy was great and the dogs just couldn’t move the footy once they got it. We also exposed them down back with 16 inside 50 marks. Also helped by some good ball movement from us.

I reckon that’s fair enough. If you think you are a top team and have the talent, do your thing during the H&A season and test it against other top teams to work out if it’s effective in preparation for the finals. Some Bulldogs supporters are saying they switched far more often than usual so I don’t know if that was a planned tactic to try and disrupt Melbourne’s defence, or something that happened because of Melbourne’s defence on the night.

If you’re not a top team and you know you can’t win on talent, like the Crows last week, then you go hard at tactics to counter act your opponent first and foremost. The Crows still needed a bit of luck to go their way for it to pay off. It did expose that Melbourne setup to defend the hot spot, and there is opportunity for relatively easy marks 45 out on the flanks if you want them.

Dees were fantastic last night. If they bring that high pressure game in finals it will hold them in good stead.
Question mark over the Dogs under pressure. Both their losses have come at the hands of teams bringing extreme pressure - if that’s their kryptonite they will struggle later in the year. Granted, I did not see arguably their best win of the year vs Port who are also a good pressure team so I’m willing to hear what they did differently in that game that they can repeat later because it’s not an awfully large sample size to question them over.
You could tell from the first bounce we were in for a bad night.

In the Port game they came at us with everything in the second but we held our ground.

Melbourne put pressure on at times but not to the extent of Port. The first quarter 4-5 of Melbourne’s goals were pretty much from un pressured turnovers by us.

Dale the best kick in the league kicked it to Melbourne players once or twice inside our own 50 under no pressure. Macrae did it. Daniel did. I don’t think Cordy did and that’s surprising since he’s probably our worst kick in the backline.

Back