Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 18 - Saints v Port Sat July 17th 1:45pm EST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing how much hate their is for Dixon because people don't like his tattoos and that he shows a little passion. He was one of Ports most "Important" players today. Note how I said important not necessarily "Best".

There is something sad about it. People are talking about how bad a game it was to watch and Dixon is one of the few players in the league that makes it interesting. Pumps the team up after he kicks a big goal, smashes blokes, takes some ridiculous marks/goals. Seems to just really enjoy life and has a personality. Doesn't do dirty stuff like some of the other key forwards around. Plays injured, gets double/triple/quadruple teamed every week. Same with Wines. 2 Generally great advertisements for the game who play their hearts out and get bagged for no reason because half the people on here are pathetic losers. Like the commentators, they don't actually watch Port play, so they know the Gray/Boak/ Dixon's of the world, but nobody else. Have you heard that Dixon has a problem kicking goals against the top 8? He's only kicked 2, 2, ,4,3, 2 against the last 5 he's played and the last time he donuted was in round 7, when he kicked 0.2 from gettable shots + a shot 15m out directly in front that was reversed because Hartlett remonstrated in a game the ball barely entered our 50 against Brisbane when we had the same undermanned midfield we have now minus Boak (who was also injured). Who is this Dixon spud? The 8th leading Goal kicker in the comp, coming off the back of an AA year, who is paid less than just about everyone in front of him other than a guy having a career best season. He'd be paid less/ similar amount to 75% of the top 20 goalkickers this season. But yeah, he's an overrated spud, says fatties watching from their couches.

Career goals

Ben King 80
Max King 45

Saints fans will crap iny how Max was injured for his first season.
I dont care.
At absolute most that gets him 20 more.
you expect him to kick goals when he's no playing?????

and it wasn't just 1 year, he missed most of the u18 comp as well
he has a lot to work on, but bro he's 206 cm, did an ACL and then had Syndeesmosis that required surgery

went into 2020 with barely 1 pre-season in his career

you expect him to kick goals when he's no playing?????

and it wasn't just 1 year, he missed most of the u18 comp as well
he has a lot to work on, but bro he's 206 cm, did an ACL and then had Syndeesmosis that required surgery

went into 2020 with barely 1 pre-season in his career
Blah blah blah blah.
Always an excuse and explanation with the Saints. Injuries. Umpires..The weather. Climate change. Voodoo. Always something.
Today was absolutely insipid and mentally piss weak.
Direct your anger where it belongs.
The footy department at the Saints.
Another season pissed down the drain.
That's ten s**t seasons in a row now.

If you look at possessions sure... But if you actually pay attention to the game you realise how important Dixon was all game.
Howard smashed Dixon today and should of had 10 frees for holding and high contact contest after contest
Blah blah blah blah.
Always an excuse and explanation with the Saints. Injuries. Umpires..The weather. Climate change. Voodoo. Always something.
Today was absolutely insipid and mentally piss weak.
Direct your anger where it belongs.
The footy department at the Saints.
oh I'm pissed, but that doesn't mean it's all King's fault either.
you're saying he's s**t because his brother has kicked more goals than him with 2 extra pre-seasons and a full season more games, well duh....
it's like facts...... not voodoo

Howard smashed Dixon today and should of had 10 frees for holding and high contact contest after contest

you're saying he's sh*t because his brother has kicked more goals than him with 2 extra pre-seasons and a full season more games, well duh....
You are correct. Howard was all over Dixon and Dixon should have had 10 frees for holding and high contact contest after contest.

you're saying he's sh*t because his brother has kicked more goals than him with 2 extra pre-seasons and a full season more games, well duh....
Noone is saying it's his fault.
I'm saying his development has been stymied by a s**t footy program

EFA

Don't deny it either, you know you had a free run.
Your team still lost - Don't deny it either.

The way you were shooting you mouth off, St Kilda should have won even if we had 30 on the field.

Hubris often allows karma to be a mirror. Enjoy your weekend.

Noone is saying it's his fault.
I'm saying his development has been stymied by a sh*t footy program

King is excelling for a second season key forward.

I know it’s hard for a Swans supporter to understand club lists. Getting gifted top end talent by the AFL each year must hurt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your team still lost - Don't deny it either.

The way you were shooting you mouth off, St Kilda should have won even if we had 30 on the field.

Hubris often allows karma to be a mirror. Enjoy your weekend.

How do you troll when you know your team was helped over the line by the biggest problem in the AFL, the umpiring fraternity. I am consistent and pay out on them constantly for ruining games where the saints are not involved. Today is just more of the same. First quarter was comical how King is blatantly pushed in the back in front of goal and ignored, followed by a mark not long after, called touched by someone else in the pack first, followed by a Marshall mark not paid, all in front of goal like i said.

Then as the day progresses, throws, pushes in the back from your forwards and defenders, elbows to the head, you name it, it was constantly ignored yet the second the saints slightly infringe, free kick Port.

This doesn't even take into account the teams woeful accuracy but same for your team as well. In the end the Port leaders stood up while we were left again with just Steele. That was the game.

My weekends fine, my multi is going fine (saints +21.5 start) and 4/5 wins will still see us make finals. If we are good enough, we will be there.

How do you troll when you know your team was helped over the line by the biggest problem in the AFL, the umpiring fraternity. I am consistent and pay out on them constantly for ruining games where the saints are not involved. Today is just more of the same. First quarter was comical how King is blatantly pushed in the back in front of goal and ignored, followed by a mark not long after, called touched by someone else in the pack first, followed by a Marshall mark not paid, all in front of goal like i said.

Then as the day progresses, throws, pushes in the back from your forwards and defenders, elbows to the head, you name it, it was constantly ignored yet the second the saints slightly infringe, free kick Port.

This doesn't even take into account the teams woeful accuracy but same for your team as well. In the end the Port leaders stood up while we were left again with just Steele. That was the game.

My weekends fine, my multi is going fine (saints +21.5 start) and 4/5 wins will still see us make finals. If we are good enough, we will be there.
Wowwwww that is one of the all time classic bigfooty rants. I applaud you.

King is excelling for a second season key forward.

I know it’s hard for a Swans supporter to understand club lists. Getting gifted top end talent by the AFL each year must hurt.
Our best fwd (Papley) was pick 14 in the rookie draft.
Max King was a pick 2 in the National Draft.
Who are the other gifts?
Gulden was pick 32.

All I'm saying is Max King is good but should be better and is being stymied by s**t coaches.

Anyway. Enjoy Jeff jeffing your club.

I know Port won.

I know St Kilda lost.

I know you melted.

Well played.

I'll give you the tip, the umps haven't been paying the sorts of pushes in the back you are talking about for years. Ignoring the fact that you are glossing over the ones you got away with like Long literally tackling Aliir to the ground in a marking contest, they just don't pay half pushes. If you want them paid, and all the other niggly holds, Dixon gets 20 free kicks today and you're apoplectic. You got away with as many holds, throws, pushes in the back, etc as we did. 2 of the more contentious decisions against you in your f50 had goals scored 30 secs later anyway. Pretending a 17:16 count our way in a 3 goal game where we are 10.14(3oof) to your 8.13 is frankly pathetic. We won the clearances, contested possessions and contested marks and smashed you in the tackles. We were harder. We didn't have 800k a year players hand 2 scoring shots in 60 secs, or have our 600k inside mid recruits getting bowled over in a vital clearance late by Karl farking Amon. Other than Steele, Ryder, Marshall, you were gutless. I don't care how many over the hill or 22nd man spuds you have out, our entire forward line is injured. We put out our worst AFL team since 2018. We're putting out one of the worst sides ever seen in the SANFL tomorrow. You had everything going your way and still put up a gutless performance. You can invent some non push in the pack or hold as the reason you lost today, but it won't cover up the fact that you have 2-3 overpaid spuds in your team and a core group of players that wouldn't get games at top 4-6 sides.

whos the 8 you got out?

no Rozee , Motlop , butters, clurey , Jones , Gray , fantasia , hartlett , Duursma for Port.
Hartlett and Clurey are playing in the reserves, they were dropped and weren’t able to get a game in their injury decimated team, so they’re obviously no current loss.

Definite best 22’s (at the time of their injuries), or in the team when they got injured for us, were Gresham, Hannebery, Clark, Carlisle/Frawley, Higgins, Wood, Geary, Paton, Coffield.

As has been approximately the case for us for most of the year.

We then lost McKenzie (who has been playing all year when available) to concussion in the first half, while Highmore apparently broke his hand at some point of the game.

Both teams were well short of full strength.

Last edited:
Back