Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 12 Dreamtime - Essendon v Richmond Sat June 5th 7:40pm EST/5:40pm WST (Optus Stadium) Tigercast And Bombers Podcast Links in OP!

Who will win and by how much?

• Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 21 28.8%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 14 19.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You lot have been lower than shark sh*t, nobody will forget the Dank era in a hurry. A couple of credible wins and the media’s blowing sugar up your arse and (some of) you fell for it hook, line and sinker.

There’s still that inordinate, inappropriate hubris that beats in the heart of every Essendon supporter.
Not sure many bomber fans thought we were going into this game as the favourite. I thought we'd be beaten convincingly, not having a shot at goal to go 8 points up in the last quarter

More score involvements are the measure of damage; if they don’t led to scores they aren’t damaging. 3 goals is impressive but that means from 24 touches he was only involved in 3 scoring chains from another 25 tigers scores. Where as Parish was involved In ten of 24.

Parish looked thrilled, I thought he was going to break into song.

Are you for real?

We were down 2 rotations and down 2 midfielders...we were absolutely gassed in the last 10 minutes and the damn walls blew. Not to mention we have one if not the most inexperienced sides in the comp.

Get some humility.

What do you want me to do? Compliment a 40 point defeat? How pathetic are Essendkn supporters nowadays?

Weren't you blokes pumping your chests a few days ago? Like now you want a compliment because you lost by 39 points?

Well done 👌👌

More score involvements are the measure of damage; if they don’t led to scores they aren’t damaging. 3 goals is impressive but that means from 24 touches he was only involved in 3 scoring chains from another 25 tigers scores. Where as Parish was involved In ten of 24.

just stats, impressive but as l said dusty kicked goals at the right time of the game, he has thehabit of doing that and getting us moving. That is worth more than just numbers. Get your head out of the stats and see the game. 🙂
edit..no offence.

just stats, impressive but as l said dusty kicked goals at the right time of the game, he has thehabit of doing that and getting us moving. That is worth more than just numbers. Get your head out of the stats and see the game. 🙂

I see that Dusty wasn’t involved in 80% of your scores, if he missed you still would have won by four goals.

Why not? He was great tonight. And has been promising all year. Looks like an eccentric player, in a good way i will add. Never know what he is going to do. Just interested to know why you think that he won't get the nom. All the good players get it by the end of the year anyhow. It also doesn't really matter. It's like being the prettiest girl at the ball or the most likely to succeed. The proof is in the pudding. At the end of the day you want the player with the best career, not best first year. Otherwise Brett Delidio is a better player than Lance Franklin. And btoh are fine mind you, but some are more better than others.
Dunno, should've had it 4 times by now, keeps getting overlooked. Having said that 23 disp and 1 goal, might get him over the line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see that Dusty wasn’t involved in 80% of your scores, if he missed you still would have won by four goals.
Still missed the point. Dusty kicked goals that were at the time worth a heap. it’s not just a goal, or a disposal it’s when and where and how it effects the game, I’d take dusty before parish. But that’s just me. GG.

Mate I was responding to a smart arse comment. How about you take your jumper off and throw it in the trash.

And I was suggesting you don't need to get pulled in by the trolls, but go for it if it makes you feel better.

I've been an Essendon supporter & paid up member for 40 years. Pretty sure not agreeing with another Essendon supporter's behaviour doesn't change that. I'll keep the jumper on thanks.

It was a tough loss in the end but I'm proud of how the team has picked itself up from the depths of despair we were in only a few short years ago. Don't listen to the sad sacks out there who keep trying to pull that away from us.

What do you want me to do? Compliment a 40 point defeat? How pathetic are Essendkn supporters nowadays?

Weren't you blokes pumping your chests a few days ago? Like now you want a compliment because you lost by 39 points?

Well done 👌👌

Sheedy did it once. 1986. Had a crack and lost by 40. Sheedy called Richmond "a magnificent young team". He was wrong.

There was something in it for Essendon, that's where Rutten's skill as a coach comes in.

And I was suggesting you don't need to get pulled in by the trolls, but go for it if it makes you feel better.

I've been an Essendon supporter & paid up member for 40 years. Pretty sure not agreeing with another Essendon supporter's behaviour doesn't change that. I'll keep the jumper on thanks.

It was a tough loss in the end but I'm proud of how the team has picked itself up from the depths of despair we were in only a few short years ago. Don't listen to the sad sacks out there who keep trying to pull that away from us.

Fair enough mate. Misunderstanding then.

Still missed the point. Dusty kicked goals that were at the time worth a heap. it’s not just a goal, or a disposal it’s when and where and how it effects the game, I’d take dusty before parish. But that’s just me. GG.

best on ground isnt standing up when the opposition are cooked and anybody could walk in the goals. It’s doing it consistently all day.

best on ground isnt standing up when the opposition are cooked and anybody could walk in the goals. It’s doing it consistently all day.
Like he did in the GF cause Geelong were cooked? ,
I could say the same about our midfield which is cooked too. Too many outs and the ones that are back are half baked. its just a matter of perception.

Dunno, should've had it 4 times by now, keeps getting overlooked. Having said that 23 disp and 1 goal, might get him over the line.
Will get a nod no doubt at some point. Definitely deserved one before now, but it can be random with players having above average games in certain games. It's pretty random how AFL house dolls them out. A bit of theatre and flavour of the month vibe about it. As I said. it doesn't really matter. He looks like a player for the future.

It might be a long bow to draw, but Dusty didn't win a rising star award. Is he worse than Deledio? Hell!? He is almost better than any player that walked through the doors at Richmond. Who even won the award for rising star when Dusty was eligible? My point... Who even cares. It's a fun award, and that's it.

The key is to have a lot of good players at similar ages all at once getting better at the same time. And hopefully at different parts of the ground. It sound obviously, but it is still true.

With that said, I can honestly say this is the best I have seen Essendon look in at least 10-15 years. There is a direction, a path, and everyone seems to be on the same road. They have a good coaching panel at the moment. It will still take time, but if they can stay they course, they might just get it right.

Like he did in the GF cause Geelong were cooked? ,
I could say the same about our midfield which is cooked too. Too many outs and the ones that are back are half baked. its just a matter of perception.

This isn’t a gf, this is the reigning premiers against a make shift defence and a bunch of kids and actual in game injuries limiting rotations. This isnt a Essendon should have won conversation, this is which player consistently impacted the game and was a larger part of his teams positive performance.

Back