Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 14 - Cats v Dogs Fri June 18th 7:50pm EST (GMHBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

And the fact is he gave a girl numerous drugs including heroin in his hotel room leading to her death by overdose and got off with a $1500 fine.

The facts obviously don't apply since he played for your club.

Brining up dark past because you lost a game 12 hours ago... Most people would of gotten over it within an hour, but 12 hours????

He’s a salty, disingenuous, sook of a bloke and I’m far from the only one who holds that opinion. You don’t have agree with me it’s fine.

Because most of the people who hold that opinion generally apply little if any context to what they want to project aboit him.

he’s coached 250 games of AFL.

In 0.04 per cent of them he’s verbally teed off on an opposition player.

hardly a ‘habit’ is it.

I can’t recall him EVER blaming an umpire or even having a whinge even though he would get asked about it every second presser. His answer is almost routinely ‘I didn’t see it’ or ‘it’s always hard when you’re on the field to make that assessment on the spot.’ You can literally write the article before he gives the quote because his answer will invariably be the same.

the part about praising the opposition is the part I get the least.

he always praises the opposition, he also gives honest answers and if he thinks his side can improve and beat them, he will say it. When you’re favourites to win 8 times out of every 10 games you play, the focus when you lose tends to be on ‘what went wrong’ rather than what the opposition did right. Answering those questions doesn’t mean he’s not acknowledging the opposition.

by all means people rub other people up the wrong way and you find reasons not to like them - I do it with countless sportsmen - but the reasons you gave seem pretty much made up

Interesting last few pages….!

Anyway, on the game - do the cats fans think their team played well, and if not what their issues were? Danger looks like he’s still working into fitness and thought our midfield got on top in the last. Is Duncan that important and how is he replaced?

Cats clinical at the right time and exploited a lack of composure at the end from the dogs players, so deserved the win although I thought we should’ve sneaked home given the balance of play in the last quarter.

I’m also pissed off that we went in with English solo ruck as the knock on effect of that is a loss in our forward line which allowed Stewart to do what he pleased.
Duncan is so important for us and if we lose him for the year, it’s major. Dangerfield, Guthrie, O’Connor all needing the run and will improve. As will the players still to return for dogs make a difference. It was a great contest and could have gone either way. Enjoyed watching it.

I can certainly understand Dogs supporters frustrations as Cats fans have experienced last minute losses and dodgy decisions, both for and against this year. I think the real salt stems from the fact it was Rohan and he was so far out on an angle. What should be acknowledged is the great kick it took to win the game! Footy is all about swings and seesaws.

Kinda made up for that BS Bruce goal...

And you honour her by using her death as leverage for internet points. Jesus, some of you people lose perspective when it comes to football.
Who's using their death for internet points? I couldn't give a * how many likes I had on this site. If you read the comments you'd understand but since you didn't actually read any of the comments by the other Geelong supporter why should I explain it to you.

Yes and he didn’t watch her. Hence she took something and thought it was something else, at least that’s the version I’ve read.

I’ll ask again. What is the difference between that and Hunter going high range and potentially killing someone?
stop trying to make yourself feel better after a loss because some guy you’ve never met who kicked a ******* bag of air 30 years ago f’ed up off the field same as countless blokes from other clubs or walks of life. Moral ******* police
So you were there?

I never said there was a difference, I also never talked about Hunter. You and I quote said "at least get your facts right" so I replied with the facts. And after another Geelong supporter brought up Jake Stringer and defended Gary Rohan for his actions.

And as for your rant in that paragraph, you are thinking too hard, I'm more disappointed with my side than annoyed Rohan kicked the goal. I'm only here because your flog Geelong supporters started talking about Lachie Hunter and Stringer, tagged 20+ dogs supporters in other threads, came onto our board, and your own boards mod came onto our board to start s**t.

Pack of weirdos with too much time on their hands.

So you were there?

I never said there was a difference, I also never talked about Hunter. You and I quote said "at least get your facts right" so I replied with the facts. And after another Geelong supporter brought up Jake Stringer and defended Gary Rohan for his actions.

And as for your rant in that paragraph, you are thinking too hard, I'm more disappointed with my side than annoyed Rohan kicked the goal. I'm only here because your flog Geelong supporters started talking about Lachie Hunter and Stringer, tagged 20+ dogs supporters in other threads, came onto our board, and your own boards mod came onto our board to start sh*t.

Pack of weirdos with too much time on their hands.

Ok mate.

‘I was only in there to get directions on how to get away from there.’

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How dare you say that about the great man he is very cross with you right now!!

giphy.gif

Selwood's defense: I thought it was a table sir, I got frustrated like Scotty does, no malice intended.

Nah.. Just pulled it out of your arse as Usual.. Also, You are the only Melbourne club that gets a favourable, biased draw. You get a true home ground advantage against other Melbourne teams with your games down at Geelong. That advantage practically gifts you finals berths ... It's like us getting 8 games a year at Whitten Oval.. No wonder you make the finals every year.

Charity club..

* me, have a sob!

The cats were forced in to their med-sub early, got more of the ball AND won the inside 50 count. And they did all that despite the Dogs CLEARLY getting an armchair ride with the umpiring.

Meltiest melty melt.

That’s what it’s all about innit? Winning a close one when the shittiest bloke on your team kicks one after the siren and then ripping into oppo campaigners.

love bigfooty:heart::heart:
Don't understand why so many are suddenly concerned about footballers being "s**t blokes".

May come as a shock, but a lot of footballers would in fact be pretty big assholes out of the public eye, and every club throughout its history has had players with off-field issues. Rohan's case was a fairly innocuous situation, the likes of which plenty of other people do and plenty in the football world would as well. But he didn't glass a woman or go on a drug binge or bash someone or light someone on fire. Every club would have players involved in off-field incidents, some we are made aware of and likely many we are not.

Don't understand why so many are suddenly concerned about footballers being "sh*t blokes".

May come as a shock, but a lot of footballers would in fact be pretty big assholes out of the public eye, and every club throughout its history has had players with off-field issues. Rohan's case was a fairly innocuous situation, the likes of which plenty of other people do and plenty in the football world would as well. But he didn't glass a woman or go on a drug binge or bash someone or light someone on fire. Every club would have players involved in off-field incidents, some we are made aware of and likely many we are not.
Still blows my mind that this is a valid inclusion on a list of misdemeanours by AFL players.

Because most of the people who hold that opinion generally apply little if any context to what they want to project aboit him.
Bullshit.

he’s coached 250 games of AFL. In 0.04 per cent of them he’s verbally teed off on an opposition player. hardly a ‘habit’ is it.
The fact he'd coached 200+ games off football and still believed it appropriate to approach players during a game speaks volumes of his character. How many other coaches have been fined for a verbal altercation with players? And then there's the other interactions- and there have been others- which he did not receive a fine for.

I can’t recall him EVER blaming an umpire or even having a whinge
Short memory? This was only last year.
Bit of a whinge here as well:

His answer is almost routinely ‘I didn’t see it’
"I've looked at the vision and it's clear it did (travel 15 metres)" is not "I didn't see it."

the part about praising the opposition is the part I get the least. he always praises the opposition.
He was criticised widely in the media for his comments re: Richmond in 2018 (" if you talk about the juggernauts of the competition in years gone by, you’re just never in the game against them. I don’t see that"). Though Richmond "only" made a preliminary final in 2018, they did go back-to-back in the two years afterwards (including beating Geelong, lol).

by all means people rub other people up the wrong way and you find reasons not to like them - I do it with countless sportsmen - but the reasons you gave seem pretty much made up
There's also this:
Geelong coach Chris Scott faces court action over $830k bar bill (paywalled).

My opinion isn't based on "made up" reasons just because you refuse to acknowledge them.

Back