Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 13 - Eagles v Tigers Sun June 13th 7:20pm EST / 5:20pm WST (Optus)

Who will win and by how much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 29 46.8%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Well...

No excuses but... They did tire in the end

Travelled to Brisbane, then back to Melbourne, then Covid happened so took our home game against Crows to Sydney. Then WA to play Essendon, then back to Sydney to isolate, then back to WA... Fatigue, errors and slight umpire favouritism to the home side (standard, happens all the time I guess)

Basically it is what it is ..
Interesting how Essendon ran out of gas vs Richmond in the last 10 minutes.
Richmond ran out of gas vs West Coast in the last 10 minutes.
West Coast ran out of gas vs Essendon in the last 10 minutes.

Good observation.
Overall was very impressed with the Bombers. Think injuries didn't help your cause though but impressed with your two games in WA

The worst thing about the Ryan 'non 15m kick' is how much attention it is getting. Not only does is detract from a good contest and exciting finish, it was one of about 20 or 30 short kicks that could've been called play on throughout the night. I don't recall the commentators analysing a single not 15 call/non call throughout the game. If Kennedy had missed I doubt they would've mentioned it again.

Fair enough if the umpires are hot on something all game, but I would've been salty if they had called play on given how many had been let go to that point.
Yeah true. That was happening consistently all night so no point highlighting one late in the game. Look I know biased umpiring when I see it but I don’t think the umpiring was biased yesterday despite the -10 differential. Free kicks do not have to be equal in every game. It just needs to be equitable and the reality is that there were some good calls and questionable calls both ways. So, I thought the differential showed that we were just more undisciplined and that’s at least equitable umpiring to me.

We lost because we just uncharacteristically melted down and West Coast took full advantage of that unfortunately.

Yes but the real victory was the grammar lesson.
Blah, blah, blah, keep talking in a feigned attempt to cover yourself in glory. You weren't aware of the commas actual existence, so the real winner is your knowledge! Haha

Blah, blah, blah, keep talking in a feigned attempt to cover yourself in glory. You weren't aware of the commas actual existence, so the real winner is your knowledge! Haha
Wow you freo folk sure need to find the wins where you can hey?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of siphoning going on …..

All three clubs parked in rockingham for a day too i heard….

Yeah true. That was happening consistently all night so no point highlighting one late in the game. Look I know biased umpiring when I see it but I don’t think the umpiring was biased yesterday despite the -10 differential. Free kicks do not have to be equal in every game. It just needs to be equitable and the reality is that there were some good calls and questionable calls both ways. So, I thought the differential showed that we were just more undisciplined and that’s at least equitable umpiring to me.

We lost because we just uncharacteristically melted down and West Coast took full advantage of that unfortunately.
Agreed wasn’t biased umpiring, just poor decisions which happen in every game these days. An early example is the CCJ mark in the first quarter, he controlled the ball and it only popped out on landing when his arm him JRs head. And the short kick to JK by Ryan wasn’t a mark because it hit the ground, regardless of the distance the ball travelled. But we lost the game on poor conversion, Bolton missed a few gettable goals early and JR set shot snaps verses JK were the difference.
Came down to the last kick of the game so it was a great contest to watch.

Jack Darling is a confusing player.

He is absolutely a good player, don’t get me wrong. But he just has massive spud energies too.
At best : Best player in the comp when hes on

At average: invisible when hes not

At worst : easy mark bounces off chest / plays on for no appreciable reason and blows it out of his arse

Its not like the work ethic isnt there - he was in the top 5 for km travelled.

And 10 minutes of his best can tear a game a new a-hole. Strange strange player.

Jack Darling is a confusing player.

He is absolutely a good player, don’t get me wrong. But he just has massive spud energies too.
Your mob shut him down to perfection last night, so much so he lost his 'nana at 3qtr time. Hope other teams dont pay too much attention to that.

Thankfully though we also have a bearded Adonis playing in the same possie who can pick up the slack.

Back