Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 13 - Eagles v Tigers Sun June 13th 7:20pm EST / 5:20pm WST (Optus)

Who will win and by how much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 29 46.8%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Oops my bad

2019 btw you played carlton twice at the mcg and geelong twice at the mcg - one of those times being a final where geelong was the higher ranked team.

Any other years you would like to address?
Geelong was not the higher ranked team in that preliminary final. They lost their QF, we won ours, therefore we took the higher ranking.
2017 - 11 games at the MCG, fewer than our SA and WA friends get at their respective home grounds, equal to our NSW and QLD friends.
2021 - will now get 12 games at the MCG, just two of those against travelling sides.
Really ‘easy’ run.

Brunswick Trap King

Lord Mayor of Melbourne
Jun 1, 2009
Brunswick
AFL Club
West Coast
Geelong was not the higher ranked team in that preliminary final. They lost their QF, we won ours, therefore we took the higher ranking.
2017 - 11 games at the MCG, fewer than our SA and WA friends get at their respective home grounds, equal to our NSW and QLD friends.
2021 - will now get 12 games at the MCG, just two of those against travelling sides.
Really ‘easy’ run.
Wow, I never realised Richmond were such victims before.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Really ‘easy’ run.
If it were the eagles in richmonds position and geelong lost their prelim - the eagles would be flying to melbourne to play geelong

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Sigh. Kranky, you've derailed so many threads over the past 4 years with your victim narrative. It's become really, really boring. Look, I realise that you've been brought up by your mum to believe that if you want something you haven't earned, all you need do is ware people down with infernal winging and tantruming, and they'll eventually give in. But if you and your fellow whingers could just give it a rest for a few days (as if that'll happen), I'm sure the rest of BigFooty would be very, very grateful.

Thanking you in advance.
A12D0AE4-A673-4603-A955-FE2CDC572D23.jpeg

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
If it were the eagles in richmonds position and geelong lost their prelim - the eagles would be flying to melbourne to play geelong
If assume you mean if Geelong lost their quali. But that is absolutely not how it works. If you win your QF you are the home team for the prelim. It is rare that a lower ranked team on the ladder will host the PF because it can only happen if first loses their QF - which is very rare. The last time it happened before 2019 was actually when Adelaide lost to St Kilda in 2005.
That year both PFs were hosted by teams who finished lower on the ladder. West Coast (2nd) hosted Adelaide (1st) while St Kilda (4th) hosted Sydney (3rd).

EDIT:Last time was actually 2006, happened both years. In 06 Adelaide (2nd) hosted West Coast (1st) and Sydney (4th) hosted Fremantle (3rd).

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Really ‘easy’ run.
Lol 16 games in melbourne but.

id swap one game at optus for 5 more at the waca any day and twice on sundays

ROYAL EAGLE

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
Should be a good game, feeling a lot more confident we have two tall's coming out and two tall's coming in.
Hopefully Vardy doesn't get a game and we let Harry Edwards be our second ruck and when he is doing that throw Oscar Allen into backline to cover him.

Half our problem this year is we play too many tall's upsetting our balance, its looking like we are starting to select better balanced sides.

If we can win this game we then have the bye and will start to get our good players back.

Darkenfair

Draftee
Oct 18, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Subis capacity - mate our waiting list to be a member is capped at 5 years although it tends to take a much longer time than that. There are tens of thousands of eagles fans dont get to watch footy live.

But thats a false equivalence - subi was a toilet - etihad is a modern well designed stadium with better viewing in most seats than the mcg, a roof so when its raining you stay dry and warm.

I suspect the reason mcg tenants hate it is because their win loss ratio is lower.

Its a seriously good ground to watch football - ive been there heaps snd was praying that when they eventually (it took 20 years of dithering) rebuilt our stadium they would take a lot of etihads design - they did.

Ive sat in shitty seats at the g and shitty seats at etihad and the etihad seats are far superior to the g.

I agree about the shitty seats at Marvel being better than the shitty seats at the MCG - sort of. It's an unfair comparision though - because if even if there are 45,000 crappy seats at the G there are still 55,000 good ones, which is more than Marvel's capacity.

I went to the Giants game and I nearly always go to our one home game at Marvel - I don't have a problem with it as a venue at all, and I don't know why some other Richmond fans do.

I do know that a few people have had trouble adjusting the the new ticketing system forced on us by Covid-19 and that has effected numbers a bit, but even so the 17,000 crowd was a piss poor effort by us. Hopefully we will see big crowds in Melbourne again by the end of the year.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
I agree about the shitty seats at Marvel being better than the shitty seats at the MCG - sort of. It's an unfair comparision though - because if even if there are 45,000 crappy seats at the G there are still 55,000 good ones, which is more than Marvel's capacity.

I went to the Giants game and I nearly always go to our one home game at Marvel - I don't have a problem with it as a venue at all, and I don't know why some other Richmond fans do.

I do know that a few people have had trouble adjusting the the new ticketing system forced on us by Covid-19 and that has effected numbers a bit, but even so the 17,000 crowd was a piss poor effort by us. Hopefully we will see big crowds in Melbourne again by the end of the year.
I was sooooo jealous of etihad when all we had was subi - remember going there vs bombers one year and it had been drizzling all day and night and was fxxxxxxn freezing - i hadnt been before with the roof closed.

got there and by half time im peeling the layers off, nice and warm no rain fkkkk yeah!!!!

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Eagles really need to show some mettle this weekend. Could be a fiery one! Tigers by 17. Of course Eagles can win at home, but Just can’t trust eagles even at home these days.
2 out of our 3 best mids not on the park as well as the first bloke picked on dusty and our AA backman mcgov.

And its raining

big ask against a team thats just quality.

Back