Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 12 - Blues v Eagles Sun June 6th 3:20pm EST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Pickering on SEN was pretty scathing about the talent cards Teague has been dealt.

Their over rated Weitering led defence continues to leak despite the addition of high priced recruits.

Thought Cripps and Walsh were just ok. The latter needs composure with his disposal.

A team that relies on heroic old stagers like Murphy and Betts is not going anywhere.
Carlton’s disgracefully bad Bolton teams still managed to make themselves a bit of a pest defensively at times.

I don’t think you need a side loaded with stars to make things difficult for the opposition.

Teague is coaching a team to not put in the required efforts defensively.

Carlton’s disgracefully bad Bolton teams still managed to make themselves a bit of a pest defensively at times.

I don’t think you need a side loaded with stars to make things difficult for the opposition.

Teague is coaching a team to not put in the required efforts defensively.

Aye. It does not help that your mids don't chase and that some in your backline like Weitering and the imports are on the bathwater.

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Aye. It does not help that your mids don't chase and that some in your backline like Weitering and the imports are on the bathwater.
Weitering is fine. Least of our worries.

Midfielders don’t run two ways and don’t win the footy enough. Forwards don’t apply enough pressure and some of our other defenders are just useless at defending.

But Teague is absolutely responsible for implementing a garbage gameplan that revolves around quick moving footy going forward. The club doesn’t have the foot skills to execute properly nor does it have the pressure players needed to win the ball back. Things are dire from constant turnovers leading to players being out of position and unable to stop the opposition spreading.

Brunswick Trap King

Lord Mayor of Melbourne
Jun 1, 2009
Brunswick
AFL Club
West Coast
Would challenge anyone to find a club who has had as many of their promising players get seriously injured in previous times. I’m not talking about pissy little injuries either.

It’s not the reason the club is where they are but it hurts as a supporter and absolutely hurts the club.
According to Carlton supporters, they've had more injuries this year than West Coast lmao

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Was surprised just how poor Carlton were going inside 50 without McKay. A lot of intercept marks to us to guys like Edwards and Rotham who aren't the usual suspects.

Strange game. O'Neill kicked the last goal of the game at the 13 minute mark of the last quarter. Naitanui, Saad and P Cripps all kicked behinds after that. There was a solid 10-15 minutes of play and the game was still up for grabs but Carlton just didn't threaten and the body language of the players reflected a 10 goal margin.

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
We had injuries to promising players before Gold Coast were even around.

Waite’s Carlton career was ruined by injuries. Kreuzer did his knee shortly after looking like a dominant youngster. Before that Kouta was cut down by knee issues.
Murphy? Gibbs?

If carlton kicked straight they could have had us scared by half time.

Gotta love betts what a champ
I hate betts

and when I say I hate him

I mean I hate how much I love him

genuinely one of the good guys in footy in my time watchng the game - just so joyous

pity he’s a blue

We had injuries to promising players before Gold Coast were even around.

Waite’s Carlton career was ruined by injuries. Kreuzer did his knee shortly after looking like a dominant youngster. Before that Kouta was cut down by knee issues.

That's nice, but it still doesn't change the fact Gold Coast have also had a number of their young players cut down by injuries.

Rowell, O'Meara, Day etc

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
According to Carlton supporters, they've had more injuries this year than West Coast lmao
Carlton supporters are so focussed on their own club, they don't understand that all clubs get injuries, and many clubs have had a worse injury run for longer than Carlton have.

Watson and Lyon were talking on SEN this morning about how good Jamie Elliott could have been if his career hadn't been impacted by injury as much as it had - reckon he's missed as many games as he's played.

Doggies won a flag in 2016 having had a worse injury run that year than I've ever seen at Carlton.

Back