Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 12 - Demons v Lions Fri June 4th 7:50PM EST (Giants Stadium)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 18 23.4%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

For sure you've got an incredible amount of talent on your list. But I don't think last night is at all a poor reflection on our list make up. First half we played brilliant footy and probably on the balance of play should have been further up, you're ability to get goals at important times and keep the margin within reach was a huge credit to you. Second half we were blown away but you played at such a high level after half time that i'm not sure there is a team right now that could have stayed with you.

We still have a great crop of young talent, we've gone from a 5 win team to looking like potentially making top 4 three years running. We've had many wins over the last few years with a significantly younger team than the opposition. If anything last night we may have actually gone in too old and got exposed for a lack of leg speed as a result, especially in the back half. I think last night says more about how well you guys are tracking right now as opposed to being a massive blight on us or anything like that.
Anyway, enjoy the win. You're flying right now and it's great to see. Hopefully we get the chance to play again come finals time.
I rate the Lions and their list highly.

I particularly think Hipwood would look good in red and blue. It's (a player of that type) probably the only missing piece of our jigsaw, but we're managing pretty well anyway.

Why? Im not going anywhere just because I think your team is full of itself? Win something first 👍 Melbourne played a great game, were the better team and deserved better acknowledgement than just a back handed one. No need to get all sooky about it
Lol actually I’m not …. You’re being a prick to another poster. I know demons played well and better than us. It’s got nothing to do with my team or not winning something …. Don’t put words against me and assume that’s what it’s about …. Coach

After reading the whole thread I though for the majority the two fan groups from Melb and Brisbane have been pretty respectful to each side and just enjoyed a great game.

Yes, Melbourne had a great game and deserve tp be top of the ladder, but Brisbane is definitely a top 4 team and will go deep into finals.

For sure you've got an incredible amount of talent on your list. But I don't think last night is at all a poor reflection on our list make up. First half we played brilliant footy and probably on the balance of play should have been further up, you're ability to get goals at important times and keep the margin within reach was a huge credit to you. Second half we were blown away but you played at such a high level after half time that i'm not sure there is a team right now that could have stayed with you.

We still have a great crop of young talent, we've gone from a 5 win team to looking like potentially making top 4 three years running. We've had many wins over the last few years with a significantly younger team than the opposition. If anything last night we may have actually gone in too old and got exposed for a lack of leg speed as a result, especially in the back half. I think last night says more about how well you guys are tracking right now as opposed to being a massive blight on us or anything like that.
Anyway, enjoy the win. You're flying right now and it's great to see. Hopefully we get the chance to play again come finals time.
You looked so sharp in the first half. Almost every contest was yours or halved, and you were killing us in the air.
Sure the machine kicked in after half time, but going into the break I was expecting a bad loss.
Brissy are are very good side and deserve to be considered as one of the real deal teams

Back