Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 18 - Saints v Port Sat July 17th 1:45pm EST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

St-Kilda-vs-Port-Adelaide.png
9TH V 5TH

AFL 2021 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 18
ST KILDA V PORT ADELAIDE
SATURDAY JULY 17TH 1:45PM EST (MARVEL)

C4C09479-AA41-4EFA-A0A9-D0A4F59D5D60.png
TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY’S OWN SYSTEM

$1000 IN CASH PRIZES

Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won.

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

TEAMS

SAINTS

B: Howard, Wilkie, Highmore
HB: Webster, Sinclair, Hill
C: Ross, Dunstan, Billings
HF: Membrey, Marshall, Kent
F: Byrnes, King, Butler
FOL: Ryder, Steele, Jones

I/C: Connolly, Crouch, McKenzie, Long
EMG: Bytel, Joyce, Hunter, Lonie

IN: Nil
OUT: Josh Battle (injured)

POWER
B: Lienert, McKenzie, Aliir
HB: Burton, Jonas, Byrne-Jones
C: Bonner, Wines, Houston
HF: Amon, Georgiades, Marshall
F: Bergman, Dixon, Powell-Pepper
FOL: Lycett, Boak, Drew

I/C: Frederick, Woodcock, Ladhams, Mayes
EMG: McEntee, Garner, Clurey, Duursma

IN: Boyd Woodcock, Peter Ladhams, Riley Bonner
OUT: Connor Rozee, Steven Motlop, Zak Butters (all injured), Tom Clurey (omitted)

Last edited:
Saints last 16 quarters of football, they did not turn up for two of those. Large wins over Richmond and Brisbane on their home grounds. Had Collingwood and a structured Adelaide (had tex, fogarty and Doedee playing and in right positions) by the throat and then the cue went in the rack.

Also of note is how miserly the saints defence has become in the last four games coughing up opposition scores of 66, 22, 61 and 63.

Another point of interest is the winning percentage when Ryder and Marshall play together winning 5/6 this year. I personally think it has more to do with how much the side needs Marshalls aerial presence and contesting work.

Very confident a four quarter performance will equate to a sizeable percentage boosting win. A three quarter performance will see a tight finish.

Last thing i want is a return to earlier season form where the whole team looks out of sync. I hope that is past us.

There's a chance this game may be moved to Optus Stadium given St Kilda play in Perth the following week.

Club
Avg Age
Avg Gms
Avg Gls
Avg Hgt
Avg Wgt
St.K
25.70​
94.4​
51.1​
187.5​
86.4​
P.A.
25.43​
89.5​
40.5​
189.5​
89.2​

Would you consider also including the median age? Average age isn't very accurate as most teams have a couple of old timers. Median would be a much better represent the age depth.

Would you consider also including the median age? Average age isn't very accurate as most teams have a couple of old timers. Median would be a much better represent the age depth.

Eh, I've had that debate to death. I'll get you the medians for this game but otherwise I don't use them with football teams for reasons discussed at length previously.

St.K 25.78
P.A. 25.14

Think we will reach a breaking point this week and just have far too many injuries and holes filled with average players because of that. Missing 9/10 regular best 22 players and our form is feeling it now having absolutely no continuity in the playing group all season.

Can’t see us getting over the Saints who are on the up at the moment.

Think we will reach a breaking point this week and just have far too many injuries and holes filled with average players because of that. Missing 9/10 regular best 22 players and our form is feeling it now having absolutely no continuity in the playing group all season.

Can’t see us getting over the Saints who are on the up at the moment.

Please list these 9 of 22 players missing as i would love nothing more then to face your "best 22"

Please list these 9 of 22 players missing as i would love nothing more then to face your "best 22"

Butters, Rozee, Motlop, Fantasia, Jones, Duursma, Gray, Farrell and Rocky.

Yes Farrell and Rocky sit right on that fringe 22 bracket but both would be instant inclusions with our other injuries as we saw with Farrell before doing his knee and Rockys been out all year.

Also somewhat surprised Clurey was omitted after his first game back after 6 weeks off with a broken jaw but seeing as he’s been omitted I’m not including him but every inch of our depth is being pushed at the moment.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Butters, Rozee, Motlop, Fantasia, Jones, Duursma, Gray, Farrell and Rocky.

Yes Farrell and Rocky sit right on that fringe 22 bracket but both would be instant inclusions with our other injuries as we saw with Farrell before doing his knee and Rockys been out all year.

Also somewhat surprised Clurey was omitted after his first game back after 6 weeks off with a broken jaw but seeing as he’s been omitted I’m not including him but every inch of our depth is being pushed at the moment.

Rozee - bottom 6
Gray - big out
Butters - big out
Fantasia - you took an injury plagued player so this is to be expected and he's bottom 6
Motlop - decent out
Jones - bottom 6

Paton - decent out
Higgins - decent out
Clark - decent out
Gresham - decent out
Coffield - bottom 6
Geary - bottom 6

Every team has their outs, right? Gives opportunity to other blokes to step up. We have four playing on the weekend that would have gone very close to being turfed from the list if they didn't pull their finger out. Which they have. While other fringe players have stepped up like Long that could possibly keep say Higgins out for an extra week as no need to rush him in as an example.

Rozee - bottom 6
Gray - big out
Butters - big out
Fantasia - you took an injury plagued player so this is to be expected and he's bottom 6
Motlop - decent out
Jones - bottom 6

Paton - decent out
Higgins - decent out
Clark - decent out
Gresham - decent out
Coffield - bottom 6
Geary - bottom 6

Every team has their outs, right? Gives opportunity to other blokes to step up. We have four playing on the weekend that would have gone very close to being turfed from the list if they didn't pull their finger out. Which they have. While other fringe players have stepped up like Long that could possibly keep say Higgins out for an extra week as no need to rush him in as an example.

If Rozee is a bottom 6 player then we must have an incredibly strong list. I think he should be on ice for the rest of the year for what it’s worth. He’s been injured on and off all year and need to just get him right again. Same for Butters.

Anyway hope it’s a good game but I think we will be stretched too far and missing far too many of our dangerous forwards (our talls suck) so will struggle to score.

Rozee - bottom 6
Gray - big out
Butters - big out
Motlop - decent out
Jones - bottom 6

Paton - decent out
Higgins - decent out
Clark - decent out
Gresham - decent out
Coffield - bottom 6
Geary - bottom 6

Gresham a “decent out”!? He was on track to be our 2nd best behind Steele when he got injured this year. He’s a big out, and has match winning capabilities, as we’ve seen on more than one occasion in the past.

Wood was another one that was going really well and in no danger of being dropped, prior to his current injury.

Gresham a “decent out”!? He was on track to be our 2nd best behind Steele when he got injured this year. He’s a big out, and has match winning capabilities, as we’ve seen on more than one occasion in the past.

Wood was another one that was going really well and in no danger of being dropped, prior to his current injury.

Have to disagree with you on Gresham, i don't see see what you see at all regarding him, he's a clearance beast and thats all.

Actually to add to that, Gresham not playing is probably a very good thing for two reasons. We are giving others a crack and they have stepped up, secondly he has no defensive side to his game whereas the current players all do it both ways.

Wood is depth but if you see him best 22, okay. :)

At Marvel with Saints coming in after a strong month of footy against a team that's a bit down and trying to find the balance after a few injuries? Put Port down for a win, seen us lose a few games in a similar situation over the years so can't trust the saints here

At Marvel with Saints coming in after a strong month of footy against a team that's a bit down and trying to find the balance after a few injuries? Put Port down for a win, seen us lose a few games in a similar situation over the years so can't trust the saints here
I can't trust them anywhere. Never know which saints team will turn up. However with Ryder and Marshall both in and fit i'll back them here. tentatively.

The game just got bigger again for Ports with the Brisbane loss, we have a chance to enter the top 4.

This means we would convincingly lose based on past performances.

Port by 36.

Back