Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 13 - Swans v Hawks Fri June 11th 7:50pm EST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Hawks by a lot

• Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zyzzbruh

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2017
Mnt Olympus
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Manchester United
As I predicted, a very nice payout from Sportsbet for me, thank you Hawks and the umpires!

That was the most lop sided umpiring display I've seen in a long time, every 50/50 went Hawks way and Swans just got ignored for ones they should have got. Reckon Razor piled into the $5.70 about the Hawks as well.

Umpiring standard has dropped right off this season.
Not making excuses, hawthorn phenomenal all night and would've won regardless of the umps. But it's been a pandemic all year when is someone going to make a stand and force this rabble of a comp to hire umpires full-time. It's beyond the joke. I've seen better umpiring at local level.

CobberRodgers

All Australian
Feb 14, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not making excuses, hawthorn phenomenal all night and would've won regardless of the umps. But it's been a pandemic all year when is someone going to make a stand and force this rabble of a comp to hire umpires full-time. It's beyond the joke. I've seen better umpiring at local level.

So last year when Clarko tried to do exactly that he was whinging, now the shoe is on the other foot something needs to be done about it?

bumsonseats

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2009
Back in Stinktown (Adelaide)
AFL Club
Hawthorn

100% agree
Some baffling decisions at times.
Hawks def got the rub of the green, but some the other way that were in the same category

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Before any of you Sydney people get on your high horses and begin to rant and rave about the rub of the umpire, I know we got it!!!!!!!! So don't get too smarta*sy.
If any of you have read my stuff over years I've been hammering the AFL and the rules committees and Hocking and all the sycophants on the radio and TV commentary that forever, never bring up the absolute nonsense of some free kicks and why some rules are there when some are not needed!
So for me , I couldn't give a damn that for once , once in a blue moon we got some stuff that I can't tell what for, but we also got some we deserved.
Every club in this AFL suffers from grey rules that can turn things upside down, the two greatest favoured free kick clubs are West Coast and Geelong that just get everything and I commented on that about 5 years ago when Dangermouse got everything he went near and more, in a game I was at, against my Hawks!, like Selwood.

So bloody good show Hawthorn, got paid back for the times we've been slaughtered, and by the Razor too!

Buddy your champ , when with us and with you, the umps give him stuff all.
Some of the blinding shyte that we've been handed over the years, sometimes it just rubs the wrong way, so shut up and chew on it, because I can't remember the amount of times I've defended other clubs on here for being crucified by frees that I have no idea what for. We would have won anyway!
So me little hearties you who this weekend will count the stats and look at the numbers and realise the AFL does not give a damn, they made the rules and the umpires stick to them to the enth degree, perfectly, a fingernail can ruin your day!

I said this 15 years ago about the Demitriou and McGlachlan's reigns in the AFL, these blokes have given us a fast game AND MUCH OF IT BRILLIANT , but also a flawed sport by grey rules and political correctness, and tonight for as long as I can remember the wind blew the other way, what a bleeding brilliant win

Frost towels up the Bud, our side had Sydney bamboozled handled them when it was time too after half time break, for them to put the heat on , they tried couldn't !
But we are young. We blooded a ripper hard man who ask no favours and doesn't expect any, Newcombe.
\What about Cegs, if any HAWK KNOCKS THIS BLOKE AGAIN, THEY SHOULD HAND IN THEIR MEMBERSHIP AND FOLLOW PING PONG INSTEAD.
THE BLOKE IS A RIPPER , they who knock him don't have a clue about footy, like the clowns that used to rubbish Mason Cox??? YEAH!!!! No idea of all the needs ! And Ceglar was on fire tonight!!! Been wondering where he's been?
So what a beauty never take things too easy , you may get surprised, by a nasty predatory bird!
Hard year ahead, but we love it. Tonight those fellows showed the heart and hardness we are famous for! Good evening and it's off to the bar fridge

Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We had a good run at it tonight from the umps, more than happy to take it too .
We've been ordinary and most weeks have gotten the rough end of the umpiring for most of it too.

Unlucky for the Swans they copped us playing our best game of the season and getting a nice go as well.
Thats sport for you .

Maddhew

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Before any of you Sydney people get on your high horses and begin to rant and rave about the rub of the umpire, I know we got it!!!!!!!! So don't get too smarta*sy.
If any of you have read my stuff over years I've been hammering the AFL and the rules committees and Hocking and all the sycophants on the radio and TV commentary that forever, never bring up the absolute nonsense of some free kicks and why some rules are there when some are not needed!
So for me , I couldn't give a damn that for once , once in a blue moon we got some stuff that I can't tell what for, but we also got some we deserved.
Every club in this AFL suffers from grey rules that can turn things upside down, the two greatest favoured free kick clubs are West Coast and Geelong that just get everything and I commented on that about 5 years ago when Dangermouse got everything he went near and more, in a game I was at, against my Hawks!, like Selwood.

So bloody good show Hawthorn, got paid back for the times we've been slaughtered, and by the Razor too!

Buddy your champ , when with us and with you, the umps give him stuff all.
Some of the blinding sh*te that we've been handed over the years, sometimes it just rubs the wrong way, so shut up and chew on it, because I can't remember the amount of times I've defended other clubs on here for being crucified by frees that I have no idea what for. We would have won anyway!
So me little hearties you who this weekend will count the stats and look at the numbers and realise the AFL does not give a damn, they made the rules and the umpires stick to them to the enth degree, perfectly, a fingernail can ruin your day!

I said this 15 years ago about the Demitriou and McGlachlan's reigns in the AFL, these blokes have given us a fast game AND MUCH OF IT BRILLIANT , but also a flawed sport by grey rules and political correctness, and tonight for as long as I can remember the wind blew the other way, what a bleeding brilliant win

Frost towels up the Bud, our side had Sydney bamboozled handled them when it was time too after half time break, for them to put the heat on , they tried couldn't !
But we are young. We blooded a ripper hard man who ask no favours and doesn't expect any, Newcombe.
\What about Cegs, if any HAWK KNOCKS THIS BLOKE AGAIN, THEY SHOULD HAND IN THEIR MEMBERSHIP AND FOLLOW PING PONG INSTEAD.
THE BLOKE IS A RIPPER , they who knock him don't have a clue about footy, like the clowns that used to rubbish Mason Cox??? YEAH!!!! No idea of all the needs ! And Ceglar was on fire tonight!!! Been wondering where he's been?
So what a beauty never take things too easy , you may get surprised, by a nasty predatory bird!
Hard year ahead, but we love it. Tonight those fellows showed the heart and hardness we are famous for! Good evening and it's off to the bar fridge
You should publish that into a novel.

Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Umpiring was borderline cheating and deserving of an investigation.

Having said that, it didn’t change the result. The hawks were far superior tonight. They were hungrier, they’re work ethic was through the roof, got multiple players to every contest and dominated the swans forward line. Hawks can’t control what the umps did, but you can’t take away from their performance. The best team on the night won, and it wasn’t close

PenAndPaper

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Duke Newcombe.png

Back