Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 13 - Port v Cats Thurs June 10th 7:40pm EST/7:10PM CENTRAL (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Some interesting stats

Goals from Frees:

Port - 6
Geelong - 1

50s Given Away for Abuse:

Charlesworth Dixon - 2
Geelong - 0

It's not the first time this year an opposition has got a few goals from frees against Geelong.

Especially with the more open games, Geelong's defenders aren't that crash hot one out. Great team defence, but one on one I'd say Kolo is ok but the others nothing special.

Apr 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm a cats supporter but it grates on me too. When he first arrived I loved seeing his passion but I've gotten tired of it. It's not a huge deal but would prefer he didn't behave like a mad supporter.

It can look silly but he gets it out of his system quickly and then is very calm and rational afterwards.

All in all a pretty level headed approach to emotions in sport for any coach or player.

I'd take that any day over the coaches that carry on at the press conferences or during the week, (veiled digs at umpires, suggesting rule changes). That's a sign of someone not focusing on what they can control, and letting external influences fester in their mind. It's not healthy.

Not naming names but we all know examples.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Lol at cats fans whinging about those frees to us.

Your coach and defenders would be ******* stoked that they were allowed to hold, push, hit high, throw and tackle without the ball our forwards all night and only concede a few frees.

There was a deliberate tactic by the slow aging cats to play physical football, and by physical I mean hold and block all night, to stop our players getting free into space and take what penalties you cop from it. Worked very well.

Dixon has every right to lose his s**t Micheal Douglas in falling down style at this league. That free against him for a block when the other player is dragging him by the guernsey was so clear that you can’t even question that the umpire in fact saw it and knew he wasn’t going to pay a free in front of goal.

Several other baffling calls against him all while his opponent is re-enacting the mayweather / Logan Paul atrocity.

Bevo does nothing like that. When he won the GF he didn’t celebrate like Scott just did in the last minute when Rohan extended a three goal margin to four.

If you like it fair enough. He’s a great coach and it’s just something I dislike. But other coaches don’t do anything like that in similar circumstances.
That’s cause Rob Murphy stole all his thunder

ExYarraValley

Team Captain
Apr 27, 2021
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The umpires did everything they good to get Port over the line. The commentators and were willing Port to stay in the game also. So many one sided calls that the commentators just brushed over and they rarely showed replays. The free that got Ports first goal was hilarious. Everything went Ports way and they couldn't get over the line. Worrying signs.

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Our team has been old since 2011..We haven't dropped all that much and rebuilt our side... We stay up due to free agency and treat the draft as second rate, because its a lottery.

They stay up because of the sheer quality of their veterans. Most clubs couldn't manage it.

Mar 4, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts

Your coach and defenders would be ******* stoked that they were allowed to hold, push, hit high, throw and tackle without the ball our forwards all night and only concede a few frees.

There was a deliberate tactic by the slow aging cats to play physical football, and by physical I mean hold and block all night, to stop our players getting free into space and take what penalties you cop from it. Worked very well.

Dixon has every right to lose his sh*t Micheal Douglas in falling down style at this league. That free against him for a block when the other player is dragging him by the guernsey was so clear that you can’t even question that the umpire in fact saw it and knew he wasn’t going to pay a free in front of goal.

Several other baffling calls against him all while his opponent is re-enacting the mayweather / Logan Paul atrocity.

Richmond 101, infringe all night knowing the umpires wont/cant call everything or they'll be accused of biased, then capitalise on the rebound and when the free kick count goes against you as a result, fans can roll out the teams free for and against ladder to deflect.

RAPPA

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 20, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Hawkins and Cameron partnership is great to watch. Hawkins is not showing any signs of slowing down and will hopefully go around again for another year. While those two are playing together and firing, this will give the Cats another chance at getting another premiership.

kittypurry

Senior List
Oct 2, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
Geelong are comfortably home with a minute or so to go, but Scott celebrates and bangs the desk when Rohan kicks a junk time goal like they’ve taken the lead in the GF.

It’s ******* embarrassing to see a senior coach act like that. He’s a great coach but that’s so unlikable.
Celebrating a win makes a coach embarrassing and unlikeable now? Good grief. Please get a grip.

Feb 9, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong

Dixon has every right to lose his sh*t Micheal Douglas in falling down style at this league. That free against him for a block when the other player is dragging him by the guernsey was so clear that you can’t even question that the umpire in fact saw it and knew he wasn’t going to pay a free in front of goal.

The Dixon to Blicavs? The one where Charlie Dixon first action was to stiff arm Blicavs in the throat well before the hold.
I can only assume you mean a different one, as that might have been the clearest free of the night.

imagine having Tom Jonas as your captain and sooking because another team played with physicaility :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
And port didn't stop our forwards from leading into space. Half the time Hawk tried to lead to the ball he had a 80kg sack of potatoes hanging off of him.

Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
just rewatching the Farrel being tackled into the ground then miskicked, turnover, Geelong goal.

I'm surprised that teams don't have standus operatus that if you are heavily hit (possibly concussed), then you simply tell the ump you are not well enough to take the kick, give it to someone else.

Tristan34

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
I’d be surprised if any Port fans thought we weren’t going to spud it up last night. We’ve seen this exact game play out over and over again in the past nine seasons. Losses like this barely register for me anymore. Would have 5 or so seasons ago.

well done Geelong. Torched us everywhere, from intercepting marks across HB, to the dangerous 3 in the forward line.

Still half a season to go, but this has a 2018 feel about it.

Port wasn't that far off anyway.. That Geelong team was the strongest side they have put on the field this year... I think all Geelong was missing was Cam Guthrie...

Back