Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 11 - Eagles v Bombers Sat May 29th 7:40pm EST (Optus)

Who will win and by how much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You have to question what their motives are for constantly making out that flying from perth to melbourne to play is so much easier than flying from melbourne to perth to play is.

It's almost like repetition of a task improves your ability. Who'd have thunk.

Last edited:
It's not all that hard. Everyone's out to deny WA its rightful place as masters of the universe.
If you got nothing at your games but interstate commentators waffling s**t about how impossible it is to win in victoria whilst writing your team off as pretenders when you lose interstate EVERY SINGLE GAME you would probably understand a bit better.

If you got nothing at your games but interstate commentators waffling sh*t about how impossible it is to win in victoria whilst writing your team off as pretenders when you lose interstate EVERY SINGLE GAME you would probably understand a bit better.

Oh I understand perfectly well ;).

Yep, and look where Collingwood are at now too. Hawthorn made the 8, Melbourne beat them in finals after years in the wilderness.

Not a strong year for footy, and the Eagles capitalised.
90s and 00s were littered with great teams
10s/20s aside from Hawthorns 3peat and a choking geelong side are the only lists Id consider great.

even this year you have a good Richmond list (finally experiencing what its like to have injuries)
and up and coming dees, lions, port team, and a resurgent dogs team. none of which I'd consider 'great' lists

Last edited:
It's almost like repetition of a task improves your ability. Who'd have thunk.
So if i train twice as much and twice as you - the commentators should waffle on about have brave you are because you do half the training?

and ignore the extra injuries and stress on the body that accompanies extra training?

You're really weird. I can't tell if you're a troll account playing an idiot for laughs. Kelly going down in the match hurt no doubt, missing McGovern will change the way your team sets up and your midfield doesn't have the depth to miss Shuey. But the fact that you're naming players who were out there tonight as part of the reason you have injury problems makes my head spin. I just don't know how to help you. Stringer just returned from injury.

As I said, Essendon has been missing Hurley all year and Francis was out tonight. That has a similar impact on our backline as McGovern does to yours. Shiel and Caldwell have been out for nearly the whole season. You would expect that to have the same impact as Shuey missing, but instead, we've found that Parish is doing as well as Shiel has ever done and Merrett is getting back to his best.

Out best ruckman is out and when we were struggling early in the year he was a bright light. His backup ruck and a marking target that would have stretched your intercept marking defenders was out tonight too. Thankfully, our backup ruckman competed well against Nic Nat.

The umpiring tonight was not a big impact on the game. There was a slight bias towards the home side (there always is) but it wasn't too bad tonight and Essendon even got a few bullshit frees go their way.

The biggest impact on this game was the crazy amount of pressure Essendon put on for the whole game. They outran your midfield and won the stoppages from the start of the game, including when Kelly was playing. If it wasn't for Essendon's wastefulness in front of goal and West Coast's fantastic accuracy then it would have been a blowout for the bombers.

The injury list you're talking about (the fact that you can't find that with google is very sad) was for rounds 1-7. That is a month ago. If you stayed up to date you'd see that GWS and Freo have since gone past you. That is also not talking about the number of injuries, that is taking into account missing player's Champion data rating. However, if I were to use Essendon as an example, clearly Francis is not rating anywhere near as much as McGovern in champion data ranking. That does not mean that Francis missing doesn't have a similar impact on how Essendon's defence as McGovern does for West Coast. It is an attempt to use secondary data to give a richer data representation of the impact on injuries, however, like all uses of data it always going to fall short in telling the whole story. It is always important to read the footnotes about the justification for any measure taken when data modelling.
Outstanding post that deserves more credit. Both sides hit by injury, as every team in the comp is. For Eagles supporters to list players on their injury list that actually played last night is ridiculous. Also saying Yeo and Naitanui are on managed minutes being an excuse, is nobody’s fault but West Coast. If NicNat still can’t mange to run out a whole game, then don’t pick him. Same with Yeo - clearly shouldn’t have played tonight especially with NicNat spending nearly half of every game on the bench. Eventually it will catch up with you when you get injuries during a game, as it did tonight. That means it is a selection error.

The problem in the West, is that the media makes Eagles supporters think that there injuries are more important than any other teams. GWS, Freo, Collingwood, Richmond, North and Essendon have all had injuries, effecting their lists just as badly as West Coasts. Essendon were fantastic last night, and there are some really bright prospects amongst their youngsters. They completely outplayed West Coast all night.

We are missing our no1 mid norm smith and multiple club champ shuey

multiple aa mcgovern

A kelly went down in the game with oalken

Liam duggan and alex witherden.

yeo underdone.

to say injuries wasnt a factor is ridiculous.

kelly was our last first choice mid and yeo is so underdone you could do a gordon ramsey meme about him. Being down a rotation doesnt help.

Whining about the umps on the other hand im ma play a straight bat and say gtfo. Wasnt a factor.

do I think it was a well umpired game - no - do i think any game is well umpired these days - no

The vfl has made umpiring impossible with endless subjective umpiring rules added to “rule of the week” bullshit.

Id hate to be an umpire of the modern game.

with the benefit of replays and slow mo 2/3rd of the commentary team ends up dissagreeing with the other 1/3rd on decisions they have replayed from every angle.

Its absolutely ruining this great game of victorias.

I acknowledged your injuries. I just think that this angle doesn't take into account that other sides have it worse than West Coast. I also don't think West Coast fans are taking Essendon's injury list into account.
Outstanding post that deserves more credit. Both sides hit by injury, as every team in the comp is. For Eagles supporters to list players on their injury list that actually played last night is ridiculous. Also saying Yeo and Naitanui are on managed minutes being an excuse, is nobody’s fault but West Coast. If NicNat still can’t mange to run out a whole game, then don’t pick him. Same with Yeo - clearly shouldn’t have played tonight especially with NicNat spending nearly half of every game on the bench. Eventually it will catch up with you when you get injuries during a game, as it did tonight. That means it is a selection error.

The problem in the West, is that the media makes Eagles supporters think that there injuries are more important than any other teams. GWS, Freo, Collingwood, Richmond, North and Essendon have all had injuries, effecting their lists just as badly as West Coasts. Essendon were fantastic last night, and there are some really bright prospects amongst their youngsters. They completely outplayed West Coast all night.

I imagine being a West Coast supporter would be like me getting the footy news from my mum. The woman who I have to tell at Essendon games that opposition players are allowed to look at Essendon players and Essendon players aren't allowed to roundhouse anyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You lot are quite lippy for a mob that couldn't beat Hawthorn after being 40 up. Even poor old LOLNORF took care of them.

I think you should be more congratulatory of Essendon. Considering they were having to play through the hangover of winning North's grand final the week before.

I acknowledged your injuries. I just think that this angle doesn't take into account that other sides have it worse than West Coast. I also don't think West Coast fans are taking Essendon's injury list into account.

I imagine being a West Coast supporter would be like me getting the footy news from my mum. The woman who I have to tell at Essendon games that opposition players are allowed to look at Essendon players and Essendon players aren't allowed to roundhouse anyone.
We are out of first picked mids - we got an underdone yeo back and lost kelly.

basically running a b side of mids out there - and we gotslaughtered through the middle.

Who are essendons three best midfielders?

The problem in the West, is that the media makes Eagles supporters think that there injuries are more important than any other teams.

In the west, the media makes eagles supporters think everything about them is bigger and more important than any other teams issues.

The whole world is against them.

We are out of first picked mids - we got an underdone yeo back and lost kelly.

basically running a b side of mids out there - and we gotslaughtered through the middle.

Who are essendons three best midfielders?

This year our most important mids are Parish, Merrett and McGrath with Stringer providing a big body at centre bounces. Unfortunately, Stringer didn't really contribute to that last week as he was coming back from injury also missing Draper, Shiel and Caldwell from centre square this year. It is pretty sad for West Coast that a developing team has more depth through the middle.

This year our most important mids are Parish, Merrett and McGrath with Stringer providing a big body at centre bounces. Unfortunately, Stringer didn't really contribute to that last week as he was coming back from injury also missing Draper, Shiel and Caldwell from centre square this year. It is pretty sad for West Coast that a developing team has more depth through the middle.
You wont find any arguments here - since we drafted shuey we have not drafted another good mid

our a grade mids have been poached - yeo from brisbane, kelly from geelong

even redden was a brisbane raid.

its a source of much angst on our board that we can pick kp and rucks without even trying but we cant pick mids to save our lives.

Back