Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 13 - Port v Cats Thurs June 10th 7:40pm EST/7:10PM CENTRAL (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s probably just the way different people express themselves. Sometimes when I’m passionate and energised about things I do things that I look back on later as a bit over the top. Seems a pretty minor thing. He’s passionate, speaks well about football and the club. In the end, he’s a competitor. Not saying you are wrong, but others might have a different opinion
Novak Djokovic comes to mind with his over explosive reactions.

This is why it is hard to read game day threads these days. You come looking for discussion about a game and get sooks talking about umpires every second post. What did you think of the dynamics of the game? Individual performances? Courageous acts? Every game day post is about how the umpires influenced the game. It’s not just this game it’s every game. Shut up you idiots. You do it literally every week.

Want to know why Brisbane won a bunch or flags early this century? They were the best team. Want to know why Geelong, Hawthorn and the Tigers have replicated it since? They were the best team? This victim complex -blame the umpires but not look at your own player missing a 20m open kick is tiresome. Not directed at you port supporters you have been sportsmanlike tonight. Good luck for the rest of the year.

Hear hear.

Umpiring is fine. It's not perfect but all in all it's pretty good. I actually think a lot of people don't know the rules.

It has its ups and downs, but I recon each team on average has one game a year they can genuinely think they were dudded by the umpires. Otherwise, not really a factor.

Worst is some 2 bit journos and commentators hopping on the whinge train too now. Suppose it get clicks/ears/eyes.

This is why it is hard to read game day threads these days. You come looking for discussion about a game and get sooks talking about umpires every second post. What did you think of the dynamics of the game? Individual performances? Courageous acts? Every game day post is about how the umpires influenced the game. It’s not just this game it’s every game. Shut up you idiots. You do it literally every week.

Want to know why Brisbane won a bunch or flags early this century? They were the best team. Want to know why Geelong, Hawthorn and the Tigers have replicated it since? They were the best team? This victim complex -blame the umpires but not look at your own player missing a 20m open kick is tiresome. Not directed at you port supporters you have been sportsmanlike tonight. Good luck for the rest of the year.

Also, wasn't there some sort of moratorium on ump whinging in GD threads a while back?

It used to be really bad but seemed to get better for a bit

He just cares. I like it. I was punching the couch, love that he is a fan as well as the coach.

When Geelong players were pretending to fall asleep on each other during the club song and Bomba was smashing sangas in the coaches box people didn't like that either. I prefer the Scott emotion personally.

Just my opinion, but I think people don't like it because it's Chris Scott. If Goodwin, Beveridge, Hinkley, Fagan, Longmire, Simpson did the same thing, no-one would give a stuff. I think Hardwick's probably the only other top eight coach who'd get hate for doing something similar.

It was an enormous win for the club: on the road (where two of Geelong's three losses have come - one where they led for 90% of the game and the other where they got sucker punched by the reigning wooden spooner), following a bye, against a contender. Huge result for the Cats, ahead of season - and probably top four - defining games in the next fortnight against the Bulldogs and Brisbane.

Heads up Port Power fans, back to beating up on bottom 10 sides next week.
Are we playing the crows next week?
To be fair- port have quite a few players out.

We do. Surprisingly despite spending time every broadcast listening to commentary teams name what players are out for the losing team they didn’t mention once tonight we were missing our first choice ruck (lycett) fb (clurey) butters, who made the all aus squad last year and was one of our best players this year before going down, duursma, Fantasia and Rockliff.

Having said that we had enough talent on the park and had chances to win that game. Both teams were bad tonight imo.

When Geelong players were pretending to fall asleep on each other during the club song and Bomba was smashing sangas in the coaches box people didn't like that either. I prefer the Scott emotion personally.

Just my opinion, but I think people don't like it because it's Chris Scott. If Goodwin, Beveridge, Hinkley, Fagan, Longmire, Simpson did the same thing, no-one would give a stuff. I think Hardwick's probably the only other top eight coach who'd get hate for doing something similar.

It was an enormous win for the club: on the road (where two of Geelong's three losses have come - one where they led for 90% of the game and the other where they got sucker punched by the reigning wooden spooner), following a bye, against a contender. Huge result for the Cats, ahead of season - and probably top four - defining games in the next fortnight against the Bulldogs and Brisbane.
nope, not allowed to be happy for any reason if you're involved in AFL. Even if you win the GF, just a little smile and handshake is all that is allowed now

Geelong are comfortably home with a minute or so to go, but Scott celebrates and bangs the desk when Rohan kicks a junk time goal like they’ve taken the lead in the GF.

It’s ******* embarrassing to see a senior coach act like that. He’s a great coach but that’s so unlikable.
Whereas objecting to a locked down team celebrating a win on the road against a fellow flag aspirant is fine

Are we playing the crows next week?

We do. Surprisingly despite spending time every broadcast listening to commentary teams name what players are out for the losing team they didn’t mention once tonight we were missing our first choice ruck (lycett) fb (clurey) butters, who made the all aus squad last year and was one of our best players this year before going down, duursma, Fantasia and Rockliff.

Having said that we had enough talent on the park and had chances to win that game. Both teams were bad tonight imo.
Yep- both teams can play better than that. I’m blaming it on the bye for us! I thought we were a chance tonight because of your outs. We have a few rusty players who will be better for the run. Lycett must be back soon?

Don't want to buy into it, but it made me think of the Hitler Downfall video.
lol imagine comparing Chris Scott to Hitler because he was happy his team won

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me tonight, bona fide coach killer moment:

Final quarter, Port are coming. The kid from Port Adelaide gets taken high. He gets up, looks groggy and dazed, doesn't seem to be fit to take his kick.

Greedily, takes the kick none the less. Turns the ball over, ball goes to Jeremy Cameron. Goals. Kills all of ports momentum. Game over.

Hinkley needs to make sure he bakes the kid in the review. Blind Freddy could see he wasn't right but insisted on taking the kick anyway and it cost Port all their momentum.

For me tonight, bona fide coach killer moment:

Final quarter, Port are coming. The kid from Port Adelaide gets taken high. He gets up, looks groggy and dazed, doesn't seem to be fit to take his kick.

Greedily, takes the kick none the less. Turns the ball over, ball goes to Jeremy Cameron. Goals. Kills all of ports momentum. Game over.

Hinkley needs to make sure he bakes the kid in the review. Blind Freddy could see he wasn't right but insisted on taking the kick anyway and it cost Port all their momentum.
Wasn’t port still in front after that Cameron goal? How could that be game over if they were in front?

As a neutral, I cannot fathom the inanity of the final quarter umpiring performance. Port Adelaide should demand an explanation from the AFL because that was a blight on the game.
You think port should of been handed more free kicks 20ms from goal?

goals from frees

port 6
geelong 1

Some of them were really terrible too.

Back