Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 13 - Swans v Hawks Fri June 11th 7:50pm EST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Hawks by a lot

• Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sydney-vs-Hawthorn.png

6TH V 17TH

AFL 2021 PREMIERSHIP SEASON
SYDNEY V HAWTHORN
FRIDAY JUNE 11TH 7:50PM EST (SCG)

C4C09479-AA41-4EFA-A0A9-D0A4F59D5D60.png
TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY’S OWN SYSTEM

$1000 IN CASH PRIZES

Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won.

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

TEAMS

SWANS

B: Fox, McCartin, Hewett
HB: Lloyd, Rampe, Dawson
C: McInerney, Mills, Cunningham
HF: Papley. Heeney, Hayward
F: Wicks, Franklin, Amartey
FOLL: Hickey, Rowbottom, Kennedy

I/C: Florent, Bell, Parker, McDonald
EMG: Brand, Taylor, Sinclair, Stephens

IN: Nil
OUT: Warner (injured)

HAWKS
B: Hardwick, Frost, Impey
HB: Day, Jiath, O’Brien
C: Morrison, O’Meara, Phillips
HF: Worpel, Breust, Wingard
F: Moore, Reeves, Koschitzke
FOLL: McEvoy, Mitchell, Burgoyne

I/C: Scrimshaw, Howe, Shiels, Newcombe
EMG: Greaves, Cousins, Morris, Ceglar

IN: Day, O’Meara, Newcombe
OUT: Greaves, Cousins, Morris (all omitted), Lewis (injured)

Byes: Brisbane Carlton Bulldogs Essendon

Last edited:

Macca18

EFC
Jul 6, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
No doubt going to get my head bitten off here by Swans fans and fully aware the club has virtually no say/power with the fixture… but can’t help but notice what a ‘comfortable’ few weeks it’s been, particularly with the St Kilda clash moved to the SCG.

R9 - Collingwood (SCG) 16th - W
R10 - Fremantle (OS) 11th - L
R11 - Carlton (SCG) 14th - W
R12 - St Kilda (SCG) 12th - W
R13 - Hawthorn (SCG) 17th - ?

Certainly going to be season defining (win/loss wise) and always good to bank those wins at this stage of the season rather than be under pressure later on to get them.

They should again win comfortably (vs Hawks) as well.

The Gong

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Northern Districts Tigers
No doubt going to get my head bitten off here by Swans fans and fully aware the club has virtually no say/power with the fixture… but can’t help but notice what a ‘comfortable’ few weeks it’s been, particularly with the St Kilda clash moved to the SCG.

R9 - Collingwood (SCG) 16th - W
R10 - Fremantle (OS) 11th - L
R11 - Carlton (SCG) 14th - W
R12 - St Kilda (SCG) 12th - W
R13 - Hawthorn (SCG) 17th - ?

Certainly going to be season defining (win/loss wise) and always good to bank those wins at this stage of the season rather than be under pressure later on to get them.

They should again win comfortably (vs Hawks) as well.
I think we were well aware we had a good draw having finished bottom 4 last year so it's been an advantage now that we're coming out the other side of the rebuild. Having said that I'm not sure that the SCG itself does us any favours any more.

We have also already played four of the top 8 and beaten three of them. On the other hand we've dropped three games to teams outside the 8 so take from that what you will.

We're not flogging teams but the close losses we had last year are turning back into wins. We should put Hawthorn away here fairly comfortably but nothing is a given.

Oct 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
Yeah not sure anyone will be biting your head off... we rightfully have a soft draw after finishing bottom 4 last year, so are probably flattered in our ladder position, especially given I expect even most Swans fans had us in the 9th - 16th range for this year...

However our losses have been to weaker/similar teams (GC, Freo and GWS), and some of our wins against stronger teams (Bris, Rich, Geelong) so who knows what we will serve up.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think we were well aware we had a good draw having finished bottom 4 last year so it's been an advantage now that we're coming out the other side of the rebuild. Having said that I'm not sure that the SCG itself does us any favours any more.

We have also already played four of the top 8 and beaten three of them. On the other hand we've dropped three games to teams outside the 8 so take from that what you will.

We're not flogging teams but the close losses we had last year are turning back into wins. We should put Hawthorn away here fairly comfortably but nothing is a given.

Hawks finished bottom 4 and got a much tougher draw.

Ladder spot doesnt matter anywhere near as much as how badly the AFL wants you to succeed.

Oct 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
15th Hawks: Adelaide (18th), Essendon, Fremantle, Melbourne (9th), Richmond(3rd)
16th Swans: Essendon, Fremantle, Gold Coast (14th), GWS Giants (10th), St Kilda(6th)

Don't reckon either of those teams double ups would be projected to be worse than the others at start of season

Obviously with the Saints being injured/no good, and Melbourne being excellent that changes things, so undoubtedly the Hawks draw "is" harder, but you'd be drawing a pretty long bow to say it was designed that way.

mattpolo8

Red and white tragic
Sep 25, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Miami Heat
Hawks finished bottom 4 and got a much tougher draw.

Ladder spot doesnt matter anywhere near as much as how badly the AFL wants you to succeed.
ease up turbo

you play the entire of last year's top 6 in melbourne. and one of them twice.
we play 3 of last year's top 6 away (richmond,port and st kilda).

no one thought the saints would fall this bad. no one thought the dees would be this good.

mattpolo8

Red and white tragic
Sep 25, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Miami Heat
In Melbourne eh ?

Like last year ?
we finished on the same amount of points and only 2% difference to you last year. hawthorn leave melbourne 5 times this year (apart from tassy). we leave sydney 10 times.

its not like last year's mess disadvantaged you guys more then it did us. its just we got better quicker.

Back