Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 12 Dreamtime - Essendon v Richmond Sat June 5th 7:40pm EST/5:40pm WST (Optus Stadium) Tigercast And Bombers Podcast Links in OP!

Who will win and by how much?

• Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 21 28.8%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 14 19.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It might be a long bow to draw, but Dusty didn't win a rising star award. Is he worse than Deledio? Hell!? He is almost better than any player that walked through the doors at Richmond. Who even won the award for rising star when Dusty was eligible? My point... Who even cares. It's a fun award, and that's it.

I know it was a rhetorical question but Hannebery won it in Martin’s eligible year.

Martin’s numbers were almost identical to Hannebery, but Martin was ineligible due to suspension.

Sydney made finals, Richmond second last so even if Martin was eligible that could’ve counted against him.

I agree though, some pretty average players have won the Rising Star, and some really good players didn’t even get a nomination.

The round nominations are a bit of a high point when your team sucks though. I still remember Jordie Gysberts dual nominations. A sure fire sign of individual and team dominance was on its way...

We smashed the Bulldogs

Goose
And lost to Port by a point.
And jumped Lions and Dees at the start...which the One eyed fan in me says/hopes that we can still beat them but are just giving them a false sense of security haha.

Good game of footy.

Richmond's leaders really stood up and got em home after we spent all our petrol tickets.

Showed the Tigers once they have all their cattle back are still in the mix.

Shows the Bombers that their kids are worth persisting with and watching and if Zerrett and Parish stay should climb back fast.

Well done to Perth for rocking up to watch 2 NON-WA teams too - put a lot of other clubs supporters who fail to show up for their "team" to shame.

Last edited:
Oh Essendon supporters,

Please dont private message Dylan Grimes this time, unless you wanna do community service.

Pretty sure you complained about the umps last time too, and the 10 times before that
As long as the Richmond fans stop private messaging Cotchin and his family and abusing them 😝

Good game Bomber fans , Your team is coming along well but unfortunately there are some supporters here that were totally unbearable and 70 posts umpire bagging really doesnt add alot to your credibility.

One needs to ask how can you watch the entire game posting 70 times during a game

That was really disappointing to get blown away like that still have the issue of stopping goal runs
Dunno man, i wouldn't read too much into the margin, game was over before the junk goals came in the last 4 mins. We were well and truely gassed by that stage. Tigers deserved the win. Some of us are carrying on like we lost to North or something. We lost to the best side in the comp over the last 4 years, not a distaster. We're a bottom 6 side with a young group coming through. We need to come to grips with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno man, i wouldn't read too much into the margin, game was over before the junk goals came in the last 4 mins. We were well and truely gassed by that stage. Tigers deserved the win. Some of us are carrying on like we lost to North or something. We lost to the best side in the comp over the last 4 years, not a distaster. We're a bottom 6 side with a young group coming through. We need to come to grips with it.

Giving the Tigers a head start didn't help and then we end up chasing tail for the remaining 3 qrts.

I've stopped going to Dreamtime games same shi-t every year

Umm fairly sure Tippa had a very obvious excuse if you watched the game

Despite the knock, it wasn’t his fault early, first half our work rate was trash and our ball movement was kicking long to an outnumber, by the time we got it sorted it he was lame.

That said, there is too much for him to do pressure wise with Snelling out and even before that we are we’re lacking a Shai Bolton type, pacey crumbed that can impact in the air to spread the defensive attention.

Yeah the umpires just caused Essendon to give up 7 goals in 15 minutes and get steamrolled after being in front.
Thought you’d be up an about this week Rod, given the bookies have your boys starting as slight favourites against the bye! ;)

Astbury, soldo, nankervis, Lambert, lynch out. Hardly nearly full strength .
Yeah Chol was a big story, his ruck + ground level follow up was very very good.

Missing our first choice spine in Lynch - Nank + Soldo - Astbury would normally be fatal but Chol was brilliant and Pickett toiled and probably halved his ruck constests, though he can be exposed.

Just really hoping now that there are no death threats against our players in the coming days . No room for that in our game.

Great game tonight and fantastic viewing. WA did the game justice. Bombers could of won it if Tippa, The Package and Heppell played tonight.

Was always going to be tough with so many players injured add to that the injuries that happened in game. Coming up against a nearly full strength Richmond. Next time I feel the result may be different
The bombers were good but hardly a full strength Richmond, we're down a full forward, full back and all our Premiership rucks. Richmond need to be better than that to win a premiership, but having Lynch, Dave and Nank back makes a huge, huge difference.

Who here enjoyed the half time show? I wasn't familiar with Ziggy Ramo but I'm always open minded to hearing new music. Rather than singing, it's more like rap/spoken word over the tune of Paul Kelly's "Little Things"

HOWEVER I did get the feeling that lyrics perhaps brought the mood down a bit. He was still going when they bounced the ball to begin the third quarter, which gave me the impression of being done in some manner of protest, given the content.

In my view it would be best to keep the politics away from game day, even during the indigenous round. Yes, I understand the artists's motivation to want to make people feel uncomfortable, and this is admirable in many respects. The lyrics cover capt. cook, colonialism, genocide, indigenous australian deaths in custody, stolen generation, power and privilege, stolen land, with the line "This is the story of so called Australia". I googled Ziggy Ramo when I got home and learned about his other song which criticizes Australian culture for remembering the Anzacs more than we remember the mistreatment of "blacks" (his words), in efforts to campaign to cancel Australia day remembrance on January 26.

With that said - I loved watching a brilliant game of footy, loved the dreamtime match, i've been to several and they are always a ripper, loved the pregame and other performances.

Celebrate indigenous brilliance, celebrate indigenous culture, nurture it and spread it, teach it to all the people!

Just my thoughts, from a so-called Australian.

What do you want me to do? Compliment a 40 point defeat? How pathetic are Essendkn supporters nowadays?

Weren't you blokes pumping your chests a few days ago? Like now you want a compliment because you lost by 39 points?

Well done 👌👌

your not supposed to compliment anything. Just don’t act like a campaigner I suppose?

what Essendon supporter was banging their chests? We have literally the most inexperienced sides in the Comp. do you think because we won 3 in a row we thought we would win the GF or something?

Anyone who watched the game knows it wasn’t a proper 40 point defeat. We down rotations and our fitness is obviously not where it should be with a young team.

you are a massive flog and frankly embarrassing to your supporter base.

The bombers were good but hardly a full strength Richmond, we're down a full forward, full back and all our Premiership rucks. Richmond need to be better than that to win a premiership, but having Lynch, Dave and Nank back makes a huge, huge difference.
Lambert keeps getting forgotten, if he can find some form he's a pretty handy in for us.

Back