Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 11 - Pies v Cats Sat May 29th 1:45pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Buckley does this because he is thinking about himself and not the club. He knows that if the team get drubbed every week, then his tenure is as good as over.

So by limiting damage in playing a defensive gameplan that makes Ross Lyons look like a blitzkrieg in comparison gives him these small losses that will hopefully get him a contract extension at the expense of the future of the club. It’s all about him.
Rubbish and your a Magpie?

I reckon I've complained about tiggy touchwood rulings maybe a 1000 times and I have made the point about momentum destroyed , murdered , unfairly disabled by umpires , and it is because they are so indoctirnated into these new rules over the last 20 years to a point of ridiculousness where no common sense is allowed to umpires , like robots they just call the nonsebnse thats presented to them by their bosses and I guess this Hocking fellow.
In the last quarter of this game Collingwood looked like running on and over , and had maged to get to 16 points I think in arrears but on the momentum movement,Geelong got the ball away passing their half back line looking to me to be in the middle area of the ground, they were off, they were run down by a Collingwood fellow, the player running for Geelong that was caught with the ball, by a desperate tackle, please tell me it wasn't the perennial shoulder dipper and practised at it so much it is almost cheating Selwood, I was flicking between games and I just caught it with the sound off, but it killed Collingwood who tried to keep coming but that free which was barely above the shoulder if at all, had the ball go doown the ground and I think Big Tom marked and goaled. I WONDERED IF IT WAS THE "DUCKER" THAT GOT RUN DOWN, BECAUSE IN THE REAL TRUE SPIRIT OF OUR GAME, WHERE THE MAN TRYING HIS HEART OUT AND JUST MAKING IT AND CATCHING HIS OPPONENT , WELL SOMEONE WITH FOOTBALL NOUS IN THE FOOTBALL WORLD OF UMPIRING WOULD GIVE THE GAME MAKER AND THE GREAT CHASER, THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT ESPECIALLY IN CLOSE HARD FIGHTING CIRCUMSTANCES. , THE BALL SHOULD HAVE GONE BACK INTO COLLINGWOOD'S FORWARD LINE, MAYBE MAKE NO DIFFERENCE? bUT WHO KNOWS AND IT IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF HOW THE OFFICIALS WHO RUN OPUR GAME, HAVE TURNED IT INTO A MATCH WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO TACKLE OR CATCH YOUR OPPONENT WITH ENDEAVOUR, BUT A LOT OF TIMES DO NOT GET ANY REWARD, THERE WAS NO DAMAGE TO THE GEELONG BLOKE HE WAS CAUGHT PLAIN AND SIMPLY THE ABOVE THE SHOULDER WAS JUST IGNORANCE AND ROBOTICS FROM THE UMPIRE. Because it didn't look high compared to other paid or worse just left, but the Cat got caught. Gee, I hope it wasn't Selwood?
Now look, I follow Hawthorn, I don't care that much who wins out of Geelong and Collingwood, but these instances of umpire overkill don't just ruin a chance in that game today, it happens every week in every game and it is true that perceptions by different adjudicating individuals do not really add up to fairness when the official is forced to be so damned pedantic and "robot perfect" in calling non-deserving penalties, as the game rolls and there is momentum. One did today. Technically it may have been legit, in the spirit of the game it was so dodgy as to call it one way or the other, the least it should have been was a ball up, but no way, we know who got the free?

For what its worth I don't really care when I get rubbished about complaining, but I don't make it up, it happens all the time and the AFL seem to not even see it, just let it go on. We have a free kick run game now!

When everyone knows nowadays that some matches are turned on their heads by free-kicks, from penalties in lots of cases are almost impossible the way they are written, for players to defend or attack, you know arm ppunching ans finger nail misdemeanours that can't be helped yet they are called and the players are stuffed to even complain
The way this autocratic AFL runs itself I think it is almost too late to change what they have turned the game into.

Lots of it, our great game, is spectacular and brilliant, BUT!!!!!!! Lots and lots also, of umpire calls, with the use Hockings abominable rule changes, make the game unfair in some instances. Umpire doing exactly what he has to, because of an off field official that kills games , does any one out there remember this sort of thing happening so often in our sport in the past decades???
And also we have the legacy left by this AFL administration, of an umpire driven free-kick sport, over complicated nonsense, even in a grand final, so worrying about that doesn't matter its already happened.
Anyone??

The full stop button is usually just next to the comma.

In a years time with Nick Daicos dominating the league, our kids have more games in them and with Porkins, Duckwood, Smith & Higgins all approaching 40, we will destroy them.
Only lost by 10 points without Adams, Howe, Elliott & Grundy off injured...
And one momentum killing free against in the last!

In a years time with Nick Daicos dominating the league, our kids have more games in them and with Porkins, Duckwood, Smith & Higgins all approaching 40, we will destroy them.
Only lost by 10 points without Adams, Howe, Elliott & Grundy off injured...
congrats on the solid effort vs our VFL team, might be able to kicked more than 1 goal to 3/4 time in a few years if Nick Daicos isn't a huge potato like his brother

That wasn't an honourable loss. We we putrid for about 95% of the game. Yet only lost by bugger all. That was my point - a Melbourne or Brisbane would have had their war with us today by 12+ goals. Granted they had a few guys out but I wouldn't have thought they would shake things up at the pointy end.
I wasn’t disagreeing with you, but I’m sure frustrated with these ‘close’ losses after playing absolutely s**t football.

My Collingwood mate tells me Geelong only had Danger Guthrie Duncan Blicavs out. Lol

They finally had no Josh Thomas that’s unfair Geelong play them without him spudding it up.

My Collingwood mate tells me Geelong only had Danger Guthrie Duncan Blicavs out. Lol

They finally had no Josh Thomas that’s unfair Geelong play them without him spudding it up.
Your Collingwood mate forgot to add O’Connor, Miers, and Simpson

selwood with 4. gets the most free kicks again, and actually doubled/tripled or quadrupled the amount of any other player on the park. staggering.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tommy has played a really good game today

How was that kick in the third quarter on the defensive side of the centre square to Atkins (I think) on the attacking end of the square? Atkins was on the goalside of an opponent, right on his hammer, and the ball kind of went past both of them, hung in the air and hooked slightly, so Atkins basically took an uncontested mark. Just an exquisite kick on a day when good skills were in short supply. It was an Ablett Jr 'How the hell did his put that in there?' head scratcher. Unsurprisingly it didn't rate a mention from the brains trust of Howie, Dwyane, Brown and Lewis.

I guess I'll keep reminding myself of how I felt heading into this game: that four points (and no injury concerns) was a great result however it came about. But Geelong people do have to ask some serious questions following that dire second half. All other things being equal, if the crowd is in there, or if Grundy doesn't go down, that's probably enough to make the difference.

Higgins really needs to be on notice I think. Those third quarter, 40m out, slight angle, nail in the coffin opportunities have to be his bread and butter. He squandered two chances to really suck the life out of an opponent against St Kilda and two more today. If he can't be relied on to convert those, I think he's got some convincing to do that he deserves a spot in the best 22.

Good to get a jump early, we can usually tell with Collingwood v Geelong games. When they beat us, they generally start red hot. So on to the break (presumably) and a huge task after we come back to break our curse of the bye. Hopefully a few soldiers back, a fair few who could make way from today's performance.

Last edited:
I just watched the kayo mini, extended highlights package. They resorted to showing switches that ended in defensive spoils. Suggests it may have been a sub par game.

I just watched the kayo mini, extended highlights package. They resorted to showing switches that ended in defensive spoils. Suggests it may have been a sub par game.
Geelong severely depleted vs Collingwood severely s**t, what did you expect?

Back