Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 13 - North v Giants Sun June 13th 3:20pm EST (Blundstone)

Who will win and by how much?

• North by a goal or less

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Giants by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Giants by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Giants by a lot

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Roosurgence

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’m sure you weren’t complaining about the goal you scored after Turner spoiled the ball and it got paid deliberate?

Giants couldn’t even beat 18th with help form their mates in green.

Orange Agent

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 12, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
I bet you loved all the gifts you received prior to that?

Giants fans complaining about the run they had today are delusional.

In fact they may as well kicked the one at the end of the first for you. Disgraceful to pay holding the ball for a tackle around the neck and then reward the Greene flop.
Lol.

ExYarraValley

Team Captain
Apr 27, 2021
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This is sadly true. We only have 10-12 years left at best to get out of Simpkin, Thomas, Zurhaar, Powell, Stephenson etc etc. If only we had some young starts propping us up like McEvoy and Tom Phillips.
Goldstein, Cunnington, Tarrant just hold the team together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roosurgence

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Umpires umpires umpires

Booooring !!

Seeya
They ruined a good game of footy.

Not that it makes a difference to our season. While it’s not a win, we played some pretty good footy unlike the mob in navy blue.

Maybe Docherty could watch the replay to learn what putting your head over it is? ;)

Just when you think they can’t get any worse, they come out and take it to new levels.

Red Bull

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 29, 2010
mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Carlton
They ruined a good game of footy.

Not that it makes a difference to our season. While it’s not a win, we played some pretty good footy unlike the mob in navy blue.

Maybe Docherty could watch the replay to learn what putting your head over it is? ;)

Just when you think they can’t get any worse, they come out and take it to new levels.
RUOK ?

Who gives a sh*t about umpires, don’t give them oxygen.

North sh*t the bed in the last quarter.
Live with it mate …

sruss

All Australian
Feb 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Goldstein, Cunnington, Tarrant just hold the team together.
Well, Cunners is a freak footballer (would be Hawthorn’s best by a country mile) so of course he’s always in our bests. But go get your calculator out and come back to me with how old you reckon Zurhaar (BOG for us), Simpkin and Thomas are. Goldy hasn’t been in our top handful (not his fault he was up against a spud in Mumford and taught him a lesson today) and Tarrant hasn’t even played this year. But go on, you Rhodes Scholar, show us your maths skills.

Roosurgence

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
RUOK ?

Who gives a sh*t about umpires, don’t give them oxygen.

North sh*t the bed in the last quarter.
Live with it mate …
As I said it makes no difference to our season.

Just sick of seeing games ruined by garbage.

Game gets closer to rugby by the minute. If you aren’t throwing it you are doing it wrong.

HTB and incorrect disposal have become the unicorn of our game.

We shat the bed, game should have been over at 3/4 time.

Tas

Premium Platinum
Dec 23, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
There can be only one...
Well the AFL spoon feed North, not the TFL.

Big handouts make the difference. ;)
lol

My suburban club turns over more revenue than the richest TFL club ever did, it has nothing to do with the AFL, North or Hawks. If we didn't play some games at Hobart, the Federal government would never have funded Blundstone's redevelopment, our deal in Tasmania is just a commercial deal.

Tasmanians don't turn up to footy, it is why your state league keeps dying, it is why you don't have an AFL side and shouldn't have one. There is no evidence they could support an AFL side or that enough people will show up for it.

There is nobody on this planet that wants Tasmania to have their own team more than me, because I don't want my club playing there, it is just low effort easy money for the club and my preference is for them to work harder on growth in the North-eastern corridor, where the vast majority of Melbourne's population growth will come from over the next century. We worked much harder on that region before the Tasmanian games and will likely go back to doing it again after Tasmania.

I want Tasmania to happen but there just isn't any evidence the people will support it, all you have atm is hope and it is going to be hard to get clubs to agree to split the revenue base further on the back of hope.

Kangaroos4eva

Premium Platinum
Aug 22, 2012
QLD
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
lol

My suburban club turns over more revenue than the richest TFL club ever did, it has nothing to do with the AFL, North or Hawks. If we didn't play some games at Hobart, the Federal government would never have funded Blundstone's redevelopment, our deal in Tasmania is just a commercial deal.

Tasmanians don't turn up to footy, it is why your state league keeps dying, it is why you don't have an AFL side and shouldn't have one. There is no evidence they could support an AFL side or that enough people will show up for it.

There is nobody on this planet that wants Tasmania to have their own team more than me, because I don't want my club playing there, it is just low effort easy money for the club and my preference is for them to work harder on growth in the North-eastern corridor, where the vast majority of Melbourne's population growth will come from over the next century. We worked much harder on that region before the Tasmanian games and will likely go back to doing it again after Tasmania.

I want Tasmania to happen but there just isn't any evidence the people will support it, all you have atm is hope and it is going to be hard to get clubs to agree to split the revenue base further on the back of hope.
Wasting your bandwidth on that one.

sherb

Hall of Famer
Sep 28, 2003
Western Sydney
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Swans
lol

If that's the case, then at least try to understand the basics of the argument.

A good start for you would be the fact that people are largely disinterested in watching clubs they don't support.

Especially clubs like yours that, as you admit, are only tarting themselves for money by playing in Tassie.

madmug

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
lol

I agree, people don't go to local games. Nor even VFL matches it seems. The 'fans' don't exactly pack out Norths games either. The difference is one is spoon fed AFL money & lives on other clubs fans paying at the gate.

Its no ones fault, just an historic fact that Melbourne clubs come in all sizes. The little clubs live out of the big clubs pockets. & AFL welfare.

Who knows what the AFL will do. I would say we'd be better off than some clubs currently flying interstate for money.

Remove this Banner Ad