Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 14 - Cats v Dogs Fri June 18th 7:50pm EST (GMHBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting last few pages….!

Anyway, on the game - do the cats fans think their team played well, and if not what their issues were? Danger looks like he’s still working into fitness and thought our midfield got on top in the last. Is Duncan that important and how is he replaced?

Cats clinical at the right time and exploited a lack of composure at the end from the dogs players, so deserved the win although I thought we should’ve sneaked home given the balance of play in the last quarter.

I’m also pissed off that we went in with English solo ruck as the knock on effect of that is a loss in our forward line which allowed Stewart to do what he pleased.

Interesting last few pages….!

Anyway, on the game - do the cats fans think their team played well, and if not what their issues were? Danger looks like he’s still working into fitness and thought our midfield got on top in the last. Is Duncan that important and how is he replaced?

Cats clinical at the right time and exploited a lack of composure at the end from the dogs players, so deserved the win although I thought we should’ve sneaked home given the balance of play in the last quarter.

I’m also pissed off that we went in with English solo ruck as the knock on effect of that is a loss in our forward line which allowed Stewart to do what he pleased.

I thought both teams played very well. Libba was unstoppable early and Macrae relentless in the second-half. I honestly thought the Dogs had the legs and ability at the end to cause repeated stoppages and ice the game once it was in their 50 with 90 seconds to go but Geelong has solid experience with those last-play wins in close games. Danger seems undercooked and I’m still not completely sold on our ruck set-up. Reckon a Martin/English combo could be damaging in a rematch. Duncan is super-important but I think Narkle is a handy replacement.

Essentially, I think that game taught us very little other than both teams are very good this year and should be in business at the pointy end of the season. If there’s a rematch in a Prelim or even Grand Final, I’d see it as a genuine 50/50 game going in.

I thought both teams played very well. Libba was unstoppable early and Macrae relentless in the second-half. I honestly thought the Dogs had the legs and ability at the end to cause repeated stoppages and ice the game once it was in their 50 with 90 seconds to go but Geelong has solid experience with those last-play wins in close games. Danger seems undercooked and I’m still not completely sold on our ruck set-up. Reckon a Martin/English combo could be damaging in a rematch. Duncan is super-important but I think Narkle is a handy replacement.

Essentially, I think that game taught us very little other than both teams are very good this year and should be in business at the pointy end of the season. If there’s a rematch in a Prelim or even Grand Final, I’d see it as a genuine 50/50 game going in.

Cheers. Yes, I think if Martin is fit that’s the preferred structure and could give the Geelong defence at least a few more problems.

Cats experience the deciding factor in the end. Should be a good rematch if it happens in September - likely at neither of our home grounds though (although that’s another issue entirely, I don’t want to derail the thread! 😀)

Quote anything you’ve said that’s at all relevant to the game would be an equally tough ask
Actually on three occasions in this very thread I’ve conceded Geelong were the better team. Talk about being a bad winner 😂

I can certainly understand Dogs supporters frustrations as Cats fans have experienced last minute losses and dodgy decisions, both for and against this year. I think the real salt stems from the fact it was Rohan and he was so far out on an angle. What should be acknowledged is the great kick it took to win the game! Footy is all about swings and seesaws.

Plenty?
oh well if you use the word ‘plenty’ rather than actually giving any reasons I’ll just have to take your word for it
He sooks a lot.
Whinges about umpiring decisions when every other coach refuses to comment on them.
Goes on TV to crap on about how bad of a job coaching is during a time of unprecedented job losses.
Verbally abuses opposition players.
Reduses to acknowledge the other teams when he loses.
Thats off the top of my head.

Actually on three occasions in this very thread I’ve conceded Geelong were the better team. Talk about being a bad winner 😂

I literally haven’t said a word about our win aside from how the off field actions of a player who hasn’t pulled on the hoops for 24 years has little if anything to do with the result of last nights game.
Pointing out the utter stupidity and lack of grace in turning a post match autopsy into a s**t slinging extravaganza based on the private lives of a couple of past and present players isn’t being a bad winner, sorry to break it to you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He sooks a lot.
Whinges about umpiring decisions when every other coach refuses to comment on them.
Goes on TV to crap on about how bad of a job coaching is during a time of unprecedented job losses.
Verbally abuses opposition players.
Reduses to acknowledge the other teams when he loses.
Thats off the top of my head.

Quote me his umpire whinges please

I can quote you an article that starts with ‘Chris Scott refuses to blame the umpire’ from the obvious Cameron mark that wasn’t paid against the swans

verbally abuses opposition players? He’s had 1 interaction in 11 seasons that I can think of and it was hardly abuse. And it was begun by a Lions player giving s**t to HIM

Oh and hey, having your workplace performance played out in the mainstream media and literally being a permanent risk of being fired - I’m sure that WHEN YOURE ASKED ABOUT THE JOB you should just lie and say it’s always great.

When does he refuse to acknowledge the opposition? He piled praise on Richmond after the grand final

Quote me his umpire whinges please

I can quote you an article that starts with ‘Chris Scott refuses to blame the umpire’ from the obvious Cameron mark that wasn’t paid against the swans

verbally abuses opposition players? He’s had 1 interaction in 11 seasons that I can think of and it was hardly abuse. And it was begun by a Lions player giving sh*t to HIM

Oh and hey, having your workplace performance played out in the mainstream media and literally being a permanent risk of being fired - I’m sure that WHEN YOURE ASKED ABOUT THE JOB you should just lie and say it’s always great.

When does he refuse to acknowledge the opposition? He piled praise on Richmond after the grand final
He’s a salty, disingenuous, sook of a bloke and I’m far from the only one who holds that opinion. You don’t have agree with me it’s fine.

But for the record he said the non-call at the end of the Sydney game was “clearly” a mark. It was very poor of him to bag the umps after being gifted a win against the Lions.

He’s a salty, disingenuous, sook of a bloke and I’m far from the only one who holds that opinion. You don’t have agree with me it’s fine.

How dare you say that about the great man he is very cross with you right now!!

giphy.gif

Back